Notifications
Clear all

Is Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser any good?

MemberMember
(@adonas)

Posted : 11/18/2015 3:34 pm

I've looked up the reviews on here for the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and they appear to be very black and white. Some people say it's great and doesn't cause breakouts but some people say it's terrible and actually CAUSES breakouts. All the bad reviews actually make me scared to try it now in case I breakout more.

MemberMember
(@fiercepenguin)

Posted : 11/18/2015 3:56 pm

I personally didn't like it - recently I used it for about a week and I think it did lead to some breakouts.  The consistency also doesn't lather like other cleansers.  I prefer the Cetaphil daily facial cleanser instead, but that's just my experience :) 

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/18/2015 4:48 pm

Hate the Cetaphil you're talking about. I tried it for a week and I got no breakouts whatsoever but I prefer cleansers with foam. 🙂

MemberMember
(@queenbeexox)

Posted : 11/20/2015 3:45 pm

Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser didn't do anything for me. I used it for 5 months and it didn't help with acneIt only led to more break outs.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 11/22/2015 2:38 pm

Cetalhil wont cause breakouts, but it won't stop then either. It is what it says, a gentle cleanser. It will clean your face but it's gentle in the fact it doesnt have anything anti-acne in it such as acids.

people who say they get breakouts is not due to the cleanser, but just that they need something more drying. Cetaphil is perfect when on accutane.

MemberMember
(@prestonmeyers)

Posted : 11/23/2015 10:50 am

Cetaphil is the best thing for me to clean my skin. I use the cleaner and the moisturizer. I swear by them since 2011.

MemberMember
(@tripleh)

Posted : 11/23/2015 9:59 pm

I think Dove Beauty Bar is way better for acne (Sensitive or original White) and I use Hemp Seed Oil as my moisturizer (bought at Whole Foods)

MemberMember
(@mrl27)

Posted : 12/14/2015 6:52 pm

I thought being gentle on my skin would help it, but i was wrong. Cetaphil gave me a lot of white heads and did not unclog my pores. Gentle seems like the way to go but for troubled skin i think something that penetrates and cleans out pores is way better.

MemberMember
(@lizj2011)

Posted : 12/17/2015 9:25 am

Cetaphil takes my face make-up off better than any cleanser I've tried. I personally love it.

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 12/17/2015 9:39 am

I love Cetaphil...Only cleanser that doesn't dry my skin out, so good for winter time.

MemberMember
(@sensabull)

Posted : 12/19/2015 5:55 pm

I prefer CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser for normal to oily skin. Im 47 years old, have used EVERYTHING known to mankind (it seems) on my face, and this Cleanser is the best i've ever used. Cetaphil (and Neutrogena) products are very harsh i find. CeraVe products are all wonderful, i'm so glad i discovered them. The cleanser comes in a pump-top bottle- i use it twice a day.

cerave.jpg

QuanHenry and Exning liked
MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/19/2015 6:05 pm

9 minutes ago, SensaBull said:

I prefer CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser for normal to oily skin. Im 47 years old, have used EVERYTHING known to mankind (it seems) on my face, and this Cleanser is the best i've ever used. Cetaphil (and Neutrogena) products are very harsh i find. CeraVe products are all wonderful, i'm so glad i discovered them. The cleanser comes in a pump-top bottle- i use it twice a day.

cerave.jpg

So confused because this contains parabens right? Isn't that bad for the skin?

MemberMember
(@sensabull)

Posted : 12/19/2015 6:18 pm

I just know it works for me, doesn't dry my skin out. I love this stuff. I suppose there are all types of ingredients in all the different cleansers- you must experiment and find the one best for you. Maybe parabens effect people differently- i'm not familiar with the science behind them. As i said in my other post, i've tried EVERYTHING. I've been using this Cerave product for over a year now and as long as they keep making it, i'll keep using it.

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@montanaskigirl)

Posted : 12/19/2015 9:05 pm

I am a fan of it, but I must follow with witch hazel because I do not think it gets my skin super clean. It helped me out a lot.

MemberMember
(@anthony180)

Posted : 12/22/2015 8:51 am

Cetaphil is great but for some weird reason the regular cetaphil that im using makes me sorda like break out more on the corner of your lips where accutane makes your lips crack. Other than that i think its good, i just dont really wash there around the corner of mouth. Right now to be honest im on 60mg and when i had no acne i would just take hot showers and never get pimples, so i stopped wasshing my face but in the IB i think you def gotta wash your face if your on accutane. Now in month 5 im feeling invincible, and i know if i dont go through post traumticstress again, I wont be seeing acne again after this treatment ever, thank the Lord.

MemberMember
(@tillybean)

Posted : 01/10/2016 9:33 am

I hated Cetaphil but love Cerave. I used to use the foaming cleanser but now I use the hydrating one. I've tried many products as well, and this is one I've really stuck with.

MemberMember
(@strongbadia5000)

Posted : 01/13/2016 10:55 am

I did not like it. I believe my skin does not like fatty alcohols which are in Cetaphil.

MemberMember
(@kotaw)

Posted : 01/15/2016 1:57 am

I just started using it for Accutane. It seems very gentle, but I hate the fact that I can not work it up into a lather.

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 01/15/2016 1:53 pm

I used it on and off Accutane, as well as with the Regimen. Not using it at the moment. I think it gets the job done, but it's hard to tell how much it's actually washing off, since I don't get the cool, "clean" feeling on my skin after I've used it.

MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 01/16/2016 5:48 pm

No facial cleanser is every going to have that much impact on your acne. Believe me, I've used plenty of them over the years.

You should just aim to find one which doesn't irritate or dry your skin.

Personally, I've stuck by Johnson's Clean and Clear Cream Wash. It's got a nice refreshing feel to it and it contains salicyclic acid which helps keep the skin smooth.

I did buy some Cetaphil about 10 years ago when I thought I was going on Roaccutane - I didn't get on the 'tane, but I did use the Cetaphil for a while. It wasn't anything special and, frankly, it's way too expensive for washing with what is practically water.

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 01/17/2016 4:41 pm

i think the stuff is weird. i was using it in the morning since it wouldnt remove my nightly makeup and after a week i realized it was really clogging my pores. the stuff is not good for your skin. heres the cosdna analysis of it http://cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_ee1e196230.html
(bad!!!)
if you really want to try cetaphil i would get the gentle cleansing bar instead.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 01/27/2016 9:46 pm

It works great in my regimen. Its purpose is to gently prep the skin for an acne treatment, not to prevent acne.

Galderma is my acne company of choice.

MemberMember
(@senthilz)

Posted : 10/26/2021 3:21 am

I have faced some skin problems for the last 2 years. It was pathetic. One of my friends suggested cetaphil face wash and I started using it for a few weeks. Really, it had good results. I see that as per medical benefits, it has the hydrating glycerin to improve the resilience of sensitive skin. Cetaphil face wash is available at the best offer price on cureka. Adding to this, it is Dermatologist approved. SO it's safe to use.

MemberMember
(@apowerful1)

Posted : 11/30/2022 12:28 am

I dont use the Cetaphil cleanser (I feel like it doesnt clean my skin much). But I do LOVE their lotions. I use Cetaphil Restoraderm on my face - it moisturizes without making my skin look oily.

MemberMember
(@jmhart)

Posted : 01/18/2023 1:05 pm

I tried it, but did not like it. It seemed to make me break out more. I did find a company called TreSkin, it was referred by a friend. I started using the Facial cleanser & it really works & does not dry out my skin.