Notifications
Clear all

Super severe acne

MemberMember
(@clayman9)

Posted : 12/05/2015 11:39 pm

Hey guys, this is my first real post on here even though I've been stalking this place for a good while now. I'm a 15yo male andI want to start off by saying I have some of the absolute worst acne I've ever seen. Much worse then most I see on the gallery. It's a combination of cysts/nodules, blackheads, zits and whiteheads. It's super inflamed more than 80% of the time as well.... I tend to have dry skin most of the time but it gets oily too. Currently I'm using a cleanser called derma clear in the morning, jojoba oil and colloidal silver (topically) after showering, then I cleanse my facewith jojoba oil at night and apply tea tree oil diluted if it's bad enough. Then tretinoin and a moisturizer.

I've tried so many different treatments and nothing seems to work! My current regiment is doing OK but it's very persistent. I'm currently trying to change my diet and exercise more but that will take time. I'm on the edge of taking Accutane but I'm very scared of the idea. Will it be worth the risk in the end?

Sorry for this wall of text, any advice is helpful. Thanks everyone.

MemberMember
(@clayman9)

Posted : 12/06/2015 4:37 pm

Bump?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/06/2015 6:07 pm

18 hours ago, Clayman9 said:

Hey guys, this is my first real post on here even though I've been stalking this place for a good while now. I'm a 15yo male andI want to start off by saying I have some of the absolute worst acne I've ever seen. Much worse then most I see on the gallery. It's a combination of cysts/nodules, blackheads, zits and whiteheads. It's super inflamed more than 80% of the time as well.... I tend to have dry skin most of the time but it gets oily too. Currently I'm using a cleanser called derma clear in the morning, jojoba oil and colloidal silver (topically) after showering, then I cleanse my facewith jojoba oil at night and apply tea tree oil diluted if it's bad enough. Then tretinoin and a moisturizer.

I've tried so many different treatments and nothing seems to work! My current regiment is doing OK but it's very persistent. I'm currently trying to change my diet and exercise more but that will take time. I'm on the edge of taking Accutane but I'm very scared of the idea. Will it be worth the risk in the end?

Sorry for this wall of text, any advice is helpful. Thanks everyone.

Give the acne.org regimen a try.

MemberMember
(@clayman9)

Posted : 12/06/2015 6:50 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. I typed this post up very fast. So I left a few things out. Benzoyl peroxide causes a bad reaction on my face, at least inthe Neutrogena spot treatment. Maybe it was another ingredient but both times I got a terrible rash everywhere, even where I didn't apply it! And I do realize I'm young but it's quite bad for my age, huge cysts terrible red spots that ooze and lots of pain.

If you guys think it will clear up with age I'll hold off on the Accutane. The side effects seem very terrifying to me. And it doesn't hurt my self esteem too bad it's just very very painful and is starting to scar.

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@clayman9)

Posted : 12/06/2015 7:03 pm

4 minutes ago, Chloe123 said:

I have the same reaction to BP too. I wish i could try the regimen but i really cant :( Hows your diet? Btw, are you a girl or a boy? if you're a girl you can get hormone testing and try birth control or spiro. Less side effects than accutane, and it usually works for alot of people.

I'm a male. 

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/06/2015 7:23 pm

18 minutes ago, Clayman9 said:

I'm a male. 

See a dermatologist. :) or try using natural products (e.g., honey, lemon, ice).

So basically, when you say 'less side effects', there are still side effects? 

MemberMember
(@clayman9)

Posted : 12/06/2015 10:32 pm

So how do you guys feel about Accutane?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/06/2015 11:03 pm

29 minutes ago, Clayman9 said:

So how do you guys feel about Accutane?

Definitely works for sure. Has side effects though. You might just want to research more about it. But works 🙂

MemberMember
(@jaures)

Posted : 12/07/2015 4:58 am

Take accutane before you start to scar, trust me you will thank yourself that you started it.

Coming from personnal experience and other's people stories I read.

Even low dose at start if you are anxious about it.