Notifications
Clear all

I need help identifying my acne scars! And how to treat them. [Picture included]

MemberMember
(@jj94)

Posted : 11/19/2015 12:45 am

Hi! I have suffered with acne ever since I turned 13, after more than 5 years of battling it I finally got it under control. I still break out, but not like before. I got left with bad scarring on one of my cheeks and I don't know how to approach them! I'm having a hard time identifying what kind of scarring I have. Can anyone help me? I have considered dermarolling- would any of you recommend it for my kind of scarring? Thank you for your time!

Ps: Sorry for the bad quality!

2015-11-18 20.59.11.png

MemberMember
(@rnic2)

Posted : 11/19/2015 2:09 am

It looks like mostly box scarring. Maybe a tad ofice picking. I personally went to the doctor and he gave me a tetranoid cream that makes you sheda few layers and reduces uneven skin and scarring. Besides the light flaking the first week or 2, I really like the results. Helped clear existing acne faster too

MemberMember
(@scarredemon)

Posted : 11/19/2015 3:39 am

Hey JJ94,

Thanks a lot for the photo! I'd say you have predominately boxcar& ice pick scarsandlittle rolling scars. It's good that you've thought about dermarolling, there's certainly room for this treatment. I would also suggest seeing a dermatologist for some TCA cross to lift the icepick scars as well as a few rounds of subcisions to lift any possible fibrous bands that are tethering the scars down. Once you're somewhat satisfied with the results, level things up by going for an aggressive session of laser treatment.

All the best and do update us with your progress!

Regards,

Scarredemon