Notifications
Clear all

Acne after Accutane

MemberMember
(@appenyere)

Posted : 11/17/2015 1:27 pm

I suffered from body acne for a good portion of my life. I have had it on my back, thighs, bottom, all the worst places ever. For whatever reason -- thank the heavens -- I did not have it on my face. I decided to start Accutane in March and I stopped the treatment in September. I took 80/mg a day for 6 months in its entirety. I was clear almost all over, with a focus on my back since that is where it was cystic and bad. Two months later, I seem to be breaking out again but not on my back (so much). I had a few small zits on my back, but now I have these big lumps on my chest. There is no puss in them, just a lump of red. I also seem to have small (but painful) zits on my thighs now, and more frequent than before. I have decided to go back to my derm to see what is up with me and if I can take anything to curb this rise in acne. Has anyone had this happen after Accutane that can offer advice? Should I worry that it is going to make its way back onto my back and become cystic again? Has anyone taken another medicine (minocycline, etc) to curb this after accutane?

MemberMember
(@patmb91)

Posted : 11/18/2015 7:16 pm

I took accutane 2 years ago and was clear for about a year but the last few months my skin has been quite bad again, so considering accutane again. I have took minocyline in the past but i found that on its own it doesn't really do much but when i took it with a benzoyl peroxide cream it was alright. I'm personally just sick of creams and antibiotics.