Notifications
Clear all

What can I do to minimize the appearance of these scars

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 12/08/2015 1:11 pm

I've been dermarolling for years and recently switched over to stamping and light chemical peels (12.5% TCA to smooth out rough areas and 30% glycolic acid to help with redness)so that I can focus just on this area. Rolling really helped (lots of super old scars filled in)but I was still breaking out so got new scars (tethered) and this is what I am left with. I've had these "new scars" for about 1-3years (some newer, some older) When I stretch my skin, they are still there but very shallow so I am thinking they are tethered. They don't look so bad when stretched but when they aren't it looks like a big wrinkle. The other side is not like that at all. I considered subcision but can't find anybody nearby to do it. I'm scared to do it myself. I don't think laser would help. Any ideas on how to at least minimize the appearance? I don't wear makeup. I think it magnifies the scars.

Photo on 12-8-15 at 10.52 AM #2 (1).jpg

Photo on 12-8-15 at 10.52 AM #3.jpg

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 12/09/2015 9:12 am

i dont think that anyone notices them ,, they are not bad at all ... m not lying fter the rednesss goes they will hardly b noticeable ... else u can go to derm .....

MemberMember
(@simplemutton)

Posted : 12/09/2015 10:40 am

filler?

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 12/10/2015 7:07 am

They are probably irritating OP because the scarringmakes it look like awrinkle... Have you looked into subcision? They seem to be tethered when you stretch the skin like that, so you should benefit from Subcsion.

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 12/10/2015 10:11 am

Exactly, il90! It's not the scars that bother me... it's the fact that it looks like a wrinkle and that makes me feel old and look older.

I have looked into subcision but I can't find anybody nearby who does it. :(

Simple Mutton, my derm recommended fillers but they are temporary and I don't fill comfortable injecting a foreign substance into my skin. I won't even get botox for that reason. You never know what effects it can have and I don't want to take that chance.

Foreveralone, I have been working on getting rid of the redness. It was worse (redness). It's been a slow process but it's slowly starting to fade. Problem is, is every now and then I break out and I have to start all over again. It's never ending!

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 12/10/2015 5:11 pm

Well try to find someone that does Subcision. If you can fly to London, Dr. Chu can do it on the same day for about 300 pounds (which includes dermapenand prp as well). You will look a bit odd afterwards, but lots do.I went on a train for three hours afterwards.

If you are only doing that area then it probably won't even show afterwards just a bit swelling so you should be fine to travel!

Fillers won't do it I don't think if they are tethered. Fillers work great on non-tethered scars though, that is, when you stretch the skin the scar disappears.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 12/10/2015 5:24 pm

lol @ ur avatar

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 12/11/2015 10:51 am

I WISH I could fly to London!!! Can't afford it. I have a son who is about to go to college (YIKES) and we have to pay for it ourselves and we just had a baby so definitely can't travel.

Rob, that's what I look like now. Age does that do you. ;)

Rob_X_22 liked
MemberMember
(@acnepolis)

Posted : 12/11/2015 7:21 pm

It's so minor I personally wouldn't do anything. But since you've had success with rolling how about using a single needle model to really just poke the scar area. I suppose a normal roller or stamp would mostly miss the scar since it's so small. I've had a good experience in skin care with vitamin c-serum ("c20"), which I think could also be useful in aftercare to promote collagen and to prevent pigmentation. Certainly no home subcision or you risk making things a lot worse :P I'd hesitate to have that done even professionally for something so small.