Notifications
Clear all

am i still beautiful with acne?

MemberMember
(@adams99)

Posted : 11/29/2015 8:58 pm

I'm 16 and have been suffering from acne for almost 3 years now. my parents say its just my hormones and being a teenager come with stress and i went to 2 dermatologists and one said it was my poor diet and drinking milk and chocolate but the other said i have hormonal acne and gave me this night cream (that didn't work) but now i want to go back to the second dermatologist because i have a large bump that's painful on my right upper cheek and a large bump on my chin and a medium bump on my upper left forehead by my hairline and everything is painful and i hate going out in public looking like this. i hate going to school because I'm always worried that people are starring at my acne and it takes away from my confidence and makes me feel ugly. my parents have told me I'm beautiful with acne but i don't see it. i constantly find my self starring at my face in the mirror crying and wishing i looked like the other pretty girls in my school. i once stayed in bed for 4 days because i was too insecure to leave my house because my acne. i pray to god every night hoping he will cure my acne and i can be happy again and not have to worry about covering up my face with makeup and hiding in bed because i don't want people to see my ugly face. i mean i don't have severe acne but do you think someone like me can still be beautiful with acne?

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 12/01/2015 4:50 pm

On 30-11-2015 0201, adams99 said:

I'm 16 and have been suffering from acne for almost 3 years now. my parents say its just my hormones and being a teenager come with stress and i went to 2 dermatologists and one said it was my poor diet and drinking milk and chocolate but the other said i have hormonal acne and gave me this night cream (that didn't work) but now i want to go back to the second dermatologist because i have a large bump that's painful on my right upper cheek and a large bump on my chin and a medium bump on my upper left forehead by my hairline and everything is painful and i hate going out in public looking like this. i hate going to school because I'm always worried that people are starring at my acne and it takes away from my confidence and makes me feel ugly. my parents have told me I'm beautiful with acne but i don't see it. i constantly find my self starring at my face in the mirror crying and wishing i looked like the other pretty girls in my school. i once stayed in bed for 4 days because i was too insecure to leave my house because my acne. i pray to god every night hoping he will cure my acne and i can be happy again and not have to worry about covering up my face with makeup and hiding in bed because i don't want people to see my ugly face. i mean i don't have severe acne but do you think someone like me can still be beautiful with acne?

That depends on the person. Personally, I don't mind acne on girls, but others might.

MemberMember
(@baxtermcdoobinson)

Posted : 12/03/2015 8:08 pm

Beauty is rich in a loveless world. This world isn't without love and there is plenty of lust to go as well. There is much more to existence than the infinite pursuit of superficial perfection.

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/03/2015 8:55 pm

Ofcourse you are. I don'r really think acne determines beauty. Some 'makeup guru's' on youtube have acne too and it doesn't really affect them.

bumpee liked
MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 12/08/2015 1:29 pm

I've seen some very attractive girls with acne. They've also been very confident which is always attractive as well.

MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 12/10/2015 6:40 am

On 30/11/2015, 1101, adams99 said:

Wow you sound just like me when i was your age - and that was quite a long time ago. I don't know why some of us have to suffer like this and others get perfect skin. Life is unfair.

You can still be attractive with acne. There is this model with acne who does youtube videos about putting make up on. I think she is very attractive - even without her makeup. Of course "beauty" is a subjective kind of thing.

Dont put too much trust in dermatologists. They dont know everything. But keep giving things a try. You might be one of the lucky ones who cures their acne. Diet is a good place to start. You could try cutting out junk food - especially sugar. And dairy can be a culprit for some people.

MemberMember
(@jensweetone)

Posted : 12/12/2015 1:39 pm

You ABSOLUTELY can still be beautiful with acne! I know how it feels and I know it hurts, but hang in there. What changed about your when you got acne? Nothing except painful spots on your face. Your hair is the same, your personality is there, your beautiful eyes are there, your laugh, the things you are good at, etc. Beauty is an accumulation of these things. Listen to me, you are so much more than your skin.

MemberMember
(@gman2)

Posted : 12/14/2015 6:58 pm

Im a guy but I'm16 too and I totally feel your pain. I think acne does not really affect a girls attractiveness that much if at all. However despite the fact that it does not affect my views I still can't keep myself from staring in my mirror all the time and hating my skin and thinking about how gross it is. I think thatsjust part of being human in modern society, we all judge ourselves way harder than everyone else does and we pick out all of our little imperfections that even your closest friends and even family members never notice. However If acne is really affecting you that much then I would suggest accutane. Im coming on up two months now and seeing pretty good results. Ik they say it may cause depression but personally I think thats a load of crap. In my experience Acne causes depression, not accutane. Since starting I've been much happier and a lot more outgoing! Its obviously something you have to consider and decide on for yourself, but for me it has definitely changed my life for the better so far

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 12/15/2015 12:33 am

5 hours ago, gman2 said:

Im a guy but I'm16 too and I totally feel your pain. I think acne does not really affect a girls attractiveness that much if at all. However despite the fact that it does not affect my views I still can't keep myself from staring in my mirror all the time and hating my skin and thinking about how gross it is. I think thatsjust part of being human in modern society, we all judge ourselves way harder than everyone else does and we pick out all of our little imperfections that even your closest friends and even family members never notice. However If acne is really affecting you that much then I would suggest accutane. Im coming on up two months now and seeing pretty good results. Ik they say it may cause depression but personally I think thats a load of crap. In my experience Acne causes depression, not accutane. Since starting I've been much happier and a lot more outgoing! Its obviously something you have to consider and decide on for yourself, but for me it has definitely changed my life for the better so far

NO NO NO. Accutane shouldn't be prescribed lightly - it should be a last resort. She's a teenage girl, for one thing, her acne is likely hormonal and will either regulate itself as she passes through puberty into her twenties, or it will continue as a part of her menstrual cycle. From what it sounds like, she hasn't tried enough other treatments and her acne isn't severe enough to the point where it makes sense to poison her body with Vitamin A (that's essentially what Accutane is).

Girl, I feel ya. I have been in your shoes where every time I looked in the mirror or at photos I could only see my acne - my eyes would just be drawn to those areas on my face and I wouldn't even look at the whole picture (literally and figuratively). I still look at old photos and remember how I felt.But I know that my friends and family saw a beautiful girl with a bright goofy smile, not my acne. There is SO much more to you than your skin, and beauty comes from within! And I bet you have other great physical features - maybe your eyes, or your smile, or your bone structure - who knows, I haven't seen a pic. But you're YOU and you are beautiful.

Still, you do have options to treat your acne, because just because you are still beautiful with it, no one should have to put up with pain and psychological trauma. Once acne is affecting your ability to enjoy life, it's definitely time to treat it!It sounds like maybe you haven't been to the right dermatologist yet. I would encourage you to go back to one and ask some detailed questions, like the ones below

1) Is my acne hormonal? Would going on certainbirth control known to helpacne be an option for me? (it would help if you track your breakouts with your cycle and see if there's a pattern, although you might have acne all the time due to a hormonal imbalance.)

2) Is my acne mostly inflammatory or mostly noninflammatory?

2) Ask about a topical regimen. It sounds like I have similar acne to yours, and I had success with abenzoyl peroxide washin the am followed byclindamycin and a gentle cleanser at night followed by differin (adapalene). Make sure to discuss expectations for how long to stick with a routine before changing it.

3) what lifestyle changes can I make that might make a difference? (diet changes, exercise, stress?)

Lastly, I can think of a few actresses who I think are absolutely gorgeous who have some acne and scarring. Check out Mae Whitman on Parenthood, and Journee Smollet from Friday Night Lightswho also appears on Parenthood!I have noticed theyboth have varying degrees of acne/scarring at certain points of the showsand they BOTH play such lovely, genuine characters that they just glow from within and you might notice their skin briefly but it doesn't make them any less gorgeous.

MemberMember
(@guitarslinger95)

Posted : 12/15/2015 7:46 am

On 11/30/2015, 1201, adams99 said:

i mean i don't have severe acne but do you think someone like me can still be beautiful with acne?

Of course you can. A lot of teenagers your age will suffer from some form of acne at some point. The ones that don't get even a pimple on there face are very lucky is all I can say. Try not to think about what others might be thinking about you, because at the end of the day it doesn't matter what they think. Also remember, people in general aren't ever going to judge you because of your skin, & if they do they aren't a very nice person & are probably insecure themselves. Unfortunately teenagers can be quite mean and harsh with the things they say. Regardless of all that, I know it may seem hard for you to think you are beautiful when you have acne, but acne doesn't change who you are! Listen to your parent's, they know you more than anyone else does 🙂

MemberMember
(@rosaceasingapore)

Posted : 12/18/2015 12:22 am

I have seen beautiful girls with acne. Some of them cover it with makeup really well, some of them show their bare faces. Confidence is key.

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@likehaze)

Posted : 01/10/2016 10:12 pm

gimme a pic and i ll tell u