Notifications
Clear all

Suggestion needed for Subcision with Fillers .....Plssss

MemberMember
(@kumar85)

Posted : 11/13/2015 9:00 pm

Hi guys,
               I have an appointment with dr.george yang this coming friday for some of my deep indents on my left cheek. The doctor suggested two techniques one the regular subcision and the second subcision with filler(which is done with the injectable needle). I have a major event attend next so opted for the latter option.

My question for the subcision with filler the doctor uses the same small needle used to inject the filler to release the collagen fibers. So would it yield any good results or its just waste of money....

I badly need a suggestion guys ..I have my marriage this coming jan wanted to fix some of these nasty scars caused by infini and two series of bellafill

My concern is with those three big indents...I named those the bermuda triangle :)

IMG_3737.jpg

MemberMember
(@scarredemon)

Posted : 11/14/2015 7:28 am

Subcision is basically done with a needle, be it from the injectable syringe itself or with a smaller gauge needle (smaller gauge equates to larger diameter). Obviously, a smaller gauge needle would help tackle the tough scar tissues which are tethered down. Also, the other benefit would be it doesn't get bluntas quick as a regular injectable syringe needle.Now, some studies have shown that using a much smaller gauge needle, which is incised into the skin,could potentiallycause scarring. Hence, the doctor is trying to be conservative. Also, thetolerance with a largergauge needle woulddefinitely be more comfortable for the norm. Ask your doctor if using a smaller gauge needle would be prudent before the procedure. I'm pretty sure most, if not all clinics would stock a rangeof sterile needle sizes.

I'm just curious when did you last have your previous procedures done- Infini and bellafill ? Both of these treatments take time for deeper collagen to synthesize. It won't surprise me that it would take at least a year to appreciate the full results. Also, the three huge indentation you've mentioned, to me, looks like deep boxcar scars. Subcisions may or may not be helpful. I understand down time is an issue for you, but treatment for scars should not require one to two different modalities only. It should take multiple approach at an aggressive level.

I hope this helps in one way or another. Also, congratulation on your marriage! I wish you allthe best and please do updateus with your progress.

Regards,
Scarredemon

MemberMember
(@kumar85)

Posted : 11/14/2015 6:34 pm

First of all thanks alot for your Info and wishes buddy. I got my first belafill done in March and the results were ok may be I got 30% improvement . But later my doctor told me about INFINI and asked me to go for a series of three. So i got my first Infini done in June which i regret till today because this procedure left me with hyperpigmentation and made the scars look a little worse (alot of my colleagues started noticing my scars and a few asked me about it).

This is when i have decided to go for a second bellafill sitting and got 0% improvement. So now i am thinking of giving the subcision with filler a shot but not sure how effective this procedure would be.
Will definitely update you guys about the procedure and my progress.

Regards
Kumar

MemberMember
(@katy_9hotmail-com)

Posted : 11/14/2015 9:51 pm

Hi Kumar,

Please do keep us updated. I had a consultation booked with Dr.Yang for the same procedure, but chickened out at the last moment.

Can't wait to hear your feedback and thoughts.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@kumar85)

Posted : 11/16/2015 7:59 pm

On 11/14/2015, 942, inneedofhelp! said:

Hey inneedof help even i am thinking of dropping buddy. I am mainly worried about two things the first one is will the filler leave me a bad bruise and the second one is will itshiftunder the skin exacerbating the original problem

MemberMember
(@kumar85)

Posted : 11/20/2015 1:40 pm

Hi guys,

I got the filler with subcision done today. I am really happy with the way the doctor took time to listen towhat i have to say and also asked about all my previous procedures. I am a bit swollen now(very little) . So will update you guys once the swelling settles down.

Cheers

Kumar

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 11/20/2015 5:47 pm

Awesome. Good luck! Post pictures - I'm sure thisboard will thank you for it!

MemberMember
(@kumar85)

Posted : 11/21/2015 10:54 am

Def buddy. BTW this is done with the injection needle itself. The injected area is little swollen and minimally bruised. So will definitely update you guys in a week.

MemberMember
(@katy_9hotmail-com)

Posted : 11/21/2015 7:30 pm

Nice going Kumar!

Please keep us updated with your progress and images would be great.

How is the swelling? Any bruising? Based on your feedback/results I may book my appointment for the end of Dec./Jan.

So you liked the doctor? Did he over sell the product or push you into it?

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@kumar85)

Posted : 11/21/2015 7:59 pm

@Inneedofhelp. I did bruise abit. But i am not sure why i am alittle confident this time.

Attached is my picture..Will update in a week

IMG_3826.jpg

Dr.Yang seems to be a genuine person and he didn't push to go for any product . It's just that he showed diff pictures of the persons who got the treatments done at his office. Then i chose to go for the filler with the subcision as downtime is an issue for me. 

I Got the filler done for total six scars......

MemberMember
(@katy_9hotmail-com)

Posted : 12/04/2015 9:55 pm

any update? Are you happy with the results?

MemberMember
(@kumar85)

Posted : 04/16/2018 2:32 pm

On 12/4/2015 at 6:55 PM, inneedofhelp! said:

any update? Are you happy with the results?

Sorry guys, I got married that year and got busy with Life. I had about 30-40% improvement the first yr and now after two year mark i still have about 20% improvement in terms the depth of my scars.

Planning to get a second treatment done this year.