Notifications
Clear all

Post Subcision Results w/Picture

MemberMember
(@kazalea)

Posted : 11/28/2015 11:20 am

Just over a week ago I had subcision done. The doctor came in and marked my 40 worst scars (he charges for up the 40, then the next price point is over 40). The nurse came in and injected each scar with lidocaine, then the doctor went to town. I didn't feel a thing, but I heard the scars being broken up. He is very experienced with subcision, and told me he had just done a subcision on a man with 80 acne scars before he came into my room. After I was done, I looked like I had bee stings all over my face. I was waiting for the bruising to set in, but it never did. I did get hyperpigmentation at each needle insertion point, but it's fading rather quickly. Starting day 3, I suctioned 2x a day. I plan on getting a second subcision next month, but I'm happy with how this one is turning out. I know some might say I still have microswelling, but I will continue to update as the weeks go on because some say it continues to get better and some say worse. For now, I'm happy.  

The left is before subcision, the right is after. Same lighting. 

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 11/28/2015 12:47 pm

Awesome! I'm glad people are taking the necessary steps in treating their acne scars!

Keep us updated :)!

You look great by the way!

MemberMember
(@d00little)

Posted : 11/28/2015 12:50 pm

Wow it looks good. Please keep us updated with your progress. BTW, you are very attractive.

MemberMember
(@mcpoopy-scoopies)

Posted : 11/29/2015 1:43 pm

Thats great. Thanks for the post with very good pictures. The scars really flattened out and are much less noticeable, even under the harsh lighting. It also looks like you got the hyper pigmentation pink color to dissipate on the scars.  It's hard to see the scars on the right side at all, and you can barely tell there were any there to begin with.  Hopefully the microswelling has mostly taken its course and your results stay as awesome as they are now and perhaps even improve more.  You got great results and have shown many, including myself, that improvement is attainable with a good doctor and good post procedural care. All the best. :)   

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 11/29/2015 2:56 pm

your scars improved ALOT congratulations

a laser resurface now would be awesome for the hyperpigmentation and even the skin tone

keep updating

MemberMember
(@templeofdoom)

Posted : 11/29/2015 5:58 pm

Awesome stuff!! Big difference!

Looking forward to your future updates.

I'm definitely getting on this subcision business in 2016.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 11/29/2015 10:09 pm

noice

MemberMember
(@kazalea)

Posted : 12/02/2015 12:00 am

I have another subcision on Dec. 18, so I'll update to show you right before to show you the final results of the 1st procedure and again after my 2nd. I'm happy with my results now. I can still see all my scars, but they look much softer and less glaringly obvious in the harsh bathroom lighting. I won't be getting any laser treatments just because my skin is ethnic and can easily hyper pigment. In my before pictures, my scars aren't actually hyper pigmented. They look red because the lighting makes the shadowed areas look red. I got hyper pigmentation at each needle insertion after my subcision, but it's almost gone now. I will follow up with at home micro needling, and I currently use Tazorac 0.5 for collagen promotion. Thanks for all of the kind words, guys 

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 12/02/2015 9:26 am

I agree about resurfacing not being needed in your case. If you had texture issues or excision scars that needed to be blended, then resurfacing would make sense. But since your scars were rolling with a smooth surface, resurfacing is not necessary. They simply needed to be lifted. Looks promising.

MemberMember
(@51withskin)

Posted : 12/02/2015 9:34 pm

That's wonderful. You're so beautiful.

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 12/07/2015 9:41 am

BTW u look beautiful even with the scars so ,,,, u need not worry ,, keep trying the treatments if it works then fine else u look  pretty  with them also :)

MemberMember
(@kazalea)

Posted : 12/14/2015 6:31 pm

The first picture is 8 days after my subcision. I was able to put on makeup to cover the needle marks enough to go out and feel relatively normal. The second picture is 3 weeks post subcision. At week 2 I felt like I saw no improvement and I was freaking out, then all of the sudden in week 3 I felt like it was starting to show. My scars are less deep, so it seems. My worst scar filled in the middle but the edges are still sunken. They just look softer in the worst lighting. I'm looking forward to my second subcision this week, and I'll update again after that procedure. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 12/14/2015 10:21 pm

Looking good so far. Did you suction? I think moderate suctioning would give it that extra boost to prevent the tethers from reattaching. I think the key is to not overdo it and potentially leaving a lump.

MemberMember
(@kazalea)

Posted : 12/15/2015 9:01 am

Yes, I did suction - 2x a day for 2 weeks starting on day 3. I definitely didn't expect the scars to be gone after one subcision. My doctor made it clear that multiple treatments would give better results than one alone. A few of the scars are nearly gone, but my left cheek has some really deep, large scars so I knew those would be my biggest hurdle.

MemberMember
(@ambrose144)

Posted : 12/15/2015 1:10 pm

I'm curious, would you classify all your subscised scars as rolling scars? Did you have any other type of scar i.e. boxcar/ice pick that went under the needle? And if so, what were the improvements on those scars vs the rolling ones.

Nevertheless, you look great, the scars definitely look significantly improved. I'm always genuinely happy to see these types of results.

MemberMember
(@kazalea)

Posted : 12/15/2015 8:13 pm

Taking pictures helps me see improvement bc sometimes I look in the mirror and they still look so bad to me, but I compare pictures and can be reminded there's improvement. I think I only have rolling scars. My dr looked very closely at my face and I asked him if I had ice pick scarring (an old dermatologist told me that's what I had). My new dermatologist who's much more experienced with acne scars said they are all rolling, some are just bigger/smaller/or differently shaped. Every scar responded differently. Some I see almost no improvement, and some are almost gone.

MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 12/16/2015 6:19 am

Looking good. Who is your Dermatologist that is doing your Subcision treatments? I take it your having them done in the Bay area where your from?

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 12/16/2015 4:23 pm

It's nice to hear about people havingsuccess every now and then. You are looking great, and I hope the results are stable and continue to improve as you get more procedures. Sounds like your doctor is knowledgeable and honest.

Great documentation. It's good to see pictures in exactly the same conditions.

MemberMember
(@kazalea)

Posted : 12/18/2015 1:54 am

My dr is Greg Morganroth. CEO&Founder of California Skin Institute so he charges a lotttttt ($1,500 per subcision) but he's the best man for the job in this area. I'm an elementary teacher so it's not like I have that kind of money to throw around, but my scars make me so insecure and since it's my face, I'm willing to pay to feel that I can trust my doctor.

MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 12/18/2015 5:40 am

How many subcisions are you planning on getting? And what does your Doctor think of you suctioning the Scarring 3 days after subcision? Is he aware of other past patients of his doing this procedure on their own? And Isn't it too close in between subcision treatment not giving you enough time to recover (build Collagen in between subcision treatment) from the first one? Or was advice to subcised close

together to get best effective results rather than waiting a few Months in between? Also Thanks for sharing your info. with us & hope you get even better results from your first treatment.

MemberMember
(@kazalea)

Posted : 12/18/2015 2:28 pm

He told me 2-3 subcisions would really help. He said he doesn't typically do more than three because it's not necessary.I plan on only getting two (for now). I didn't ask him about suctioning. I haven't seen adverse effects from it, so I figured if I felt like my skin was ready, I would do it. When I had my original consultation, he said to get my second subcision 4-6 weeks after my first. I didn't ask why, he just said that was the best time frame. I know some doctors want patients to wait longer, but 4 weeks was perfect for me because I could get them done over Thanksgiving break and winter break, so if he says it's okay to get it done again after a month, I trust him.

MemberMember
(@kazalea)

Posted : 12/21/2015 2:07 am

For those curious as to what you will look like after subcision, this has been my experience both times. (I'm on day 2 today.) I dont bruise at all, but I get a scab at EVERY needle insertion point, and each one hyperpigments to a different degree. It took 3.5 weeks for it to COMPLETELY fade the first time, but I could cover it with makeup (didn't look perfect, but wasn't super noticeable). Some people say you can wear makeup after a day. I can't imagine putting on makeup. My face is lumpy, scabby, and is too sore to apply makeup. It's nice I have a week before I have to attempt to look presentable and leave my house because it takes about that long for me for the redness to fade to pink and be manageable. 

Note: I am half white, a quarter Asian, and a quarter Hispanic. My skin tends to be more ethnic and it tans and hyperpigments very easily so this outcome is pretty expected for my skin type. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@ambergris)

Posted : 12/21/2015 3:58 am

wow, your swelling is very minimal. I always end up looking like a chipmunk after my subcision, but its probably because I have scars all over my cheeks.

Did you bruise at all when you did suctioning?

il90 liked
MemberMember
(@kazalea)

Posted : 12/21/2015 8:39 pm

I was pretty swollen in the morning but I iced it and it went down. I don't bruise even after I suction. I'm not sure why bc the doctor said I was bleeding more thanmost patients do during and right after the subcision, but I guess hyperpigmentation is what I deal with instead.

MemberMember
(@appleysauce)

Posted : 12/22/2015 7:41 am

11 hours ago, Kazalea said:

I was pretty swollen in the morning but I iced it and it went down. I don't bruise even after I suction. I'm not sure why bc the doctor said I was bleeding more thanmost patients do during and right after the subcision, but I guess hyperpigmentation is what I deal with instead.

Wow those results are whack!!!

Sorry if you have mentioned already in the thread, but how did you get clear before you started treating the scars? 🙂