What I did when the...

Notifications
Clear all

What I did when the regimen seemed to not work

MemberMember
(@483142_1443953296)

Posted : 11/12/2015 2:30 am

So I had been on the regimen for about three months for my cystic hormonal acne and I had seen some improvement but I was still breaking out like crazy. Its like it wasn't working for me anymore. But I payed close attention to my skin all the while and decided to try a few things. Firstly, I noticed the acne seemed to heal better and faster when my face was super dry. I suppose drying out the pimples is the key to healing (mine would dry up and peel off) So I upped my dosage of bp alot and I only used a small amount of the moisturizer. The flakiness looked awful but, my acne was clearing up again which proved to me that drying out the pimples is key. But I got tired of walking outside with a super dry face. And I wear makeup so it looked a mess. So when 75% of the acne was gone I decided to use a different moisturizer and only spot treat the acne as opposed to putting it on my entire face. This took care of the dry skin issue but I was still breaking out. That's when my bf suggested I stop wearing make-up. Though most of my acne was clear, the hyperpigmentation was too bad. Not wearing markup wasn't an option. So I decided to switch to bare minerals makeup. (I was using Mac studio fix powder before). Ever since switching make-up, I no longer break out. And my acne is 90% gone. I still spot treat with bp and use the cleanser. I also use the moisturizer again because my skin is no longer super dried out from having bp all over my face. The bp is good because it will dry the mess out of your face (which pimples hate), but you have to use alot once your skin gets use to it. The cleanser will dry it out too. I know it sounds weird that I'm saying you should dry out your face, but trust me it works. And if you wear make-up try switching to a matte mineral makeup because it'll be gentler on your skin and work better with the regimen. As far as flakiness is concerned, u gotta deal with it for a few weeks until most of the acne is gone before you switch your moisturizer routine up (if that's what you decide to do)

MemberMember
(@491164_1443953557)

Posted : 11/12/2015 7:17 pm

So I had been on the regimen for about three months for my cystic hormonal acne and I had seen some improvement but I was still breaking out like crazy. Its like it wasn't working for me anymore. But I payed close attention to my skin all the while and decided to try a few things. Firstly, I noticed the acne seemed to heal better and faster when my face was super dry. I suppose drying out the pimples is the key to healing (mine would dry up and peel off) So I upped my dosage of bp alot and I only used a small amount of the moisturizer. The flakiness looked awful but, my acne was clearing up again which proved to me that drying out the pimples is key. But I got tired of walking outside with a super dry face. And I wear makeup so it looked a mess. So when 75% of the acne was gone I decided to use a different moisturizer and only spot treat the acne as opposed to putting it on my entire face. This took care of the dry skin issue but I was still breaking out. That's when my bf suggested I stop wearing make-up. Though most of my acne was clear, the hyperpigmentation was too bad. Not wearing markup wasn't an option. So I decided to switch to bare minerals makeup. (I was using Mac studio fix powder before). Ever since switching make-up, I no longer break out. And my acne is 90% gone. I still spot treat with bp and use the cleanser. I also use the moisturizer again because my skin is no longer super dried out from having bp all over my face. The bp is good because it will dry the mess out of your face (which pimples hate), but you have to use alot once your skin gets use to it. The cleanser will dry it out too. I know it sounds weird that I'm saying you should dry out your face, but trust me it works. And if you wear make-up try switching to a matte mineral makeup because it'll be gentler on your skin and work better with the regimen. As far as flakiness is concerned, u gotta deal with it for a few weeks until most of the acne is gone before you switch your moisturizer routine up (if that's what you decide to do)

i might try this, Its been 6 weeks for me and I am still breaking out, so I will try stop using the moisturizer for now and maybe add some more bp at night. Do you use the aha?

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/15/2015 8:54 am

I really don't like the acne.org moisturiser and after reading your post I actually stopped using it for a few days only cos I knew I wasn't going anywjereI needed to wear make up and I actually feel like although my skin was super dry that it felt much flatter with no new pimples forming. I don't like anything about the moisturiser the smell the way it goes on etc. What moisturiser do you use now ? There's noway I could wear fondation and not use a moisturiser my skin flakes as it is even with using one

MemberMember
(@491164_1443953557)

Posted : 11/15/2015 11:52 am

I went to get a facial and it did wonders for me skin, I know its too early to tell but I stopped with the regimen and only been using the aha at night for about 5 days. My skin is flat, there are no breakouts, only a few spots but I can deal with them.