Notifications
Clear all

Young girl with severe scarring...

MemberMember
(@m-i-m-i)

Posted : 11/14/2015 10:12 pm

Hello.

I'm a 13 year old girl in junior high, and obviously, I have severe acne scarring. Of all kinds, too.
Box scars, rolling scars, ice pick scars, red scars, brown scars.... you name it.

The worse part, is that it isn't even about zits anymore. All the treatments I see on here are STRICTLY for acne, whether it be red bumps or whiteheads. Nothing for my type of situation. And if there are, it's pretty much pointless since it's something that requires insurance like laser treatments or fillers. Nothing for a girl my age.

I've dealt with this for 2 years now. I have absolutely NOBODY to talk to, my confidence has plummeted to the bottom of the Earth, and the teachers at school send me to the counselor because they think I have "social anxiety" no..... I just hate my face. I can't stand to show it to people. I can't stand to look in the mirror, if I do I start sobbing because of the wretched scars. Sometimes I even gag at the sight of them. Dermatologist I used to go to won't accept my insurance , so I have nothing. NOTHING. NOT A SINGLE THING TO HELP ME.

I'm sorry if my little vent is bland or boring... I just needed to kinda get rid of it all.

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/15/2015 4:03 pm

Try using acne.org? Or maybe change your diet? That never worked for me but people are different, it may work for you!! You're 13, I don't think you need something so strong like accutane and the others. :)

M i m i liked
MemberMember
(@worriedscared1)

Posted : 11/21/2015 10:56 am

Hi is it possible to see another dermatologist who does?

Also try a doctor who maybe has some knowledge on skin?

I know its difficult but dont give up. Worth seeing people to talk to but be clear to others that your anxiety comes from skin which also needs to be dealt with.

M i m i liked
MemberMember
(@scar_tissue)

Posted : 11/26/2015 7:13 pm

Don't loose hope, you are still young. I felt so awful and ugly in middle school, I was flat, short, had acne, braces, no friends. You just have to start putting yourself out there little by little and find the right group of people that will accept you and love you despite your acne/ scars, gain some confidence in yourself. It may take years but once you realize you are more than the pimples and scars people will see that as well. I use to never want to look in mirrors, one time my mom put one in front of my face I was so frustrated and mad at her.I went through severe acne and I still have alot of acne scars but now that i'm older and more confident, I have no trouble interacting with people, i'veeven been able to model. Yeah I get frustrated when I see my acne scars but my friends have told me when they look at me they don't even see them till I point it out. Also, I've been doing derma rolling and I think it's been helping!. I hope something in this post helped you.

M i m i liked
MemberMember
(@lilieanlilie)

Posted : 08/07/2016 12:43 pm

How are you doing today? Did your scars get better? I hope they did :)

M i m i liked
MemberMember
(@psychedelicate)

Posted : 08/07/2016 5:20 pm

I hope you're well!

M i m i liked
MemberMember
(@m-i-m-i)

Posted : 08/09/2016 8:03 pm

TW: Suicide mention

Hello everybody! ;D

Its been a year since I've even been on this site, but I've returned and am so  happy to have read your advice!!
This post is old and I probably shouldn't even be commenting on it anymore, but I just couldn't stop myself from thanking all of you (as well as making an update).

Shortly after this post was made, I attempted to take my own life. My face tormented me so much that I couldn't even get up in the morning to look at my acne ridden face, scar filled face in the mirror when brushing my teeth. I felt that even my parents couldn't look at my face without feeling disgusted. I was convinced that my family was nauseated at the sight of their ugly daughter. I didn't blame them, I even felt sorry for them. I just couldn't take it anymore.

Long story short, I was admitted to a psychiatric hospital where they they gave me therapies and medications. I was diagnosed with Major Depression and Body Dysmorphic Disorder, and I learned helpful coping skills while there! From then on, I have learned to love and accept not only my face, but myself in general. Even though I still have some acne and scars, I've actually been making friends and even a boyfriend! I no longer let my mind take control over my pursuit for happiness. Life is more than acne. To anyone who currently feels like how I felt, I want you to know that you can do this. I swear that people will love you no matter how you much hatred you have towards your face. Other people do not have that same hatred towards you, nobody who truly cares about you will never be like that. I wish you all the best of luck.

On 8/7/2016 at 1:43 PM, lilieanlilie said:

How are you doing today? Did your scars get better? I hope they did :)

Actually, they have gotten a little better! I didn't use any treatments, I guess they just healed with time. Not completely gone, but I love myself despite the imperfections ™¥

Ishayat, Kay24, il90 and 2 people liked
MemberMember
(@lilieanlilie)

Posted : 08/10/2016 12:14 pm

16 hours ago, M i m i said:

Hello everybody! ;D

Its been a year since I've even been on this site, but I've returned and am so  happy to have read your advice!!
This post is old and I probably shouldn't even be commenting on it anymore, but I just couldn't stop myself from thanking all of you (as well as making an update).

Shortly after this post was made, I attempted to take my own life. My face tormented me so much that I couldn't even get up in the morning to look at my acne ridden face, scar filled face in the mirror when brushing my teeth. I felt that even my parents couldn't look at my face without feeling disgusted. I was convinced that my family was nauseated at the sight of their ugly daughter. I didn't blame them, I even felt sorry for them. I just couldn't take it anymore.

Long story short, I was admitted to a psychiatric hospital where they they gave me therapies and medications. I was diagnosed with Major Depression and Body Dysmorphic Disorder, and I learned helpful coping skills while there! From then on, I have learned to love and accept not only my face, but myself in general. Even though I still have some acne and scars, I've actually been making friends and even a boyfriend! I no longer let my mind take control over my pursuit for happiness. Life is more than acne. To anyone who currently feels like how I felt, I want you to know that you can do this. I swear that people will love you no matter how you much hatred you have towards your face. Other people do not have that same hatred towards you, nobody who truly cares about you will never be like that. I wish you all the best of luck.

Actually, they have gotten a little better! I didn't use any treatments, I guess they just healed with time. Not completely gone, but I love myself despite the imperfections ™¥

AWESOME!! I'm so happy to hear that you're doing and feeling better!! Enjoy your life! Hugs to you! <3 <3

M i m i liked
MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 08/11/2016 3:38 pm

On 8/10/2016 at 3:03 AM, M i m i said:

Hello everybody! ;D

Thank you fot this. <3 You are an inspiration. 

M i m i liked