Notifications
Clear all

Anyone else's acne get worse in the first few weeks?

MemberMember
(@disco_spiderr)

Posted : 12/01/2015 3:42 pm

I'm on my third or fourth week of using the Acne.org treatment with a gentle cleanser and a moisturizer, and I'm experiencing a pretty bad breakout. I understand that everybody's experience is a little different, and the guide said to expect a possible breakout in the first few weeks. I'm just wondering how many people have experienced the same thing, and how long it took for that to clear up. I guess I should expect to be mostly cleared up in a couple of months?

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 12/01/2015 5:22 pm

Mine got worse around the 4 and 5th week. It was when I started increasing my BP doses that I noticed it was getting really bad.. So I only use a pea siZed amount morning and night but my acne is only mild-moderate I think if you have servere acne you may need to use the full amount.

I also decreased the amount if moisturiser I use unless I am going out and wearing make up then you defo cannot skip this part.. Most ppl on this site would say not to skip the moustrier but I felt like it was breaking me out.

im nearly on my second month and I am stil not completely clear I break out now and then but my skin has defiantly improved and it's nearly all flat with hyperpigmentation. It was about thesame time as you that I broke out.

It is defo normal but you have to keep going I wanted to give up at this point my chin was awful I had about 5 spots on just one side of my chin and they were huge but I kept going

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 12/03/2015 12:16 pm

Breakouts happen a lot within the first two months of the regimen. It is a lot of ups and downs cause some days your skin is clear, and other days its just terrible. Don't stress too much about it because even in my 4th and 5th week I broke out and was close to quitting....I didn't and it was the best decision I made for my skin.