Notifications
Clear all

finally acne scar treatment started

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 11/27/2015 7:01 am

FIRST DAY OF TREATMENT  - - SUBCISION

so i finally started my acne scar treatment .. today i had subcision ..it was really painful . . not all my scars look raised or swollen as the lightning was good so may be my doctor was not able to see all the scars .... there was popping sound and lot of blood and pain ...... after two weeks  i will have my first microdermabrasion and then two weeks after that first RF microneedling + subcision (as doc said if required as maybe she also saw some scars she left ) ,, but its not her fault as all my scars  are not seperate they are linked and many scar within scar .. let us see how much (if any) improvement i will have ... but what was weird that after 45 minutes of anesthetic cream it took like 3-5 minutes max maybe as i am still thinking it just took 2 -3 minutes for her to perform the procedure and after that she wiped the blood put sunscreen and i left ... well if the outcome is good then i dont have any issues ... but can anyone tell is it the same how subcision is done .. and why do they charge so much they just use one needle thats it ..

**will post the pics if there is any improvement after having atleast one mdb and one rf treatment ... as there is no use of posting and commenting like there is 5% or 20% improvement ... as all matters is if i am satisfied with the improvement or not any %age what doctor or people say doesnt matter as it is like impossible to say how much % improvement one has .. every time i visit any doc they say expect 50-60% improvement after all the lasers and needling and subcision combined .. and even for the not very deep scars .. so ... again if i think there is an improvement i'll let u know 

thanks

and feel free to ask and answer some of the question i asked ... will be very helpful as we can only help each other ... as other scarless people are busy partying getting drunk and laid and saying to us dont worry u look fine and i will end up asking then y did my girl now wants to remain just friends :(

**  and i am still on 4th month of my low dose isotretionin .. the problem is i started my isotret after all my cryst already formed into scars ... so my bad i could have prevented these scarring if i was a little careful .. but who knows as ai never knew i would scar as earlier also i had pimple and the main issue is i get like one or two pimples or crysts at a time ... thats y i never went to derm ... well its late than never

MemberMember
(@purplestove)

Posted : 11/27/2015 1:45 pm

That's great that you're taking all these steps to treat everything. May I ask, aren't you supposed to be off isotretionin before performing micoderm or other scar treatments? I'm not trying to be rude, so please don't take that the wrong way. I've just read that it can inhibit proper healing.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 11/27/2015 1:56 pm

50-60% sounds reasonable after 2-3 subcisions. Hopefully, the microdermabrasions and the needling will give ensure that you do indeed reach 60% improvement, eventually. And most importantly satisfaction within yourself.

If I were you I'd strongly consider incorporating the suction method. There's an onslaught of clinicals papers and people that have had good thing to say about it (including myself)

And good for you. I'm glad you have taken a huge leap in addressing your acne scars.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@d00little)

Posted : 11/27/2015 2:16 pm

Best of luck and please keep us updated.

Was your doc not concerned about being on accutanewhile receiving the treatments?

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 11/27/2015 4:26 pm

Good luck. Keep us updated! :)

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 11/27/2015 8:04 pm

6 hours ago, Purplestove said:

That's great that you're taking all these steps to treat everything. May I ask, aren't you supposed to be off isotretionin before performing micoderm or other scar treatments?  I'm not trying to be rude, so please don't take that the wrong way. I've just read that it can inhibit proper healing. 

yes you are supposed to be off isotret for like a minimum of 3 months .. but that paper was published in like 1980's and also that was for 1mg/kg/day dose with fully ablative laser ... my doc says new studies show the earlier the treatment the better the result .. and now many doctors even start low dose isotert with scar treatment .. even if patient is of isotret for like 6 months or so .. well there is risk in every procedure .. and also my scars are old ..as i already told i went to derm after i was all scarred and i am isotret just to prevent further breakout ... eary scar treatment is like when the scars are taking shape we make them to shape our way .and the reason for these treatment is this www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3996784/

in this subcision is subcision ,,, peels are replaced by microdermabrasion .. and simple microneedling is replaced by rf microneedling ..

and this is my plan not my doctors .. so if something goes wrong :( ... hope nothing goes wrong .. if my skin doesnt get better all i wish i should not get worst ..

6 hours ago, Robertitoo said:

50-60% sounds reasonable after 2-3 subcisions. Hopefully, the microdermabrasions and the needling will give ensure that you do indeed reach 60% improvement, eventually. And most importantly satisfaction within yourself. 

If I were you I'd strongly consider incorporating the suction method. There's an onslaught of clinicals papers and people that have had good thing to say about it (including myself)

And good for you. I'm glad you have taken a huge leap in addressing your acne scars. 

Good luck!

thanks robertitoo ,

50-60 % not after subcision but after all the procedures combined .. and my scars are not very deep they are flat and broad and tethered and they are one within other and they are so close to each other ie. they are not separated .. so i dont know if suctioning will help or not ,, but next time i will ask my doctor bout this.. 

and thanks for ur time .

5 hours ago, d00little said:

Best of luck and please keep us updated.

Was your doc not concerned about being on accutane while receiving the treatments? 

my doc only said that i can carry on with the treatment u can read the reply i gave to   Purplestove ... 

thanks 

and guys i will keep u updated if something good happens .. picture i will post at last .. as there is no use of u people seeing my swelled bruised red cheeks :P ...

MemberMember
(@purplestove)

Posted : 11/27/2015 8:55 pm

That's awesome! I'm that case, way to take care of everything at once. Wish you the best of luck and hope it works out!

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 11/27/2015 10:25 pm

5 hours ago, il90 said:

Good luck. Keep us updated! :)

hey i saw ur post whats ur status now ??

MemberMember
(@51withskin)

Posted : 12/03/2015 8:12 am

How are you doing after your subsicion?

MemberMember
(@unhappy29)

Posted : 12/03/2015 12:54 pm

On 27.11.2015. 1919, Robertitoo said:

Hi Robertito 

Do you think I can help my scars with dermaroller?

Thank you in advance

scars.jpg

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 12/05/2015 6:16 am

On 12/3/2015, 647, 51WithSkin said:

How are you doing after your subsicion?

hey 51* , 

its been a week since i did subcision and all my scars are back to where i started .. for 2-3 days they look like they were lift up  and tight but after the brushing went away they look pretty much same .. so i would say no improvement ...maybe becoz my scars are very close and tethered and not seperate so but next week i am having microdermabrasion.. and 2 weeks after that rf needling .. for subcision ur scars have to be the right type or maybe its doctors hand which does the magic .. but for me it didnt worked this time i might have one again in future .. so 🙂

1 minute ago, foreveralone said:

shing went away they look pretty much same .. so i would say no improvement ...maybe becoz my scars are very close and tethered and not seperate so but next week i am having microdermabrasion.. and 2 weeks after that rf needling .. for subcision ur scars have to be the right type or maybe its doctors hand which does the magic .. but for me it didnt worked this time i might have one again in fut

On 12/3/2015, 1157, unhappy29 said:

Do you think I can help my scars with dermaroller?

Thank you in advance

scars.jpg

hi i am not robertito ,, but i would like to reply .. 

ur scars are not very "scar" , everyone has  this kinda scars  ... so i dont think u should worry about those .. but if u wanna try u can try dermaroller there is no harm its kinda safe if done correctly .. but if u ask me leave those as they are they dont look bad at all if u take close up pic of one pimple also it looks bad but if u take pic of ur whole face and in normal lightning and then if u can see ur scars making ur face look distorted or dented or bad then u may think bout it but in ur case its better to leave them as they are .. .. and enjoy ur life .. 

** u can try dermaroller .. no harm but try to do with someone xperienced

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 12/11/2015 3:34 am

SECOND TREATMENT - MICRODERMABRASION

2 weeks after subcision this is my first microdermabrasion treatment and i have no idea what it was ,

after the treatment my skin was not even red it was like it was before .. and i dont think this treatment is for acne scars as it did nothing its more like a beauty treatment .. u are going in a party u wanna look more shiny ..have MDB ... so still where i started ,,, on 24th dec i have my major treatment .. subcision + rf microneedling .. let us c what happens ..

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 12/24/2015 7:35 am

THIRD TREATMENT - SUBCISION  + RF MICRONEEDLING (SECRET)

today 3rd treatment .. 2 weeks after mdb .... BTW mdb did something dont know what not for scars but there was some difference in the skin .. so today had subcision for 2-3 scars which were  left last time .. and after that .. rf needle 4 passes  2.5, 2.2, 1.8 and 1.5 mm i asked my doc to start with 3.5 or atleast 3.0 but she said they are very deep she showed and 2.5 was also pretty deep .. but the procedure was so painful (for me atleast) the 2.5 was the most ..i was thinking what would have hapened if she used 3 or 3.5  ..  but many docs on realself suggested me to have 3.5 for my scars but let us see ,, my eyes were wet whole time .. after the procedure she put some vitamin A and C serums .. and my skin was so freaking red and swollen and i looked really weird like i have some allergy .. and  i have  to travel in bus like that for an jhour to reach my home .. i thought  it will be like this for many days but few hours later its normal only swelling is there but skin looks good but its swelling for sure .. let us see for a week what  happens .. hope the swelling lasts forever :P .. merry christmas ..

Ommmmmm liked
MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 12/24/2015 8:39 am

Goodluck to you bro keep us updated and have a good christmas

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 12/24/2015 9:03 am

25 minutes ago, GuevaraBeats said:

Goodluck to you bro keep us updated and have a good christmas

thanks bro .. will keep updated ...

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 12/28/2015 8:52 pm

!! UPDATE !!

fifth days since my last treatment .. my scars are back to where it started before :( and for now no improvement also may be its just me some of my scars look bad then earlier .. first two days i was kinda happy as my biggest scar looked good and now the microswelling is gone so it is back to where it started i always wondered people keep saying microswelling but now i understand now m kinda afraid if i am doing treatments with the right doc but its really hard to find a right derm who has xperience with scar treatment ... but doc was saying 3-4 weeks after scar treatment only collagen starts building .. but as my scars are depressed back again so i m not sure what is actually happening ... le me wait for a month then only i can tell what is actual happening ....

MemberMember
(@lalena)

Posted : 12/31/2015 4:02 am

I'm so sorry for that! Don't give up and continue fighting. I have done a lot for my scars and the improvement is only 10-15%. Now I'm trying new treatment in Korea, will see what it will bring to me. I have big hopes for this doctor and his method. Wish you good luck!

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 01/09/2016 3:18 am

On 12/31/2015, 219, Lalena said:

I'm so sorry for that! Don't give up and continue fighting. I have done a lot for my scars and the improvement is only 10-15%. Now I'm trying new treatment in Korea, will see what it will bring to me. I have big hopes for this doctor and his method. Wish you good luck! 

🙂 thanks

THIRD TREATMENT - MICRODERMABRASION
Today had my 2nd MDB treatment its a part of the treatments m having so i have to do it .. i dont think it does anything for the scars just some texture improvement ... :)  ... have my 1st fractional co2 on 29 jan .. will keep u updated and again sorry for no pics as i said unless i have improvement that i can find satisfying i dont wanna post any pics ..