Notifications
Clear all

Low dose 10mg accutane results?

MemberMember
(@atome)

Posted : 11/23/2015 11:53 am

Hi everyone,

I've had acne for quite some time now,nearly 4 years ever since I was 16 years old.I've tried many thing in those 4 years to try and cure my acne and nothing worked.So many facewashes,spot treatments,using tanning beds,Tactuo/Epiduo,Biacne,some other cream that I forgot the name of,Doxycyline, and did a laser based treatment called Lumicleanse just this summer.I told myself that if the Lumicleanse wouldn't have worked I was just gonna give in and try Accutane once and for all to be done with acne. So here I'am on day 17 of a 10mg daily dose of Accutane(since my acne really diminished over the years). I experienced from what I believe to be the IB on day 4 of the drug(whiteheads forming and seeing pimples form in places that haven't broken out from in years). I'm taking fish oil pills,cerave moisturizer,and been using chapstick and vaseline before going to bed since day 1 and the old side effect I've had his minor flaky skin on certain days,and somewhat dry lips.

Now my question is this,I'm only on day 17 of the pill and only on 10mg.I did enough research prior to accutane to know that I have an extremely low dose and results should come only a couple months in. But since my day 4 IB I've noticed that my skin is starting to look much better.My back has never been this clear, and face is already looking better after the first few whiteheads appeared. I get the occasional whitehead that appears but by the next day its gone. Has anyone with a similar situation to mine experience this? Is this normal or am I just gonna break out even more a couple weeks from now? I'm happy that im clearing but I'm just shocked that on 10mg day 16 im already seeing some kind of effect.

MemberMember
(@chippy1)

Posted : 11/24/2015 5:00 am

16 hours ago, Atome said:

Hi everyone,

I've had acne for quite some time now,nearly 4 years ever since I was 16 years old.I've tried many thing in those 4 years to try and cure my acne and nothing worked.So many facewashes,spot treatments,using tanning beds,Tactuo/Epiduo,Biacne,some other cream that I forgot the name of,Doxycyline, and did a laser based treatment called Lumicleanse just this summer.I told myself that if the Lumicleanse wouldn't have worked I was just gonna give in and try Accutane once and for all to be done with acne. So here I'am on day 17 of a 10mg daily dose of Accutane(since my acne really diminished over the years). I experienced from what I believe to be the IB on day 4 of the drug(whiteheads forming and seeing pimples form in places that haven't broken out from in years). I'm taking fish oil pills,cerave moisturizer,and been using chapstick and vaseline before going to bed since day 1 and the old side effect I've had his minor flaky skin on certain days,and somewhat dry lips.

Now my question is this,I'm only on day 17 of the pill and only on 10mg.I did enough research prior to accutane to know that I have an extremely low dose and results should come only a couple months in. But since my day 4 IB I've noticed that my skin is starting to look much better.My back has never been this clear, and face is already looking better after the first few whiteheads appeared. I get the occasional whitehead that appears but by the next day its gone. Has anyone with a similar situation to mine experience this? Is this normal or am I just gonna break out even more a couple weeks from now? I'm happy that im clearing but I'm just shocked that on 10mg day 16 im already seeing some kind of effect.

Hi, Great to hear your treatment going well....Important to remember thatnot everyone hasIB and as treatment is different for everyone, results can also be quicker in some than others...There really isnt one rule for all.The side effects on low dose are alot milder, so that change in your skin on day 4 could have been your skin adjusting to the treatment. Sometimes peoplehave an IB during treatment when their dose is upped, as your skin has to re-adjust to the new strength of treatment but if you are staying on the 10mg its likely your skin has made the adjustment when you started treatment...I'm only on 20mg a day which is a low dose as I'm 190lbs (86kg) male and taking accutane to treat VERY oily skin andI started to notice my skin produce less oil after 3-4weeks........I'venow been on accutane treatment for about10 weeks and mostly just wash my face with Dove soap and water and using very little of the creams/gels etc I used in the past. My Derm also said not to use too muchmoisturizer, so using very little of that as well..Just using a good lip balm for milddry lips..I'm not an expert but just wanted to pass on my own personal experience...Best wishes with the rest of your treatment.