Notifications
Clear all

Why does chipotle always break me out?

MemberMember
(@brain85)

Posted : 11/23/2015 8:28 am

For some reason I'll always develop irritation and then pimples a day or two after eating chipotle. Weird thing is that I can eat other fast food, which is considered terrible (taco bell, McDonalds, etc) and not break out. Chipotle is supposed to be pretty good for you and I can't figure out why I break out from it.

The stuff get at chipotle consists of a bowl or salad with a lot of meat (chicken, steak, of pork), guac, lettuce, veggies, salsa. I don't even get high glycemic stuff like rice. Any ideas?

MemberMember
(@andrewb2222)

Posted : 11/23/2015 12:16 pm

Same with me. I think it's just because it brown meat rather than white meat so it will have more fat to clog your pores

MemberMember
(@mygutleaks)

Posted : 12/02/2015 3:52 pm

i don't think it's cuz of the meat. it could be that they use soy or you could have a food intolerance to another ingredient. it could be the cilantro in the rice is pulling mercury from your brain and liver back in to your body and causing inflammation.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 12/05/2015 11:33 pm

If I go to Chipotle for a meal, I usually get the rice bowl with the grilled chicken, and a side of guacamole & sour cream. It doesn't seem to break me out, although it makes me bloated.