Notifications
Clear all

OILY skin must go!

MemberMember
(@oilyonecanobe)

Posted : 11/12/2015 8:11 pm

Many ppl say theiroily, and yes they may have a little shine. Unfortunatly I wake up with olive-oil face.5min after washing my face its shiny. By 1 hour you can cover 2oil-sheets. By 2 hours you can probably fry some chips... by the afternoon its a complete joke. A side effect of all of this oil is the complete lack of any exfoliation, not even with chemicals, the skin is stuck together like glue. Resulting in, angry red clumped rough skin that shines and ppl think Im sweating and amyears older than I am.

But, my Super oily skin has rare occassions of dry skin spells when my exercise regime is off the chart, when my diet is as clean as can be possible, and when i drink 3-4 litres of filtered water a day etc.. extreme measures of a super cleansed system just to have a drop in skin-oil from super-oily to just oily/nearly normal for a day or 2, this I hope you agree is crazy and a world apart from the majority of ppl who do absolutly nothing to have normal levels of skin oil.
Our good fats and bad and its quantity fluctuate with our hormones and diet/exercise.

Now, there is a sweet spot , and from what I have researched/been told by others, and experimented I believe fish oils help us to have more good fats and less triglycerides, B5 upregulates the bad fats, and a dht inhibitor like sawpalmetto turns down the power on the overactive dht.

I have used b5 with success in the past but dropped it after it stopped working. I believe now that the b5 stopped working due to changes in my diet/exercise which completly dampened the b5's effect to upregulate, however with high-dose fish oil to attack the problem at a different side, and the sawpalmetto to turn down the fire entirely. This regime in theory should cut oil to the core from every angle.
As i said, b5 worked amazingly while it worked. Then I had to come off it and re-cycle it several times to get it to have the same effect, I recall complete changes in my diet/exercise and work/relationship stresses going on also during these times. So I now believe b5 was overwhelmed to do its job (as well as it could by itself).
I have now started sawpalmetto a month ago and can see slight improvements, but nothing anywhere near to what I want. B5 and highstrength omega3's from fish-oils have been ordered and I will run the whole regime once they arrive.
I wan't sustained dryskin for the long term, without the need to run like a Zebra on a treadmill for an hour a day and all the rest of it.

I hope this regime can accompish my goal... A multivitamin is also a daily standard, so I will keep that in the protocol.

MemberMember
(@purplestove)

Posted : 11/25/2015 11:43 am

Best ofluck! Let us know how it works!

MemberMember
(@oilyonecanobe)

Posted : 11/26/2015 3:17 pm

Update -

I started the highstrength omega 3 part of the protocol shortly after my last post (

414mg DHA and 644mg EPA per serving

). The B5 side has still not been started, customs are holding onto my swanson b5 batch and only just released it, so that should get added by this weekend.

Currently inflammation (redface) has decreased allot, oily skin has decreased 25% roughly. on the sawpalmetto+omega3's alone.

I can gauge 25% because I am veryused to my skin oil quantity.

One other assistive protocol which is free, I have started to end my face cleaning (morning/evening) routine with a cold water 30second rinse, warm water may clean your face like you clean the dishes but cold water flushes your blood back and fourth...if that makes sense.

There's someInteresting research on cold therapy, such as cold showers or cold face rinses. Just google search and you'll easily find the papers. Thinking about it, it does make perfect sence as cold baths and cold rivers were the standard for thousands of years of human evolution. So back to the stone age for me 🙂

MemberMember
(@oilyonecanobe)

Posted : 11/28/2015 4:24 pm

Regime is at full force from today.

Saw palmetto

High strength omega 3's

B5 at 10g

The purpose is to reduce mass oily skin, I know the above regime is full of potential side effects. But I have little alternative here. The other problem with super oily skin is that it doesn't exfoliate, not with abbrasives or chemicals. They just make my skin angry, while the dead skin cells pile on and stay stuck together like super glue.

The hope is for my skin to dry-out and then start normal exfoliation. Its like a skin time machine from what I remember when I was on b5 alone, back a few years ago.

MemberMember
(@eugene)

Posted : 11/29/2015 3:23 pm

Don't forget to take one or twob-complex tablets as well with that amount of b5. I suspect that's why it stops working for people / causes side effects, the depletion of other essential vitamins.

MemberMember
(@oilyonecanobe)

Posted : 12/02/2015 8:33 pm

Skin has started drying up. Still shiny though.

Specifically, when I now wash my face I can feel under my finger-tips tiny bitsof skin flaking off. This I remember experiencing years ago on just b5. It is the pre-effect to full force dryness andExfoliation! As I said before, super oily skin does not exfoliate at all until it is dryer. So this is a dam good sign.

Ppl with dry skin and normal exfoliation should feel under there fingers, skin that is smooth at the touch, super oilyppl like me don't have this. It feels irregular and rough. The difference now on my forehead has definatlyimproved in just a short period since adding the b5 this week.

Great start!

For the record, I have replaced my synthetic multi-Vitamins with these...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Max-Nourish-Capsules-SuperFoods/dp/B001UF13V4

Apart from the b5 I don't want any other chemical laboratory products in my regime, so these capsules are Organic natural food supplements. They provide a far better kick than any synthetic multi-vitamin. And hopefully will cover me in regards to any vitamin depletion that the b5 may' cause

Incase anyone is interested, I take a few b5 pills in the morning to start. Then I empty the remainder of my days dosage into a glass shaker bottle with some orange squash, add some boiling water first to completly dissolve the b5 or it clumps together.

Drink throughout the day

MemberMember
(@mateus560276)

Posted : 12/06/2015 8:35 am

Good luck! I find your regime very interesting so please keep us updated! I am currently on a low dose of Accutane (10mg/day) but I still have annoyingoily skin and bad skin tone. I was thinking of supplementing with saw palmetto and omega-3 as well. Looking forward to your progress!

MemberMember
(@oilyonecanobe)

Posted : 12/07/2015 6:12 pm

On 12/6/2015, 108, mateus560276 said:

Good luck! I find your regime very interesting so please keep us updated! I am currently on a low dose of Accutane (10mg/day) but I still have annoyingoily skin and bad skin tone. I was thinking of supplementing with saw palmetto and omega-3 as well. Looking forward to your progress!

The accutane should dry ur skin hugely while your on it. Unsure I remember my daily dosage from years ago, but I had to go on 3 courses of accutane at a high dosage to sort out my acne, and dry skin was paramount during the 3rd dosage at high mg's. Which amazed me, as I thought nothing could reduce my olive-oil skin

MemberMember
(@oilyonecanobe)

Posted : 12/11/2015 8:51 pm

Quick update. Its been 2 weeks on the full regime. 

Oilyness is not as good as the first few days on the full regime, I can account this to the fact I was eating v healthy and running at the gym each day at the time. But if you recall my first post,  the eating like a saint and running like a Zebra were my main defences against oil before the regime. Basically another method to burn through available fat in my blood stream. So when the regime was combined with the running and diet, a turbocharge effect makes perfect sense. 

Now the diet and exercise are nill, oily skin has increased but definatly notably less.

*Another point to add.. whenever I have had a bad meal . I'll have an extra spoon of omega 3 fatty acids. 

I'll be returning to a more balanced healthy lifestyle from now, I don't want to spend my life on a treadmill but I want to have a reasonable balance. Hopefully this will aid the regime, as I imagine it will.

My past experiences with b5 tells me that there full force effect kicks in post the 4 week mark, so 2 more to go before I can expect that.

Will report back again soon,  

anyone else trying this regime please say hi :)

MemberMember
(@georgealberto)

Posted : 12/18/2015 10:06 pm

Hi there, I'm on b5 as well since the 12th, but I'm not megadosing, I'm currently taking 5g b5 + L Cysteine. good thing my face has started to dry, i have very little oil at the moment, the only downside is that I'm breaking out, not that bad though. Hopefully this is just an initial break out, and things will start to get better soon fingers crossed!

MemberMember
(@oilyonecanobe)

Posted : 12/18/2015 11:45 pm

1 hour ago, georgealberto said:

Hi there, I'm on b5 as well since the 12th, but I'm not megadosing, I'm currently taking 5g b5 + L Cysteine. good thing my face has started to dry, i have very little oil at the moment, the only downside is that I'm breaking out, not that bad though. Hopefully this is just an initial break out, and things will start to get better soon fingers crossed!

Hi George

Goodluck with the treatment! I tried the b5+l cysteine combo last year, it just never worked for me. seems only megadosing has any effect on my system.

Let me know how u get on once its in full swing, another couple weeks i'll suppose since u started on the 12th.

Oily skin must be Stopped! GL

MemberMember
(@georgealberto)

Posted : 12/19/2015 8:05 am

Hi Oilyonecanobe

I wanna reach the 6, 7 grams + L cysteine and keep it to see if it works, and then when i'm clear lower my dose to a manageable dose. The only thing that worries me is the b5 wearing off, I've read many posts of b5 where people say that after a year and a half or so the effect wears off, and they go back to square one! Is there anything we can do to avoid this? I read one post of someone using b5 for more than 3 years with success on and off but I just can't find that post at the moment. I just want this to work, at least till a new sebum inhibitor comes out to the market , have a look at this

http://dermira.com/pipeline/drm01/

http://www.novantherapeutics.com/investors-media/press-releases/novan-announces-successful-phase-2b-clinical-trial-results-s/

Hopefully these two drugs won't take that long to come out once they're approved!

MemberMember
(@oilyonecanobe)

Posted : 12/19/2015 6:14 pm

9 hours ago, georgealberto said:

Hi Oilyonecanobe

I wanna reach the 6, 7 grams + L cysteine and keep it to see if it works, and then when i'm clear lower my dose to a manageable dose. The only thing that worries me is the b5 wearing off, I've read many posts of b5 where people say that after a year and a half or so the effect wears off, and they go back to square one! Is there anything we can do to avoid this? I read one post of someone using b5 for more than 3 years with success on and off but I just can't find that post at the moment. I just want this to work, at least till a new sebum inhibitor comes out to the market , have a look at this

http://dermira.com/pipeline/drm01/

http://www.novantherapeutics.com/investors-media/press-releases/novan-announces-successful-phase-2b-clinical-trial-results-s/

Hopefully these two drugs won't take that long to come out once they're approved!

Those new products look interesting, only thing I wonder about is that its topical. I always believed that internal treatment was the way to go, but i'll certainly give it a try once its out.

Yes the b5 did stop working for me about 4-5 times and I had to recycle it to get the effect back, but again it stopped working. Then completly wouldn't work for me anymore no matter what I tried, this is when I startedexperimenting with b5+l-cycteine, then I went direct to Pantethine.. desperate to get the effect back, but to no avail. This was all about a year ago when i then quit on it entirely.

With the new regime, I am aimed at tackling sebum, inflammation, and hormones with the b5, omega3's, and sawpalmetto.My theory on why b5 works periodically, is based on one of the following things going wrong..

either..

-b5 is no longer able to upregulate fats due to changes in my lifestyle, diet and hormones.so b5 stops being able to handle the load changes associated with higher fat in my blood or higher stresses going on etc..

-my liver may be overly fatty at times, so b5 stops working as effectivly.

-b5 may be dominating other vitamin pathways, causing a big inbalance.

So my plan of action is to make things easier for b5 to keep upregulatingfat permanently. omega 3 cool'sthe inflammation, saw palmetto calms my hormones, and a food based supplement to cover the other vitamins. also I'm trying to eat betterand drink morelemon water to help keep my liver function optimal.

only time will tell now

MemberMember
(@oilyonecanobe)

Posted : 12/29/2015 5:09 am

1 month update from full strength regime.

Much less oil, especially when I first wake up, usually i'm covered in oil. And inflammation and micro swelling hasreduced allot.

Skin around my eyes is a little too dry though. so i now have to add more moisture here.

still room to go, but so far so good!

MemberMember
(@oilyonecanobe)

Posted : 01/02/2016 12:48 pm

Thought it was too good to be true, Oil has increased since my last post; only thing I can account for is that on Christmas day I went way over the 10g, and into 15-20g realm. That must have kicked the dryness into effect around the time of my last post. But since then I have dropped back down to 10g, and with it some more oil. Not a massive amount but not as good as chrismas/boxing-day

I looked up the original Pantothenic acid experiment and read through it, he detailed that his test subjects had an accelerated effect from the b5 when they were upped to 15-20g. Although you will get the same effect if you stick at 10g and just wait it out. Also he discusses the lack of fat metabolism being efficient in his guinea-pigs (oily ppl) and how a lower fat diet changes this, exactly what I have experienced when having to excessivly exercise to be"less" oily.Remember that obese people who are full of fat are not necessarily oily skinned, but ppl like me and some of you who are not obese but have super oily skin.. well its without question that our internal systems don't metabolise fats efficiently, infact we are faulty in this arena for whatever reason..genes some may say.

Now, an obese person who's diet sucks compared to my relatively good diet, not obese, and I exercise. You'd expect my fat metabolism to be in good shape..well I guess my genes are missing that detail.

Other research I have read does dismiss the B5 claims from the above mentioned experiments, and say that b5 simply helps the skin barrier function. Well, I call bull-shit to that. From my own experience before even reading the experiments I have come to similar conclusions.

As of now, I can increase my dosage to 15g and get dry skin but Im happy to stick with 10g and wait for it to kick in.

I'll only start to lower it again once I have the effect in full swing, and lower it slowly for maintenance

MemberMember
(@oilyonecanobe)

Posted : 01/04/2016 5:50 pm

Another addition to the regime..

Topically; I decided to copy the original experiment with topical b5. I've gone with a 10% solution rather than 20% though.

Thought why not, its v easy to make and I have the ingredients anyway.

will report back.

MemberMember
(@oilyonecanobe)

Posted : 01/05/2016 8:00 pm

A paper and experimentfrom 1952!

Interesting...

http://www.jbc.org/content/197/2/485.full.pdf

To sum Up; They compared Pantothenic acid deficient rats to Non Pant deficient rats in regards to fatty liver on a high cholesterol diet. Strangely the deficient rats scores were greatly better than those that wern't deficient. Even the cholesterol rich diet "deficient" rats scored far better than the low fat diet rats.

summary from the paper:...

"SUMMARY The feeding of a comp1et.e diet cont.aining 1 per cent cholesterol to normal rats resulted in fatty livers and high levels of cholesterol in the liver and the serum. The same cholesterol-rich diet did not produce a rise in liver lipides in pantothenic acid-deficient rats and only small increases in liver cholesterol and serum cholesterol. This resistance of the deficient rats to formation of fatty livers was not due to curtailment of food intake, since the food consumption of the cholest,erol-fed deficient animals on a body weight basis was higher than that of the normal animtils. Pair-fed groups likewise had t.he same response to cholesterol feeding as had unrestricted groups. "

MemberMember
(@georgealberto)

Posted : 01/23/2016 2:25 am

Hi there,
good to know that you're doing well. I gave up on B5 cuz got tired of swallowing so many pills a day, said to myself there must be something out there, I refuse to take so many pills a day, well doing my own research found people talking on here acne.org about niacinamide, nicotinamide so I decided to carry on with my research and found a study related to it, where a combination of nicotinamide, zinc, cooper and folic acidappear to be an effective oral therapy for the treatment of acne vulgaris and rosacea. We already know that b5 helps someway somehow to reduce the oil, so all I needed to find was a product with all these vitamins and give it a try! Guess what? Found a company in Australia that sells some pills containing all these vitamins, but wasn't sure, I thought It could be a scam, but after talking to them for some weeks and asking them a lot of questions I decided to try this out, they told me that oil is essential for our skin and that the pills would help me to regulate and decrease the oil, but wouldn't completely disappear which I think is fair enough! It's been a week now and so far so good!

purplxed liked
MemberMember
(@oilyonecanobe)

Posted : 02/16/2016 1:41 pm

Update: I'm using Powdered b5 now. 1 5g spoon in my smoothie in the mornings and 1 at night. Nutribullet blends it all up so easy as can be. Results are very good at the moment, much happier!

MemberMember
(@oilyonecanobe)

Posted : 03/01/2016 8:35 pm

OIL Is 75/% better, more even toned. less oily splat!
Now I have a few milia to tackle, if anyone knows how to treat these plz let me know? Each time I remove them with a needle and pressure they return in the "exact" same spot 5days later. I use aha's, retinoids and bp every day so not much else i can do in that department. Find it strange that they return in the exact same spot each time though.
any ideas? thanks

MemberMember
(@purplxed)

Posted : 03/05/2016 9:21 am

On 23/01/2016 at 2:25 AM, georgealberto said:

Hi there,
good to know that you're doing well. I gave up on B5 cuz got tired of swallowing so many pills a day, said to myself there must be something out there, I refuse to take so many pills a day, well doing my own research found people talking on here acne.org about niacinamide, nicotinamide so I decided to carry on with my research and found a study related to it, where a combination of nicotinamide, zinc, cooper and folic acidappear to be an effective oral therapy for the treatment of acne vulgaris and rosacea. We already know that b5 helps someway somehow to reduce the oil, so all I needed to find was a product with all these vitamins and give it a try! Guess what? Found a company in Australia that sells some pills containing all these vitamins, but wasn't sure, I thought It could be a scam, but after talking to them for some weeks and asking them a lot of questions I decided to try this out, they told me that oil is essential for our skin and that the pills would help me to regulate and decrease the oil, but wouldn't completely disappear which I think is fair enough! It's been a week now and so far so good!

Hi,

How are things going with this supplement? I'm curious to know your progress.

MemberMember
(@oilyonecanobe)

Posted : 03/06/2016 1:00 pm

UPDATE: Oil is under control. Eye area is overly dry though, so i use extra moisturiser. I can't pinpoint dryness so I won't complain.
The regime works, the b5 in my morning smoothie blended up with green veg and fruits is excellent. I don't even notice it.
No pills to swallow, no forcing down 10g of powder.

skin is much dryer, redness is far reduced. Happy to continue with the rergime.
I purchased a 5kg bag of b5 powder, cheapest and least hastle approach to this

MemberMember
(@tyler-r)

Posted : 03/06/2016 3:34 pm

2 hours ago, OilyOneCanobe said:

UPDATE: Oil is under control. Eye area is overly dry though, so i use extra moisturiser. I can't pinpoint dryness so I won't complain.
The regime works, the b5 in my morning smoothie blended up with green veg and fruits is excellent. I don't even notice it.
No pills to swallow, no forcing down 10g of powder.

skin is much dryer, redness is far reduced. Happy to continue with the rergime.
I purchased a 5kg bag of b5 powder, cheapest and least hastle approach to this

Hey Canobe, do you have any acne? I have oily skin just like yours. One hour after washing and its seeping out of my pores. I blot before going to class and afterwards, hour and 15 minutes later, my skin is oily again.

My main problem though is closed comedones. I'm currently using Paula's Choice BHA liquid 2%, but no matter what I do, I have closed comedones on the lower half of my face. They usually inflame into pimples at some point. I don't really get them on nose, cheeks, or forehead.

I think my skin is not being properly exfoliated because of the oil. Even clear areas, like my forehead, still have a rough, slightly bumpy looking texture. I purged a lot of the closed comedones with the BHA, but still they return. It's ridiculous. Any advice? Do you think your regimen would help?

Any problems shaving? I get pimples that have hairs growing through them. Never seen this on anybody with no oil.

MemberMember
(@oilyonecanobe)

Posted : 03/07/2016 4:24 pm

On 3/6/2016 at 8:34 PM, Tyler R said:
Hey Canobe, do you have any acne?  I have oily skin just like yours.  One hour after washing and its seeping out of my pores.  I blot before going to class and afterwards, hour and 15 minutes later, my skin is oily again.  

My main problem though is closed comedones.  I'm currently using Paula's Choice BHA liquid 2%, but no matter what I do, I have closed comedones on the lower half of my face.  They usually inflame into pimples at some point.  I don't really get them on nose, cheeks, or forehead.

I think my skin is not being properly exfoliated because of the oil.  Even clear areas, like my forehead, still have a rough, slightly bumpy looking texture.  I purged a lot of the closed comedones with the BHA, but still they return.  It's ridiculous.  Any advice?  Do you think your regimen would help?

Any problems shaving?  I get pimples that have hairs growing through them.  Never seen this on anybody with no oil.

Hey Tyler, your skin sounds like mine. Yes its the oilyness that stops normal exfoliation, so it just looks irregular with so much unexfoliated skin.
No i don't have acne anymore, this is due to 3 sessions of roaccutane 10years ago. prior to this I had full blown acne. 
I do however have milia, which i'm trying to  tackle atm.
No problems shaving.

Yes this regime could help you, its done it for me. But I can't say for sure if it will take a few weeks or a few months for it to kick in. 
At the moment i take...

B5 POWDER 10g in a green veg and fruit smoothie (nutribullet)
liquid omega 3 
saw palmetto
10% b5 toner ..(i make this mixed with green tea and black tea in hot water, lasts a month once bottled)
Exercise atleast 5min a day- yes its a tiny amount but go all out so your glucose blood lvls will reduce (high intensity does this) Everyone has 5min-do it!- ideally have ur b5 smoothie mixture after this exercise, its what i usually do.

the regime is so much easier since I got the nutribullet and just drop the b5 in with the rest of the smoothie. brilliant"! I used to have to take 20 pills, then i tried adding the powder to a bottle of water and shaking it up for the day. Forget all of that, just blend it and your sorted!

Really hope this works for you too! 
today i woke up with normal oil, and not olive oil face...amazing :) 

MemberMember
(@tyler-r)

Posted : 03/08/2016 5:02 pm

On 3/7/2016 at 4:24 PM, OilyOneCanobe said:
Hey Tyler, your skin sounds like mine. Yes its the oilyness that stops normal exfoliation, so it just looks irregular with so much unexfoliated skin.
No i don't have acne anymore, this is due to 3 sessions of roaccutane 10years ago. prior to this I had full blown acne. 
I do however have milia, which i'm trying to  tackle atm.
No problems shaving.

Yes this regime could help you, its done it for me. But I can't say for sure if it will take a few weeks or a few months for it to kick in. 
At the moment i take...

B5 POWDER 10g in a green veg and fruit smoothie (nutribullet)
liquid omega 3 
saw palmetto
10% b5 toner ..(i make this mixed with green tea and black tea in hot water, lasts a month once bottled)
Exercise atleast 5min a day- yes its a tiny amount but go all out so your glucose blood lvls will reduce (high intensity does this) Everyone has 5min-do it!- ideally have ur b5 smoothie mixture after this exercise, its what i usually do.

the regime is so much easier since I got the nutribullet and just drop the b5 in with the rest of the smoothie. brilliant"! I used to have to take 20 pills, then i tried adding the powder to a bottle of water and shaking it up for the day. Forget all of that, just blend it and your sorted!

Really hope this works for you too! 
today i woke up with normal oil, and not olive oil face...amazing :) 

After doing some more research, it seems as though b5 causes lots of people to lose their hair, or at least thin it to the point of concern.  I don't know if it is worth the risk.  Any hair problems?  I know this is common in most users and can be caused by a lack of other B vitamins, but most people who took a B complex still reported hair loss.  What's worse, when they stopped the b5 they could never regain full hair growth again.  

Besides that, the cheapest I found was 500 grams powder for $50; so 50 days worth approximately.  That seems worth the cost of getting rid of oily skin.  Just wondering how much you pay?  

I can't find that natural food supplement in America.  I'm wondering if the synthetic B complex works less significantly than the food source compound you take.

Also, do you put the whole 10 grams in your blender?  I have a vitamix and would like to take the same approach, but I thought I was supposed to space the doses out?  Any advice is helpful.

After doing some more research, it seems as though b5 causes lots of people to lose their hair, or at least thin it to the point of concern.  I don't know if it is worth the risk.  Any hair problems?  I know this is common in most users and can be caused by a lack of other B vitamins, but most people who took a B complex still reported hair loss.  What's worse, when they stopped the b5 they could never regain full hair growth again.  

Besides that, the cheapest I found was 500 grams powder for $50; so 50 days worth approximately.  That seems worth the cost of getting rid of oily skin.  Just wondering how much you pay?  

I can't find that natural food supplement in America.  I'm wondering if the synthetic B complex works less significantly than the food source compound you take.

Also, do you put the whole 10 grams in your blender?  I have a vitamix and would like to take the same approach, but I thought I was supposed to space the doses out?  Any advice is helpful.