Notifications
Clear all

DOES ACCUTANE REALLY WORK??? ugly face worsened

MemberMember
(@valemisty)

Posted : 11/22/2015 12:36 pm

hey guys! i need motivation... DOES ACCUTANE RLY WORK??

an update: today marks my 7th week on accutane. I'm breaking out soooo bad. Based on articles i've read, most shared that week 10 onwards, your acne will miraculously disappear slowly. Looking forward to it!

Accutane is really so bad to me right now, sometimes i wish i didn't start on accutane because my face is soooo bad. My face before accutane was so much better??,... My jaw line has been so itchy lately and i can't resist the urge to scratch, and bammmm i'll wake up with double acne above my jaw:( fml.

Others often complain how accutane screws your bowel movement, to be honest it makes me happy and i'm not bothered because i believe it is detoxing all toxins in my body.  My thigh and cleavage acne have dried up thank god!

Im starting school in 10 weeks, i'm looking forward to better results in this coming 3 weeks. God please send some decency and love. 

Xx 
deli

ps took me HELL LOAD of courage to post this bare face acne picture of my cheeks. Notice how scaring and bleeding occurs?? :( @god save me. ps yeah i'm asian!

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@hedgecore)

Posted : 11/22/2015 1:00 pm

The more you stress the worse the acne is gonna get......so just chill... you've gotten this far ....Please keep control of your hormones ....it's hard I know but learn how to be in a calm state of mind and don't focus on the acne ...but your state of mind ......I know it's hard .....I know how your feeling.....your not alone...

valemisty liked
MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 11/22/2015 2:42 pm

Most people dont clear until their 3rd month, I didn't clear until the beginning of my 5th - give it time. I'm sure you've read reviews. 7 weeks is nothing, and it will work out

MemberMember
(@aoeror)

Posted : 11/22/2015 6:45 pm

Im like 6 weeks on accutane and no improvement aswell. I was breaking out like hell on my 3-4 weeks but now its a bit better

i remember when i was on doxy i didnt get any acne since my first pill. It came back after i stopped and doxy did not work when i jumped on it again

accutane is shit i know it. It wont help but guess what... I just wanna make sure that it wont so thats why im on it. Or atleast im gonna be cleared at the end of cycle for a few months and then it will come back again. Im sure

valemisty liked
MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 11/23/2015 2:25 am

As stated beforjust relaxed. Many MANY have gone through the same situation before you and came out ok. You are very early on to a long treatment. There will be plenty of time for the healing to begin. I had an insane reaction right out of the gate on Accutane. I kept calm and it cleared itself up. You have made it farther then most people can dream of right now, stick with the Accutane and let it do its job.

valemisty liked
MemberMember
(@preston55)

Posted : 11/23/2015 6:46 pm

My dermatologist said specifically to me that it takes sometime 2-3 months for Accutane to "settle" into your system. The longer you stay on it, the better results you will have so stick it out!

valemisty liked
MemberMember
(@haveyoutried)

Posted : 11/24/2015 11:57 am

It worked for me when I was on it. It took a bit of time though but my skin looked perfectly clear and cyst free. Hang in there. Things can turn around!! Best of luck.

valemisty liked
MemberMember
(@grumpynoodle)

Posted : 11/25/2015 7:11 am

Don't wanna make you feel discouraged or anything, but I'm facing the same exact issue :( My cheeks look a lot like yours and I've been on it for 4 months now... now I'm thinking this is a bad idea since my cheeks were clear before going on it.

But I'm glad that it's improved your acne on your thighs and chest! Hope you have a much better outcome than I did at least.

valemisty liked
MemberMember
(@princesshaley)

Posted : 11/25/2015 1:30 pm

I am on Absorica right now which is another form of Accutane and there was a time at the beginning where my face looked worse than when I started. I saw this as my skin cleansingitself. I felt like it was pushing all of the bad to the surface so it could be cleansed. It's not like it is all going to disappear by itself! My skin is clearing up nicelynow and I am on my third month. My skin isn't perfect yet but it is definitely getting there. Patience is a HUGE part of this process, just wait! You are still very early on in the process. Don't give up!! : )

MemberMember
(@pr1nc355)

Posted : 11/26/2015 3:44 pm

Hi, thank you for sharing your feelings and pic! I'm on my second course of Accutane, being honest I didn't get an initial breakout. The accutane for me more for the oily skin, I'm not saying I didn't have spots/acne because I did.

Give it and yourself time, let it work. Speak to your Derm and express how you feel and how your skin has changed.

Ask questions, make a list and start with in your Derm's experience, with skin like yours,how long does accutane take to start reducing new acne appearing and how long it'll take for your skin to start improving.

I know they can't be specific because we all react differently but if you had timescales that might make you feel better.

Good luck! Xx

valemisty liked