Notifications
Clear all

I've tried everything-- PLEASE help!

MemberMember
(@kaylaware)

Posted : 11/12/2015 6:16 pm

Hello! So after so many years of struggling with painful acne I thought I'd come here. I'm a freshman in college and have had varying kinds of acne for years-- typically concentrated on my cheeks. A list of some of the things I've tried include: no milk, no eggs, no gluten (for years), no soy, no nuts, no beans, no grains, no refined oils (for years), no meat (and haven't had meat treated with antibiotics for years), almost all organic (for years), oil cleansing method (with different oils), the cave-man method, natural soaps, sulfur soaps, dermatologist prescriptions, paula's choice skin care, pretty much everything on the aisle of your local target when I was younger, supplements for zinc, vitamin D, fish oil, probiotics, enzymes, herbal remedies, l-arganine etc., paleo diet, autoimmunity paleo diet, candida diet, vegan diet, traditional chinese medicine diets, teas, sleep, exercise, not using deodorant (for years), natural perfumes or none at all, no lotions, cooking with coconut oil, not eating coconut at all, turmeric-- the list goes on. As of right now, my acne is the worst it's ever been and I'm currently following the autoimmunity paleo diet, supplementing with l-arganine, zinc, probiotics, and enzymes and eating kimchi, chicken with broccoli cooked in coconut oil, and white japanese yams with coconut oil and cinnamon, with the occasional fruit. I don't use deodorant or unnatural perfumes, I don't use commercial soaps, and since being here I've washed with a natural cleanser or used the oil cleansing method. I don't know what to do anymore. My acne appears allergic, but I've tried eliminating so many foods I simply cannot live off of eating what all i've tried cutting down from. I have cystic, red patchy acne and black heads on my forehead, lower cheeks, mouth area, chin and jaw-line. It's itchy and I do not touch my face nor pick at it. Please say someone has a suggestion. :(

MemberMember
(@user465288)

Posted : 11/12/2015 7:16 pm

For how long have you been eating theautoimmunity paleo diet?
Have you seen no progress at all on that diet?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 11/12/2015 7:27 pm

You sound like me. I'm still searching too. Have you considered that you may need to look into hormonal means (such as birth control, spiro or supplements that address those areas)? I know what its like to want to be as natural as possible but if medical means can help, its worth a try.

Good Luck

MemberMember
(@kaylaware)

Posted : 11/12/2015 9:19 pm

For how long have you been eating the autoimmunity paleo diet?
Have you seen no progress at all on that diet?

My only difference in switching to the autoimmunity paleo diet was to eliminate the pecans I was eating and brown rice pasta. My acne and digestive ease has worsened on the diet. I've been following it for about two weeks-- I know, short amount of time, it's just disheartening to see my already horrible skin worsen. :( 

You sound like me.  I'm still searching too.  Have you considered that you may need to look into hormonal means (such as birth control, spiro or supplements that address those areas)?  I know what its like to want to be as natural as possible but if medical means can help, its worth a try.

Good Luck

I have, but I've read about birth control and other hormonal methods' effects on your gut and it's dissuaded me. :s I'd love if there was a natural way to ensure my hormones were balanced-- but I've tried those to no avail, too. Thank you though and good luck to you too!! 

MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 11/17/2015 10:08 pm

On 13/11/2015, 1231, Kaylaware said:

My only difference in switching to the autoimmunity paleo diet was to eliminate the pecans I was eating and brown rice pasta. My acne and digestive ease has worsened on the diet. I've been following it for about two weeks-- I know, short amount of time, it's just disheartening to see my already horrible skin worsen. :( 

I have, but I've read about birth control and other hormonal methods' effects on your gut and it's dissuaded me. :s I'd love if there was a natural way to ensure my hormones were balanced-- but I've tried those to no avail, too. Thank you though and good luck to you too!! 

There are natural ways to try to balance hormones for example DIM and vitex. But it depends on which of your hormones are out of balance? They dont help everyone.

I've tried many diet variations and supplements as well. I do feel my skin improves avoiding processed/junk food but hasn't cured it. I am still experimenting with my diet. What r u eating on paleo? There are different ways of going paleo. Nuts for example are "paleo" but can cause some people to breakout. If i ever find the answer i will let you know :)