Notifications
Clear all

I feel down and depressed because of my acne

MemberMember
(@aeonhack)

Posted : 11/26/2015 2:28 am

Hi, I just found this forum and want to get some advice from people who share the same situation like me. My acne started about 2 years ago, the acne almost cover my entire cheeks in just 3 months after the first acne came up. Many of my friends who haven't see me for few months are shocked about what happened to my face because of noticeable scars. I was so depressed with my situation and I lose all the confidence that I have, I also notice that I become uncomfortable in public places because there are some people who are staring at my face. Right now I don't know what to do so I started to find ways to get rid of acne. I just want to have my old acne-free face and have my confidence back. 

I heard that amoxicillin is good for reducing acne, but I'm really not sure on how much I need to take daily. Will it be okay if I take 2x of 500mg amoxicillin per day? Please help I need advice. :(

1.png2.pngIMG_2030.JPG

MemberMember
(@wizard17)

Posted : 11/28/2015 6:14 am

My best advice would be,try visiting a dermatologist(if you haven't)it helps a lot rather than using over-the-counter acne medications. They probablyhave a solution out there. Just try it out and good luck with your journey! Hope everything goes well for you.

MemberMember
(@onyxbeauty1988)

Posted : 11/30/2015 7:32 am

I second visiting a dermatologist. They'll be able to tell you the right medication for your skin. I was on antibiotics before accutane and they did help somewhat but they didn't get rid of my acne. I can say everything that I tried from the dermatologist was way better for my acne than over the counter products because of how severe my acne was. Good luck! 🙂

MemberMember
(@arikristen)

Posted : 11/30/2015 4:15 pm

Just wondering, what age did it start at?

aeonhack liked
MemberMember
(@aeonhack)

Posted : 11/30/2015 8:19 pm

On 11/28/2015, 709, wizard17 said:

My best advice would be,try visiting a dermatologist(if you haven't)it helps a lot rather than using over-the-counter acne medications. They probablyhave a solution out there. Just try it out and good luck with your journey! Hope everything goes well for you.

thank you so much for the suggestions, but I'm attending college right now I think it will be uncomfortable if my skin is peeling off and I'm attending class 🙁

4 hours ago, arikristen said:

Just wondering, what age did it start at?

I'm pretty sure I was about to turn 16 that time. I'm now 18 years old.

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/30/2015 8:21 pm

Accutane will do the job.

aeonhack liked
MemberMember
(@dnewhulk)

Posted : 12/01/2015 3:25 am

If you have not done any treatment yet. I would suggest to keep your face clean and keep away from using hair gel that might affect your skin as well. Wash your face as often as possible and please do not prick pimples.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 12/01/2015 1:03 pm

9 hours ago, dnewhulk said:

If you have not done any treatment yet. I would suggest to keep your face clean and keep away from using hair gel that might affect your skin as well. Wash your face as often as possible and please do not prick pimples.

Please don't listen to this. 'keeping your face clean' is not the problem for those suffering from acne, and it's really rather offensive to say that.

as mentioned above two times a day is all you need.

What is your current routine regarding facewashes? Something including salycic acid would most likely help a lot when conbined with some spot treatment such as BP. Your best bet is to see a derm so they can start treatments on a number of abtibiotics/topicals and other routines.

MemberMember
(@keruen98)

Posted : 12/01/2015 1:46 pm

Dude, I understand you so much. I am not a doctor, but I would advice you to take care of your diet first before starting using any antibiotics or accutane. Can you tell me what is your diet in general? Have you had any huge differences in your diet over this two years?

aeonhack liked
MemberMember
(@aeonhack)

Posted : 12/02/2015 1:48 am

12 hours ago, Lore91 said:

Please don't listen to this. 'keeping your face clean' is not the problem for those suffering from acne, and it's really rather offensive to say that.

as mentioned above two times a day is all you need.

What is your current routine regarding facewashes? Something including salycic acid would most likely help a lot when conbined with some spot treatment such as BP. Your best bet is to see a derm so they can start treatments on a number of abtibiotics/topicals and other routines.

I wash my face once every morning before going to school, my face wash is good for skin that is prone to acne and also has salycic acid 🙂

12 hours ago, keruen98 said:

Dude, I understand you so much. I am not a doctor, but I would advice you to take care of your diet first before starting using any antibiotics or accutane. Can you tell me what is your diet in general? Have you had any huge differences in your diet over this two years?

Hi, my diet is not good to be honest because I like potato chips a lot which is oily, I will try to avoid it now. I also drink too much coffee.