Notifications
Clear all

Roaccutane

MemberMember
(@patmb91)

Posted : 11/18/2015 7:11 pm

Has anyone been on Accutane a 2nd time and if so did you take a higher dose the 2nd time and did you get better results?

MemberMember
(@chippy1)

Posted : 11/19/2015 6:59 pm

23 hours ago, patmb91 said:

Has anyone been on Accutane a 2nd time and if so did you take a higher dose the 2nd time and did you get better results?

Hi, I'm on a 2nd course of accutane. I took a higher dose over thestandard 6month treatment about 7 years ago and it worked great but my skin started to get VERY oily again about 12monthsafter treatment.....After years of using creams/gels etc I wanted to stop putting so manychemicals on my skin so I started a "low dose" treatment(20mg a day) about 9-10weeks ago. I'm taking accutane to control oily skin and over active glands.

To answer your question, As I tried the higher dose over a shorter time period all those years ago my Derm agreed a low dose over a longerperiod would be better for me this time. So I'm likely to stay on 20mg a day for 8-10months.....After about 5-6 weeks I noticedmy pores starting to shrink and my skin producing less oil. I wantedalow dose treatment to keep any side effects as little as possible and justusing a good lip balm which is doing a good job of sorting out mydry lips!. As my first 2 blood teasts were fine andI've taken accutane before in the past and I'm on a low dose my Derm said I dont need to go back to see her for 3months...

Every treatment is different so you need to find out what is best for you but if you are thinking about accutane again, I would recommend atleast talk to your Derm about a "low dose" option and see what they think. Best wishes

MemberMember
(@patmb91)

Posted : 12/30/2015 11:34 pm

Thanks for that, I will have to see how things go. I have an appointment with my derm in 3 weeks so I'll go from there.