Notifications
Clear all

Help! Starting accutane next week, need recommendations

MemberMember
(@katiebeth)

Posted : 11/22/2015 12:28 am

Starting isotretinoinon November 25. I am afraid of what to expect. I have mild-moderate acne that is bipolar as what I would describe it, and my skin is SUPER OILY ugh.I'm happythat I get to finally take isotretinoin. Acne has literally ruined my self esteem. I'm trying to figure out what products (as in face washes, chapsticks, lotions)I should use on my skin while on this drug, I've just seen so many different things people use. I would love if someone could recommend some products they've used, and maybe even say products that don't work well/didn't help. I also would like to hear if anyone whoruns or works out has gotten injured bythis drug, while excercising. Isthere a certain diet I should followwhile taking isotretinoin? If you followed one or cut out certain foods, please tell me. Thanks everyone! I obviously know thatI can search this stuff up on online already, I just would like to get more views/opinions on these things.

MemberMember
(@cam0175)

Posted : 11/22/2015 1:34 pm

Products that are a must have...

1. CereVe foaming mild face wash

2. Lip balm

3. Dove dry skin moisturiser

4. Body lotion

5. Saline Nasal Spray

6. Wash clothes to exfoliate

7. Eye drops lubricant

you will experience joint and back pain and in my 3rd month on this the balls of my feet ached.

Diet-wise you're supposed to take your pills with a highestfat meal of the day. I had to take cholesterol medication into my 3rd month and I'm 5'7 and 145-148pounds. Before accutane I never had any cholesterol or high blood pressure issues.

I've noticed that I've been drinking a lot less as well since alcohol doesn't make me feel good as it used to while on accutane.

Good luck in your journey!

MemberMember
(@alymarie)

Posted : 11/22/2015 4:49 pm

Follow my Blog! I started accutane 8 days ago and post frequently about my experience and what I use. We can go through this together!