Notifications
Clear all

SKINCARE PRODUCTS WITH FRAGANCE (PARFUM)

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/10/2015 4:15 pm

Hey guys :)
-my question is , Do you guys think skin care products with fragance (parfum) can cause acne or make someone breakout?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/10/2015 4:49 pm

32 minutes ago, chrt_mvc said:

Hey guys :)
-my question is , Do you guys think skin care products with fragance (parfum) can cause acne or make someone breakout?

It may. I know for sure products with parfum isn't good for to use on the face.

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/10/2015 6:53 pm

2 hours ago, oyinkan98 said:

It may. I know for sure products with parfum isn't good for to use on the face.

Yea , I noticed that a lot of skin care products have fragrance (parfum) and some people might be allergic to it

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/10/2015 8:30 pm

1 hour ago, Chloe123 said:

Not all products do. But if your skin is sensitive i would completely avoid fragrance. This especially applies to products from lush, asian stores, the body shop etc. Its there to smell nice, with no specific purpose. Always go for products that contain "gentle" "soap free" "ph balanced" "fragrance free" 🙂

Should I only wash my face with water then? because I have the Neutrogena ultra gentle daily cleanser and it's has fragrance in it

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/10/2015 9:16 pm

38 minutes ago, Chloe123 said:

Are you talking about this one:  http://www.acne.org/neutrogena-extra-gentle-cleanser-reviews-18/  ?? I dont think it has fragrance in it. I used to use this, and it was fine. If its working for you, dont stop using it. Some people have no problem with a little fragrance. Im talking about those really smelly face masks you get from lush that smell like cupcakes. Those mess up your skin.

Companies like cetaphil, neutrogena and aveeno dont usually have high amounts of fragrance in them :) 

No , I'm using this one  http://www.neutrogena.com/product/ultra+gentle+daily+cleanser.do   and you can see fragrance (parfum) in the ingredients 

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/10/2015 9:28 pm

10 minutes ago, chrt_mvc said:

No , I'm using this one http://www.neutrogena.com/product/ultra+gentle+daily+cleanser.do and you can see fragrance (parfum) in the ingredients

I actually think that one should be fine. It depends on the amount of fragrance though. It's like the last ingredient. Is it breaking you out though?

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/10/2015 9:44 pm

3 hours ago, oyinkan98 said:

I actually think that one should be fine. It depends on the amount of fragrance though. It's like the last ingredient. Is it breaking you out though?

well I don't really breakout , I do get whiteheads but I never had bad acne (cysts)....my biggest problems is that for the last 3 years or more I've had these red blotchy bumps . You can't really see them but you can see them after I take a shower , sweat (workout) ,wash my face , when I'm hot or shy and my face turns all red. They don't really look like pimples. They don't have puss and they're not painful...

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/11/2015 12:38 am

they look like this 

566a6065963df_2015-12-1023.57.40.thumb.j566a606444ccd_2015-12-1023.55.45.jpg.639566a605e66fd6_2015-12-1100.18.24.jpg.72b
566a605d4a1b2_2015-12-1100.15.26.jpg.bf2
They look like  whiteheads but theres nothing inside , they're just red and bumpy

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/11/2015 12:59 am

19 minutes ago, chrt_mvc said:

they look like this 

566a6065963df_2015-12-1023.57.40.thumb.j566a606444ccd_2015-12-1023.55.45.jpg.639566a605e66fd6_2015-12-1100.18.24.jpg.72b
566a605d4a1b2_2015-12-1100.15.26.jpg.bf2
They look like  whiteheads but theres nothing inside , they're just red and bumpy

I think your skin is irritated, try aloe vera gel. When I threaded my brows for the first time, my skin was super irritated and I had bumps like that on my forehead. Took 2 weeks before they went away. And I didn't have aloe.

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/11/2015 2:18 am

i have this for like 2-3 years , it should've been gone long time ago if yours took 2 weeks :( ... before they were less noticeable because it was under the skin so my cheek would only look red but now it's on the surface and it's red and bumpy  

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/11/2015 2:48 am

28 minutes ago, chrt_mvc said:

i have this for like 2-3 years , it should've been gone long time ago if yours took 2 weeks :( ... before they were less noticeable because it was under the skin so my cheek would only look red but now it's on the surface and it's red and bumpy  

Maybe the perfume in the cleanser triggered it? Or some type of food caused it.

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/11/2015 3:03 am

9 minutes ago, oyinkan98 said:

Maybe the perfume in the cleanser triggered it? Or some type of food caused it.

I don't know , tbh I had better skin before , when I didn't use anything on my face. My twin sister doesn't use any skin care product and has better skin than mine. Sometimes I think about stop using them but I don't know if my skin will get worse and I don't want that :o 

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/11/2015 3:05 am

Just now, chrt_mvc said:

I don't know , tbh I had better skin before , when I didn't use anything on my face. My twin sister doesn't use any skin care product and has better skin than mine. Sometimes I think about stop using them but I don't know if my skin will get worse and I don't want that :o 

maybe try the water only method? and aloe of course . wait or maybe tea tree oil 100 % diluted obviously.

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/11/2015 3:13 am

8 minutes ago, oyinkan98 said:

maybe try the water only method? and aloe of course . wait or maybe tea tree oil 100 % diluted obviously.

yea , I'm thinking about that ....I'll only wash my face with water and moisturize ,I don't see the point of using a cleanser ....what's aloe gel? a moisturizer? and where can I get tea tree oil? is that a spot treatment? that's a lot of questions lol :P 

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/11/2015 3:25 am

6 minutes ago, Chloe123 said:

Sorry i think i misread everything on here. You said they were under the skin before? It seems like you are purging. Aloe vera will still help. But you're better off applying BP until they all dry off, or getting a retinoid from your doctor. IF these were bumps before, and now its turning into pimples that is 100% normal and a good thing. Sorry i misread everything. I dont think the cleanser is causing this, your skin is probably purging toxins out.

Yes , they were under the skin before now it's on the surface but it just red theres no white stuff. back in september a doctor prescribe me ''clindoxyl gel'' that I had to use for a month and it didn't do anything

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/11/2015 3:58 am

actually the ''clindoxyl gel'' helped with a few whiteheads and scars ....but not with the red bumps. Steaming my face will only make the bumps look more red. I used to do it before

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/11/2015 11:34 am

7 hours ago, chrt_mvc said:

actually the ''clindoxyl gel'' helped with a few whiteheads and scars ....but not with the red bumps. Steaming my face will only make the bumps look more red. I used to do it before

Thought I was the only one that steaming did that to.

chrt_mvc liked
MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/11/2015 12:33 pm

Is it really important to use a cleanser? I'll try to wash my face only with water and moisturize ... my natural oils will probably help to moiturize my sensitive skin

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/11/2015 3:07 pm

2 hours ago, chrt_mvc said:

Is it really important to use a cleanser? I'll try to wash my face only with water and moisturize ... my natural oils will probably help to moiturize my sensitive skin

It's important to wash your face period. But a lot of people have said water only worked for them, you just have to be patient. And moisturize, yes.

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/11/2015 3:26 pm

I havereally dry skin but I think using skin care produtcs made my skin overproduce oil...even water could make my skin dry. Is there anything natural at home that I can use as cleanser? ...I washed my face with only water this morning and itdoesn't feel dry nor oily , feels just right ...I'll use sugar as scrub once a week to remove the dead skin.

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/11/2015 4:26 pm

57 minutes ago, chrt_mvc said:

I have really dry skin but I think using skin care produtcs made my skin overproduce oil...even water could make my skin dry.  Is there anything natural at home that I can use as cleanser? ...I washed my face with only water this morning and it doesn't feel dry nor oily , feels just right ...I'll use sugar as scrub once a week to remove the dead skin.

I know honey is good :)  http://diy.allwomenstalk.com/#search?q=Diy%20face%20cleanser%20for%20dry%20skin  I helped you search for what you're looking for. This website is very helpful, you can find some awesome tips for skin too. It's all natural and what you need. 

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/11/2015 4:56 pm

Thanks :) I have a toner (Nivea Gentle Toner) for dry and sensitive skin , Do I still need to use it if I only wash my face with water?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/11/2015 5:28 pm

31 minutes ago, chrt_mvc said:

Thanks :) I have a toner (Nivea Gentle Toner) for dry and sensitive skin , Do I still need to use it if I only wash my face with water?

Yes you do :)  You're welcome

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/11/2015 6:10 pm

17 minutes ago, Chloe123 said:

You know what, maybe your acne and redness could be due to your skincare routine if your face feels dry after washing it with water! Why not go all out with the caveman regimen for even one month and see if it clears you? Didn't do it for me, however a lot of people on here have cured their acne! Thelovevitamin.com has great tips for natural products! 

Yup , I'll try to wash my face with only water for a few weeks to let my skin heal and see the results . After , I'll probably try all natural products :) 

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/12/2015 4:28 am

Do you guys think It might be an allergic reaction ? .... I just saw this ( http://belinspired.blogspot.ca/2015/01/kate-somerville-oil-free-moisturizer.html ) and she pretty much had what I have now