Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok i been reading through some of these threads and there seems to be a recurring theme. acne affecting cofidence when getting a bf or gf. do most people feel this way?? i was gonna do a poll but it seemed to complicated eusa_eh.gif

yes cuz if i didnt have acne then i know i would be super hotzor like before and like i wud ask out four bitches and bang them and make a video and put it on kazaa

everyone else,

one word: Masturbation lol.gif

though i was posting a serious question so any serious comments are welcome eusa_naughty.gif

luv eusa_angel.gif

A serious response: I think it's hard for me to say. Certainly when my acne was/is bad I would never ever dream of approaching anyone, but even when my acne clears up (it goes away every now and then) I still don't feel confident enough to make a move on anyone. To be fair, no-one ever makes a move on me either so it's not all my fault. But when I don't have acne, I don't know if it's because I HAD acne that I'm shy, or whether I would be shy anyway. There are plenty of unconfident people without acne. I do know this, everytime I've overcome my shyness I've been rejected and no-one has ever made any effort with me. Now I ask you, how in the Sam Hill am I supposed to have any confidence?

Sure that looks may affect how people look at you, but I think if you spend a long enough time with them, they'll appreciate you from inside, as if they look right into you, and that's such an uplifting feeling.

A serious response:  I think it's hard for me to say.  Certainly when my acne was/is bad I would never ever dream of approaching anyone, but even when my acne clears up (it goes away every now and then) I still don't feel confident enough to make a move on anyone.  To be fair, no-one ever makes a move on me either so it's not all my fault.  But when I don't have acne, I don't know if it's because I HAD acne that I'm shy, or whether I would be shy anyway.  There are plenty of unconfident people without acne.  I do know this, everytime I've overcome my shyness I've been rejected and no-one has ever made any effort with me.  Now I ask you, how in the Sam Hill am I supposed to have any confidence?

I would say acne effects my confidence fullstop. Not just when getting a girlfriend. It takes a truckload of courage to ask a girl out when you have clear skin so, it definitely doesn't make it any easier.

Acne effects confidence because you *think* it will make you less attractive and therefore rejection much more likely. Does it actually make you less attractive? I have my suspicions that it does.

I AM THE SEXY MAN, I AM THE MOST SEXY MOTHERFUCKING PERSON ALLLLLLIVE........................YOU CAN TAKKKKE MY SOUL AWAY FROM ME

When I had acne (very bad acne), i would never dream of asking a boy out. My confidence was so low it was almost impossible for me to make friends. My friends would only consist of girls, and if a boy came up to talk to me, I would always think that he would be looking and my acne. Thus i always avoided eye contact and look at the ground.

When my face cleared up, i'm still shy but not as low confidence as i was before. And yes its still hard for me to get a boyfriend (never had one before) because I'm so shy. redface.gif

When I had acne (very bad acne), i would never dream of asking a boy out. My confidence was so low it was almost impossible for me to make friends. My friends would only consist of girls, and if a boy came up to talk to me, I would always think that he would be looking and my acne. Thus i always avoided eye contact and look at the ground.

When my face cleared up, i'm still shy but not as low confidence as i was before. And yes its still hard for me to get a boyfriend (never had one before) because I'm so shy. redface.gif

Ok, confidence is definitely affected. But what if you have a decent body, with muscles? I work out, but my face is still pretty bad, even though im in the second month of taking accutane. Some girls have made comments about me having a "nice body", but its the acne they mostly see. sad.gif

i want MORE than sex appeal in my life! i am sick of sex obsessed men... i like being alone. std's and aids/hiv are real issues... nothing wrong with looking good but i don't really need or want to be "sexy".