Absorbica Journey

MemberMember
(@hdm55)

Posted : 11/16/2015 8:51 am

I am a 24 year old female that has struggled with acne since middle school. My acne is not terribleand tends to seem a little hormonal. My dermatologist suggested accutane as our last resort to keep my skin clear. I have tried numerous topicals and oral antibiotics with no real results.

I read a lot of blogs prior to starting accutane and hopefully have stocked up on all of the essential items:

Cerave Moisturizing Facial Lotion PM
Cerave Moisturizing Cream
Systane rewetting drops
Bag balm
Cerave face wash
Lots of hand creams and various chapsticks - my derm recommended aquaphor and aveeno but I have not purchased either yet.

My dose for the first month is 30 mg once daily and I am taking it in the evening with dinner.

Day 1 - Took my first dose last night.. I wouldn't expect to see any side effects this early and my derm told me not to expect any crazy side effects the first month but did say I will likely get chapped lips. Anyways - I woke up this morning with a new whitehead on my cheek and my lip was peeling but I think that is from the cold I have.

MemberMember
(@walkonmoveforward)

Posted : 11/22/2015 5:02 pm

I just recently started as well. Best of luck to you.

hdm55 liked
MemberMember
(@hdm55)

Posted : 11/27/2015 6:26 pm

you too!

Day 13 - So I haven't really decided how much I will be updating but have very little to report up to this point. Immediately following my first dose, I'd say on day 2 or 3 I experienced extreme thirst. I never drink water.. and by never I mean never... I started drinking about 80 oz a day on day 2 or 3 and that last about 3 days. I am not back to drinking small amounts of water and don't experience the extreme thirst. I have been using lotion every night but have not experienced any unusual dryness to my skin. I have also been using bag balm on my lips at night and regular chapstick during the day and my lips have not been chapped. I think I am starting to get the purge or initial breakout. I woke up yesterday with 4 new spots (2 on chin and 2 on body).

I have had a few drinks since being on accutane..1 with dinner.. 1.5 with dinner.. I didn't notice any issues. and yes I know it is hard on my liver.

MemberMember
(@hdm55)

Posted : 12/18/2015 3:43 pm

So I have been on absorbicafor over a month now with no real side effects. I had mild eczema on both hands after working (nurse) but it cleared up with no treatment.

I have been using cerave moisturizing cream every night and regular chapstick during the day. I have noticed that my hair does not need to be washed as frequently and that my skin feels kinda tacky but I haven't had any dry spots or flakiness.

I had my check up yesterday and I am being moved to 60 mg/day and my labs were good.. so yay.

I plan to begin using cerave moisturizing lotion in the mornings and the cream at night. I will also be using bag balm on my lips at night.