Notifications
Clear all

Strange behaviour by skin post-accutane

MemberMember
(@measuring-tool)

Posted : 12/06/2015 3:03 pm

Hi, acne people!

I finished my second course of accutane one month ago, and am unable to understand what my skin is doing. For the first time since I started the course, I have two or three small spots with pus in the heads. They are not very red or sore, and are on the left side of my mouth/chin.

While I understand this could be indicative of a relapse, I don't understand why. My first course of accutane (five years ago) was 20mg/day for 3 months, and it took at least a year for my acne to return at all.

This course, I've probably taken around 60mg/day for 6 months. That's loads more than the first time! How could I relapse with small whiteheads after only a month? Furthermore, my skin is still bone dry - let me rub it again - mmm~, yes, most dry~! Not flaky anymore, but it doesn't feel oily at all.

I'm so consumed with worry...

I also have little bumps of red, irritated skin every few days with no pus in them, that dissapear after a day or two. These started appearing halfway-through my second accutane course! They don't bother me so much, though.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/06/2015 4:04 pm

There is no rhyme or reason for why some people relapse after accutane and some don't. I recommend you follow up with your derm sooner rather than later, maybe get on a topical.

No sense in stressing

MemberMember
(@measuring-tool)

Posted : 12/06/2015 4:33 pm

Yeah, that's what a smart person would do! Unfortunately, I don't have a derm. The second course of accutane I've just taken was self-prescribed (generics purchased from the Internet).

Yep, I've read the stickied thread by Dan at the top of this sub-forum. There are two sides to every tale, and I have good reasons why I did it this way. I won't bore everyone with a soapbox diatribe about it!

I could just use a little advice from the folks here about these symptoms.

Thanks for calming me down and caring .