Notifications
Clear all

Micro-Needle Peel

MemberMember
(@dan34)

Posted : 11/18/2015 1:21 am

I know many of you support needling and TCA peels, but I was wondering if anyone's tried the two together. This dermatologist offers it, but I'm wondering if it's something I could do at home, and if any of you have had experience with it.

http://drdobryrx.com/cosmetic-dermatology/micro-needle-peel-new/

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 11/18/2015 6:45 pm

First off, I've seen those last two sets of photos are all over the internet so they could be rip offs. Just saying. Be careful. If they really got good results then why aren't they using pics of their own patients? Maybe people stole them from their site but if you are going to see these people, ask for real proof. Here's one that I found: http://chicagopermanentcosmetics.com/skin.shtml

I've seen the wrinkle one around too.

I've never used both together (too chicken) but I've heard about some people on here who have used other types of peels while rolling/stamping and they seem to be happy with the results.

Oh just read that you said you want to do it at home. What % of TCA are you planning on using?

MemberMember
(@dan34)

Posted : 11/18/2015 7:08 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the pictures. I can't believe dermatologists use other pictures and post them as their own. So immoral. I've gone from 15-24% TCA over the last few months. I'll probably go up to 30% in the coming months. I haven't seen anyone on here who has used both needling and TCA together, but it would be interesting to see their results.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 11/18/2015 8:29 pm

It's complete BS. People keep stealing the same few pictures, crop, edit, and repost them thinking no one will know. Except that a lot of us here have all seen the same pictures. I've seen so many people steal pictures from Dr Davin Lim for example because he actually does have some pretty impressive results. Don't trust anything you see online.

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 11/19/2015 3:01 pm

General rule of thumb is the more treatments you combine the better the end result will be. That recent Indian study that yielded fantastic results combined needling and TCA peels along with subcision, so you'd very likely do quite well.

acnescar4 liked
MemberMember
(@dan34)

Posted : 11/19/2015 3:09 pm

I think I may try it. Factoid, do you have the link to the study? I'm a big fan of the scientific studies for subcision, needling and TCA, and for TCA Cross. Looks like the majority of people get great results.

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 11/20/2015 5:19 pm

I referenced it in a related post I made a while back.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/157005-scarless-healing/?do=findComment&comment=3491745

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 11/21/2015 5:04 am

TCA cross and TCA peels are strong by itself and can improve scars alot
but i dont think needle by itself can improve much scars ive saw people using needling + sandpaper or needling + some LED or ultrasound devices and having results
i would try needling + TCA if i have TCA here but first try on a small area to see how it goes

my personal experience with 1,5 dermarollerneedling by itself is disappointing after when my dermaroller worn i will try derma stamp to see how it goes