Notifications
Clear all

Extremely Oily Dehydrated Face, eyebrows hairloss.

MemberMember
(@jp008)

Posted : 11/15/2015 2:22 pm

Hello, I really need help with my condition. I have posted here before but over the years I have not been able to find a solution to my problems. Here is what I am suffering from:

1. Extreme OILY DEHYDRATED face.After I wash my face (with water only) and put on moisturizer, my skin feels very very tight. About 30 minutes later my skin is extremely oily, but still very tight and dehydrated. I looks awful, very leathery. All this time I thought I had dry skin, but according to many articles online the difference between dry and dehydrated skin is that dry skin does not produce oil, but dehydrated skin produces oil because it is lacking in water.

2. When ever I wash my face with water I can see white paste covering my eyebrows and some on my beard. I don't know if this is a mixture of oil and dead skin or something else. A couple of years ago I went to a dermatologist and he said I have Seborrheic Dermatitis and told me to use Nizoral on my eyebrows and on my beard but this did not help at all. I have also tried Tea Tree oil, ACV, Dead Sea Salt, and other dandruff shampoos and it does not help. I also have this paste on my scalp, I use Head & Shoulders shampoo, but it doesn't really get rid of the problem.

3. Every time I was my face (I only wash once a day in the morning) I lose eyebrow hairs. My eyebrow hairs are very weak and easily fall out. My beard hair is very brittle and dead looking, it resembles straw. I also have hair loss on my scalp. The rest of the hair on my body looks very thin and weak.

Does anyone have any advice or idea of what is going on and what I can do to help my dehydrated skin and hair problems?

zari212 liked
MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 11/15/2015 4:11 pm

hey,
i have similar skin. ive been using cerave's pm lotion and i use it am and pm and i think it is amazing. usually im hesitant to put moisturizer on my oily skin but this works well.
also, look into castor oil to help your hair loss. sounds weird, i know. but i think its the most effective thing you can find and alot of people dont even know about it. its worth googling. googling? google-ing. i dont know. if you google it you find lots of people have cured their seborrheic dermatitis through diet changes, cutting out foods and switching to low carb diet.
http://www.botanical-online.com/seborrheicdermatitisdiet.htm

zari212 liked
MemberMember
(@fiaf)

Posted : 11/16/2015 7:55 pm

Yes I have the same problem. It's the oiliness that is causing the dandruff. I have to use dandruff shampoo on my eyebrows but I think you should wash your face more often. As often as you need to suppress the oiliness. I know some people say don't wash your face a lot but really there's nothing wrong with it as long as you only use water mostly. But first I think you need to remove the dandruff you already have. I just use my nails xD

MemberMember
(@jp008)

Posted : 11/16/2015 7:58 pm

On 11/15/2015, 139, hopeless87 said:

hey,
i have similar skin. ive been using cerave's pm lotion and i use it am and pm and i think it is amazing. usually im hesitant to put moisturizer on my oily skin but this works well.
also, look into castor oil to help your hair loss. sounds weird, i know. but i think its the most effective thing you can find and alot of people dont even know about it. its worth googling. googling? google-ing. i dont know. if you google it you find lots of people have cured their seborrheic dermatitis through diet changes, cutting out foods and switching to low carb diet.
http://www.botanical-online.com/seborrheicdermatitisdiet.htm

Thank you for your reply, hopeless87. I will order the Cereve Pm Lotion and give that a try. How do you apply the castor oil?

5 minutes ago, FIAF said:

Yes I have the same problem. It's the oiliness that is causing the dandruff. I have to use dandruff shampoo on my eyebrows but I think you should wash your face more often. As often as you need to suppress the oiliness. I know some people say don't wash your face a lot but really there's nothing wrong with it as long as you only use water mostly. But first I think you need to remove the dandruff you already have. I just use my nails xD

Hello, FIAF, I have tried many dandruff shampoo's and they have not helped my condition at all, but thank you for your suggestions.

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 11/17/2015 11:36 am

its easiest to sleep in it. apply it to your eyebrows and scalp and then sleep with a shower cap on for 8 hours, then shampoo it out in the morning. it will take a few weeks to notice anything so you just have to bear with the pain in the but of it all. but i hope you do. castor oil is really cheap too.

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 12/14/2015 4:43 am

I has the same thing .i though it was dehydrated skin but it was seb derm all over my t zone and chin and almost my whole cheeks.took me a while to find out it was Seb derm becuase I though seb derm flaks.but not all the time some people don't flake ,some just have some white filmon top of the seb derm area. My seb derm was not flaky but always had a white film on top of the seb derm areas. Everytime I was my face twice a day I would scrape this white stuff on my face .so I search and find out it was seb derm aka face dandruff on my face.so I got some head and shoulders 2 in 1 shampoo and wash my face with it once a day sometime twice a day,and leave it on for 7 mins like a face mask and rinse it all off. But before I apply the shampoo on my face I would gentle use a wash cloth to remove all that white dead skin from my seb derm on my face,so the shampoo can work better. I did this for a couple of weeks and it fix it.

when you first use the shampoo on your face and leave it on for 7 mins.and rinse it.your seb derm area will be more visible and more red.but this means it working.it get a little worse before it goes away.this happen because the seb derm fungus is fighting or dying. Just try this method for a least 2 weeks or a month and your seb derm should be gone.

and wash your face aleats twice a day.because the seb derm will be harder to fix if u wash once a day.and second time u wash it u can leave it on for 1 min or 5 mins.just depend how senitive your skin is.if the h n s shampoo is too strong for your face then use the h n s 2 in1. And if that is too strong then just use the h n s conditioner. Good luck

MemberMember
(@kelly-jones)

Posted : 12/17/2015 7:36 am

IT IS THE WATER!!!! Weacne prone ppl are allergic to chemicals. STOP using them!!

Our skin and hair can't handle Free Chlorine (Cl-), Combined Chlorine (Sodium Hypochlorite), Hydrogen Sulfide (rotten egg smell) andIron Oxide (rust water)

Get a filtered shower head!!!! You will be amazed how your water is damaging your skin and hair. A filter will filter chemicals making your hard water softer. Trust me, I have tried everything before I started washing my body with only filtered water. Wash your face with combinations of honey, lemon, and coconut oil and sugar for exfoliation. Thayers Witch Hazel (No Alcohol) as toner. Use aloe Vera gel as moisturizer. Tea tree oil is great too. Stick to natural products as listed above.

Don't use lofas and do use wash cloths but oxiclean them when washing, do not bleach them

Birth Control is a Big No as is Man-Made antibiotics. Opt for natural antibiotics such as garlic and orgeano

If for some reason the moon turns purple and this does not work, get tested for food allergies ex dairy or gluten and Do educate yourself on GMO's

You all are Beautiful Best Of Luck!!

MemberMember
(@jp008)

Posted : 05/28/2016 10:38 pm

On December 13, 2015 at 1:43 AM, rarejr said:

I has the same thing .i though it was dehydrated skin but it was seb derm all over my t zone and chin and almost my whole cheeks.took me a while to find out it was Seb derm becuase I though seb derm flaks.but not all the time some people don't flake ,some just have some white filmon top of the seb derm area. My seb derm was not flaky but always had a white film on top of the seb derm areas. Everytime I was my face twice a day I would scrape this white stuff on my face .so I search and find out it was seb derm aka face dandruff on my face.so I got some head and shoulders 2 in 1 shampoo and wash my face with it once a day sometime twice a day,and leave it on for 7 mins like a face mask and rinse it all off. But before I apply the shampoo on my face I would gentle use a wash cloth to remove all that white dead skin from my seb derm on my face,so the shampoo can work better. I did this for a couple of weeks and it fix it.

when you first use the shampoo on your face and leave it on for 7 mins.and rinse it.your seb derm area will be more visible and more red.but this means it working.it get a little worse before it goes away.this happen because the seb derm fungus is fighting or dying. Just try this method for a least 2 weeks or a month and your seb derm should be gone.

and wash your face aleats twice a day.because the seb derm will be harder to fix if u wash once a day.and second time u wash it u can leave it on for 1 min or 5 mins.just depend how senitive your skin is.if the h n s shampoo is too strong for your face then use the h n s 2 in1. And if that is too strong then just use the h n s conditioner. Good luck

Okay, so you don't apply any moisturizer after you wash your face?

MemberMember
(@jp008)

Posted : 07/15/2016 4:56 pm

Hello, friendly people. I am still suffering from this problem, is anyone out there also suffering from this? Has anyone found a solution ? please I am getting very desperate and I am losing hope.

MemberMember
(@skindeeply)

Posted : 07/17/2016 1:29 pm

On 7/15/2016 at 4:56 PM, jp008 said:

Hello, friendly people. I am still suffering from this problem, is anyone out there also suffering from this? Has anyone found a solution ? please I am getting very desperate and I am losing hope.

I tried all the same methods as you did to relieve my seb derm and folliculitis, but there was only one thing that ultimately cured them (on top of diet changes), and even though I'm hesitant to say it because for some reason, it freaks most people out here, I'm still gonna share it: diluted bleach baths. It kills all the associated bacteria and inflammation quickly and safely. It's recommended by the National Eczema Association. If you google "diluted bleach baths" you will find a wealth of information and testimonials.

Add1/4-1/2 cup of regular (not concentrated) household clorox bleach to a warm (not hot) standard size 40-gallon tub of water. Soak all affected areas for 15-20 minutes once a day until the problem has cleared, then once every 7-14 days for maintenance. When I finish soaking, I shower off with warm water and a natural soap (like African Black) and gently exfoliate my face with just my hands and the water. Most people follow up with a moisturizer all over , but I just moisturize my body and apply monistat or clotrimizole cream to my face only if it's SUPER dry, which it rarely is anymore. If it's going to work for you, you should see results after your first one or two baths.

MemberMember
(@moha)

Posted : 04/17/2021 8:55 pm

On 11/15/2015 at 9:22 PM, jp008 said:

Hello, I really need help with my condition. I have posted here before but over the years I have not been able to find a solution to my problems. Here is what I am suffering from:

1. Extreme OILY DEHYDRATED face.After I wash my face (with water only) and put on moisturizer, my skin feels very very tight. About 30 minutes later my skin is extremely oily, but still very tight and dehydrated. I looks awful, very leathery. All this time I thought I had dry skin, but according to many articles online the difference between dry and dehydrated skin is that dry skin does not produce oil, but dehydrated skin produces oil because it is lacking in water.

2. When ever I wash my face with water I can see white paste covering my eyebrows and some on my beard. I don't know if this is a mixture of oil and dead skin or something else. A couple of years ago I went to a dermatologist and he said I have Seborrheic Dermatitis and told me to use Nizoral on my eyebrows and on my beard but this did not help at all. I have also tried Tea Tree oil, ACV, Dead Sea Salt, and other dandruff shampoos and it does not help. I also have this paste on my scalp, I use Head & Shoulders shampoo, but it doesn't really get rid of the problem.

3. Every time I was my face (I only wash once a day in the morning) I lose eyebrow hairs. My eyebrow hairs are very weak and easily fall out. My beard hair is very brittle and dead looking, it resembles straw. I also have hair loss on my scalp. The rest of the hair on my body looks very thin and weak.

Does anyone have any advice or idea of what is going on and what I can do to help my dehydrated skin and hair problems?

Hello Bro I don't how I am surprised to see someone who is listing all my problem. Literally I have all those symptoms like loosing hair on scalp and eyebrows also thinning all my body hair and hair weakness. also the oily on scalp and eyebrows. Please share with me some information. I will keep checking your reply. I am tired of going todoctors, since 2019 /8 I was visiting doctors and at different hospitals.

MemberMember
(@keylepp91)

Posted : 04/17/2022 2:11 am

Hello together,

Did anyone find a solution?

I have the same problem Since 2 years:(

zari212 liked
MemberMember
(@keto_)

Posted : 06/11/2023 1:11 am

Posted by: @moha
On 11/15/2015 at 9:22 PM, jp008 said:

Hello Bro I don't how I am surprised to see someone who is listing all my problem. Literally I have all those symptoms like loosing hair on scalp and eyebrows also thinning all my body hair and hair weakness. also the oily on scalp and eyebrows. Please share with me some information. I will keep checking your reply. I am tired of going todoctors, since 2019 /8 I was visiting doctors and at different hospitals.

Hello hope youre doing great. Hows it going with your face and updates on it ?