Notifications
Clear all

Are they closed comedones?

MemberMember
(@rubytran)

Posted : 11/27/2015 2:28 am

Hello guys. Please help me. Im at the worst of my life now. 2 more weeks to my wedding and all these out of nowhere on my face. And im gonna be the ugliest bride ever!

A bit abt my history: 

- Im 22 years old now. Last time I had only here and there pimples and a few tiny pimples on my forehead when it was near my cycle. 

- 2 years ago I was frustrated with those tiny on my forehead  and I went to a private derm in Vietnam. She presribed me oral antibiotics and a gel containing tretionin and erythomycin. It made my face break out in pimples on my cheek but not a lot. My second appointment, she prescribed me accutane 20mg x 2 per day. My face was very smooth after eating accutane for 2 months. Then she quit me off it, 2 weeks later, my face broke out those tiny pimples almost whole my face which I never has before. Then I stop making appointment with her.

- since then, my face has been covered with those tiny bumps all over my face. But I sought that derm one more time and that derm put me on the gel containing tretionin and eryth, oral antibiotics and spironolactone for 1 year (medicine for 4 months and keep applying the gel afterwards), my face was quite smooth until 2 months ago, i have been prepared for my wedding and all of sudden it broke out whole my face again. I officially bye bye her alr.

- i came to singapore and the derm diagnosed they are comedones, whiteheads, blackheads and presribed me differin for night and dalacinT topical solution. I dont use Dalacin T solution becoz he told me to use spot treatment to big pimples which I dont have. He said my comedones dont need oral antibiotic and my skin isnt prone to cystic acne.

- The thing I dont know is why it spreads very fast to my forehead, chin, temples, cheeks, even my back where I never have acne before, everywhere got space surely have comedones like just overnight. And last time my skin had been quite ok until I sought my derm in Vietnam. i think the accutane change my body inside.

By the way, Im Vietnamese and gonna relocate to Singapore. 

Im very sad now whenever I look at mirror. Everybody please gives me some advice and Im appreciative for it.

IMG_20151127_133755.jpg

IMG_20151127_133808.jpg

MemberMember
(@rubytran)

Posted : 12/01/2015 3:02 am

Im using differin 0.1 gel for 21 days so far without significantimprovement. Most of my comedones have come to the surface but refused to drop.

Im stressed that makeup cant cover them and even make them look more visible.

Anybody can give me some advice?

Tks

MemberMember
(@dnewhulk)

Posted : 12/01/2015 3:21 am

You must have a very sensitive skin. I don't know if this is exactly the same as my cousin but her face look like yours. She used betadine facial cleanser. I guess the best thing that you should do when you will try to treat this is try to apply it on certain parts your skin only as a test spot before applying it to the entire face.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 12/01/2015 1:09 pm

You were on accutane for an incredibly short amount of time -- I seriously recommend a second course at the proper dosage.

speak to another derm and explain everything, all the stuff you've been on, and then explain that you were on accutane for only two months.

dnewhulk liked
MemberMember
(@rubytran)

Posted : 12/01/2015 9:17 pm

I plan to have baby soon so I dont want accutane anymore. And I think accutane is designed for those with loads of cystic acne which I dont have.

Now whenever I wash my face. Its like washing a moon surface.

Im gonna get a green smoothie regimen. Hope it help.

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/01/2015 9:51 pm

it might be your hormones? idk ....I also have the same problem, I keep on getting closed comedones even if I cleanse and exfoliate my skin properly :(

MemberMember
(@rubytran)

Posted : 12/01/2015 10:02 pm

I just cant believe from a smooth skin becoming a severe acne so easily.

I have had acne since I keep switching between singapore and vietnam. Dont know if its due to the weatherchanges.

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/02/2015 12:20 am

Do you wear makeup? 

-It might also be the food even if both country kinda eat the same thing or they dont? O_O
-Probably the products you used weren't the right products ...causing more acne
-What is your skincare routine?

That's really weird to get acne on your back overnight tho O_O 

MemberMember
(@rubytran)

Posted : 12/02/2015 3:06 am

I never wear makeup but my wedding im sure wearing it.

I notice whenever Im back from singapore, my face will grow 1 small comedo and it spreads fast over time.

I was using the sanshield lotionwhich I was introduced by a beauty assistant at guardianfor my few comedones on forehead and cheeks. It made me oily. And I realized its for hand lotion. Maybe im sensitive to it?

Anyway my current routin is:

Am: -washing face with triclosan 1% (prescription)

- washing again with another mild cleanser coz my faces very oily.

PM: - washing face with mild cleanser and applying differin.

I dont use moisturizer since I live in a humid country hot climate and my skin is oily.

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/02/2015 8:15 pm

Even if you wash your face with triclosan and a cleanser , your face doesn't feel dry? O_O 

Also if you were using hand lotion on your face that could also make you breakout. Hand lotions have different ingredients and they usually clog your pores 

I've seen serums/essense that help to control sebum secretion but I've never tried them so I can't tell if they work or not

MemberMember
(@rubytran)

Posted : 12/02/2015 8:40 pm

Although I wash with troclosan, its still very oil or even sticky after washing for 2 hours. And my face is quite red.

Now im using differin to see if any difference. i will keep it updated if differin is effective for my severe comedones.

dnewhulk liked
MemberMember
(@rubytran)

Posted : 12/05/2015 2:49 am

Here are 2 photos of mine after 4 weeks on differin

IMG_20151205_145312.jpg

IMG_20151205_145259.jpg

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/05/2015 4:36 am

is it worse , the same or betterafter using it for 4 months?

MemberMember
(@rubytran)

Posted : 12/06/2015 9:36 am

I think it just gets worse. Im so lost.

This is photo i took after washing my face. It turns very red and scary, comedones over my entire face.

Now I love crying looking at my photos.

I think this is not normal acne. Anybody can help me please?

IMG_20151206_211846.jpg

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/06/2015 3:06 pm

yea , that's weird....Some people with severe acne go on differin and after a few months their face gets clear but in your case it's not as bad and it's still the same after 4 months ... have you tried to stop using differin for a few weeks to see what happens? .....or you probably need more time since differin takes out all of the bad stuff that's under the skin

MemberMember
(@bee4acne)

Posted : 12/06/2015 3:22 pm

I would get tested for allergies, that looks more like a rash than simple acne.

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/06/2015 3:34 pm

11 minutes ago, bee4acne said:

I would get tested for allergies, that looks more like a rash than simple acne.

It could be the products she's using too

MemberMember
(@rubytran)

Posted : 12/06/2015 9:40 pm

I've been using differin for 4 weeks only. Maybe I should go for an allergy test.

Feeling so hopeless.

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/06/2015 9:49 pm

Ohh 4 weeks . Sorry , I thought it was 4 months .... It might be initial breakouts .....but yea you should also check if you have any allergies

MemberMember
(@alyssa-w)

Posted : 12/06/2015 10:34 pm

I know you said you were using a mild cleanser.It should be withina pH range of4.5-6.5, some even say no more than 5.5. Normally you can do an internet search for the pH level of your cleanser to find out what it is or try contactingthe company. Anything much higher than that can destroythe acid mantle of your skin, especially ifused frequently, and that's not really a good thing since the acid mantle protects against bacteria and such.

Another thing, have you changed your diet before this started? You may be ingesting something that your body reeeeeally isn't agreeing with or you may have developed some sort intolerance to something you normally eat. It may be worth eliminating certain things from your diet and seeing how it affects your acne. Or the alternative could be to start at the bottom and eat a strictly clean diet and slowly add foods back in.

MemberMember
(@rubytran)

Posted : 12/06/2015 10:46 pm

Tks for yout advice. 4 more days to my wedding. I have a plan to eat a strictdiet for my face like veggies, fruit, fish, brown rice and grilled or boiled meat.

Since Im Vietnamese so following that diet sounds quite easy to me.

Anybody has a diet same as mine can suggest what to have for breakfast lunch and dinner?

I just dont know if its enough for me since I eat kinda a lot.

By the way, my cleanser' ph is 6.5.

dnewhulk liked
MemberMember
(@alyssa-w)

Posted : 12/07/2015 12:00 am

I can't really recommend anything in particular for you to eat or avoid since I know very little about food from your side of the pond (i'm out of the united states). I can tell you what I changed about the way I eat though.I completely cut out grains, sugar/artificialsweeteners, dairy, certain cooking oils, most pre-packaged/processed foods of any kind, deep fried foods,and fruits and most things containing theseand I haven't seen any new acne on my face in a week, which is a new personal best for me considering I haven't even been using my acne meds recently. I do plan on adding most ofthese things one at a time slowlyback into my diet in the coming months.

Typically my breakfasts look like eggs, fish, or pork, and/or some veggies. My lunches usually consist of leftovers ofwhatever I had for dinner the night before or maybe some sort of salad/mixed vegetables, and my dinner is usually some sort of meat and two different types of fresh/frozen veggies (i avoid canned).You should be fine using whatever spices/herbs you normally use. I can eat as much as I want during meals, for the time being it's aboutavoiding a lot of things until my body adjusts from my crummy american diet. I drink plenty of waterand sometimes red wine with dinner. I prepare and cook all of my own meals.

basically, if you go that route and assuming there's a possibility of anintolerance/allergy to something you're eating,and not something else, it'sjust simple and cleaneating for a month or soto flush out the gunk and then adding any foods you want back in slowly and one by one to catch what doesn't belong before it takes out your skin again. Just make sure to eat a variety of meats and a variety of vegetables so that you're getting the nutrients you need. You'll probably be ok with some fruitsin there every once in awhile,too, if you really wanted them.

MemberMember
(@rubytran)

Posted : 02/08/2016 9:25 pm

Hi everyone, I think my face is getting better slowly with 3 months mark on Differin 0.1 although its not a fast process, I still have hopes.

I have an appointment with my derm tmr to ask him for tretionin to speed up the process.
IMG_20160209_101724.thumb.jpg.b12e427bba

This if my photo after just washing my face. Its red. And I just have an acne flare-up near my mouth jawline area.
Eveybody says its like Im wearing spectacle, isn't it?
MemberMember
(@iwikiwi)

Posted : 02/10/2016 10:53 am

Hi there, very happy to hear that you've seen an improvement!
I have very similar type of acne to yours and I've found that if at any point my face was red and irritated or dry more blackheads and little spots will appear. This is because irritation causes inflammation within the pore which in turn causes the oil your skin secretes to oxidise and harden, or so I've read. I find if treat my skin gently I break out less.
Trust your doctor and use your medication but do not overuse it. If it turns your skin red give it a break for a day or two. And do not wish your face with two cleansers it will really do more harm than good.
Whhe you wash your face how does it feel 5 minutes after washing? Does it feel comfortable or tight?

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 02/11/2016 5:40 pm

washed your face with a cleanser? maybe its too irritating...