Notifications
Clear all

Acne dark spots (hiperpigmentation)

MemberMember
(@zaner25)

Posted : 11/13/2015 4:38 pm

Hello, I'm new here. 
I'm currently 17yrs of age. 
Been dealing with acne over two or thew years now and it took a huge chunk out of my confidence. It is still today  :( 
I'm pretty sure my ex broke up with me cause it was getting bad. 
I try everything to exercise and eat right. 
It still happens. 
:( I don't want this problem to be a forever. And this site is my only hope to keep me going. So anyone who reads this we can talk and discuss. 
I've had acne affect my right side bad. (Vulgaris) not too bad on my left side. 
It left dark noticeable spots? .... I want to be free again yenno.I can put a few pics if yall would want. 

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 11/13/2015 5:54 pm

Zaner Go see a dermatologist if it is affecting you this bad. You can start on a topical like Differin, or it it is really bad perhaps Accutane. You could try an antibiotic but you should really take it with probiotics because it can mess up your stomach if you take it long term. The diet and exercise part is not a sure thing for a huge chunk of people. I wouldn't count on it. Don't worry it is not your fault, it is just biology (hormones) and other things you have no control over. But, eating healthy is still really important and you should keep it up no matter what. But just don't go hardcore with fasts and too restrictive diets. Please be nice to yourself. I was always so hard on myself, as if it was my own fault. It wasn't. It isn't.

Until then perhaps see a psychologist? Try not to think about it so much. I know it is hard. But try to do what you can (dermatologist), and then put it aside. Because you can really just do what you can do. The worrying and obsessing about it will only result in anxiety and feeling bad about yourself.

Keep your head up. Be strong. You will get through this, soon. But, until then try to keep occupied - any hobbies? Hiking? Bungy jumping? Cooking?

The dark spots iserythema and will eventually go. You should be happy they aren't depressed, because those will never leave. You are young and so your skin will heal. You'll be fine. I promise.

MemberMember
(@zaner25)

Posted : 11/13/2015 7:10 pm

Thanks for replying.
Yeah I think I've Been obsessing in the way I should look and just accept it. But it's kind of hard cause it what's I wake up to every morning. I used to look young and healthy. Now I don't. But I have a feeling I will soon. Or sometime. I'm obsessed with soccer though. So I'll keep up with that.
Plus, you think derma rolling or micro needling will help a little bit in the long run? God bless.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 11/15/2015 9:46 am

I think it is worse than you think. Try to think positive things about yourself when you look at yourself in the mirror in the morning. You'll be surprised how much better you'll feel. Mostly it is all in our heads. If your girlfriend really broke up with you because of some acne she sounds like a very shallow person who is not worth your time, tbh.

Yes sure, but don't do it while you have active acne. What I mean is don't needle on active acne, but around it should be fine.

Although, you could Dermastamp in the areas that have scarring but no active acne.

Yep, it is a long term thing. So start now, and evaluated 6 months from now.

MemberMember
(@zaner25)

Posted : 11/19/2015 5:52 pm

Thanks! And yeah idk. It kinda is bad. Before I broke out bad my fave was actually clearing up and all. Then I started getting stressed out and staying up late then Bam! Broke out bad. 

:( sadly. But I ordered a derma roller . And my acne is kinda almost gone just the marks are left. Those are easy to see. 

And next month I'm ordering vitamin c serums and retina a. Hopefully ! I stopped smoking like two or three weeeks ago. It helped a lot. But here's my face now. 

IMAG0070.jpg

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 11/20/2015 5:05 am

This is completely normal for you age. My brothers looked exactly like this when they we 15-17. They didn't care and now it is slowly going away, theystill don't care. They used nothing. It is just teenage hormones, completely normal.The less you do the better. If you want to try something like BP or Differin, Retina A, then start very slowly. Like once a week, and so on. Be kind to your skin.

Try to eat lotsof vitamin c foods, and also maybe include a high quality vitamin c supplement. That will decrease healing time.

Wait to dermaroll, I can't really see any scars. And, I think your body will take care of it tbh. Dermarolling is mostly for depressed scarring, which you don't have. You could of course try anyways it might work forerythema - you'll have to ask someone else about this though.

Please don't think this is bad, I see this every day on people your age and no one cares or thinks less of them for it. We have all been there.

Stay strong!

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@zaner25)

Posted : 11/20/2015 11:05 pm

Thanks for the replies !

And for confidence.

I ordered the derma roller so I'll see if it helps speed up the process.

I seen other testimonials and saying it helps the process.

MemberMember
(@parkscassidy_)

Posted : 11/24/2015 1:43 am

Hello!! From the looks of it, you don't really have scars. It looks like maybe an allergy? Try to cut dairy out for a week! I have the same issue & cutting dairy out helped a ton. Head up! Acne sucks, but you're a doll(: & your skin isn't reallybad at all.

MemberMember
(@zaner25)

Posted : 11/25/2015 8:58 pm

Thanks haha! :) well my ex broke up with me cause I was breaking out. But I broke out too cause of stress. We always argued and fought. But she left me for my "friend" ... But karma . I know wassup ! But it's getting better. I been working out and drinking water as much as I can. And sleep ! Thanks all for the confidence. Makes me life better. Godd bless !! 

il90 liked
MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 11/27/2015 12:53 am

The acne doesn't look too bad, but personally I advocate treating it aggressively to prevent it from progressing and becoming worse. If your acne is starting to scar, it's time to consider serious treatments. For me Accutane stopped my acne completely. It's a powerful drug, yes, but I think most of the side effects are overblown.

MemberMember
(@zaner25)

Posted : 11/27/2015 1:07 am

What does Accutane do. Like stop you from breaking out forever even if it's hormonal or whatever

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 11/27/2015 9:08 am

7 hours ago, Zaner25 said:

What does Accutane do. Like stop you from breaking out forever even if it's hormonal or whatever

Yep. Accutane permanently changes your oil glands to produce less oil. Ever wonder why people have to go through such a long process to obtain accutane? Cause it has sides but is EXTREMELY effective.

MemberMember
(@zaner25)

Posted : 11/28/2015 4:19 am

My face lately has been dry so I haven't been breaking out. My face is actually healing. Plus I have supplements! Like vit a , c ,b and etc. I am just waiting for my derma roller to help produce collagen! Lost a lot when I smoked cigarette

il90 liked
MemberMember
(@zaner25)

Posted : 11/28/2015 4:33 pm

I'm going to do updates on this post. 

Here's a few pics of my face now. 

Ordered a derma roller to decrease the size and texture of my skin(overeashed, over weathered‚ 

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

MemberMember
(@zaner25)

Posted : 11/29/2015 1:24 pm

Yeah I'm working out and running. Lots of water. Where can I get that aloe stuff? And I'm taking vitamin supplements. I think when I get my derma roller it'll help smooth out my skin. Plus I'm going to buy a product from [removed]

I seen reviews and wow big change with the pumpkin enzyme mask etc. I really hope I become clean again. :) I have faith. 

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 11/30/2015 11:59 pm

do not put random shit on your face without a dermatologist. Go to a dermotologist and follow their directions. I came to this site with light acne...listened to random people telling me to put this and that on my face and i completley wrecked my face until my acne was extrmeley cystic and severe. I needed accutante...trust me dont got buying aloe and peels and all that crap..go to a doctor.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 12/01/2015 8:48 am

I have to agree with above (derpface), go see a dermatologist and take what people say on this site and others with a grain of salt. You really don't know where this advice comes from, that's the problem with the internet. Don't put anything on your face before consulting with a professional.

Also, diets are also highly questionable. Don't go too hardcore and eliminate wholefood groups. If you want to revise your diet see a nutritionist, although I have heard that dairy might (emphasis on might - not will) have a negative affect. Milk is very good for bone health and teeth though, so be careful.

MemberMember
(@zaner25)

Posted : 12/01/2015 12:42 pm

Yeah I see the point. But I also broke out taking milk everyday it got bad too. 

I barely drink milk so I don't break out just little ziys and pimples :) which is good. I face is literally better then the first photo sine the supplements and taking care of myself. I'm ordering a kit like I said to help my wrinkles and smooth out my skin pores etc. And I'm waiting to see if a dermatologist can take me yet. Still no answer :( 

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@zaner25)

Posted : 12/08/2015 4:29 pm

Hello , me again! 

New update of my face :) it's not that bad but forehead looks destroyed haha. Hopefully that roller will flatten out my pores and wrinkles. (For head) 

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg