Notifications
Clear all

How I cleared my skin in 2 months.

MemberMember
(@blameitonmygypsysoul)

Posted : 11/12/2015 12:18 am

FINALLY! 
It seemed like forever but I did it. I cleared my horrific breakout of cystic acne caused by a pregnancy, in 2 months. 
Patience, persistence, and proper treatment were the keys.
it started back in May, when I became pregnant. My skin hated that, apparently. I started to break out very badly all over my face, but most of my cysts were on my cheeks.
With trial and error, I have found what works. 

I decided to go to a dermatologist after multiple over the counter acne washes and treatments left me hopeless. She prescribed me Epiduo gel. That, paired with Burt's Bees acne solutions gel cleanser, helped to get my existing breakouts down to barely anything. She also prescribed a course of antibiotics which I cannot remember the name of... Doxycycline? Or maybe it started with an "M" 
hmmmm...
anyways.
With multiple Walmart facial masks and removing my makeup EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, I'm now left with only post acne red marks, where my headlights of spots used to exist. I'm being very vague because if anyone has questions, please message me. I'm now treating my marks with exfoliation and hydroquinone, in the form of Murad post acne spot lightening gel, and Rodan & Field's "Unblemish" which also helped to fight my breakouts. It's a miracle, y'all. 
But here's a before and after,  September 12th 2015, to November 12th 2015. 
I would say it's a great improvement.
now to nix all of these scars..... 

image.jpeg

Sawuahh liked
MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 11/12/2015 3:07 pm

howlong did u take antibiotics for...u took them while u were pregnant?

MemberMember
(@blameitonmygypsysoul)

Posted : 11/12/2015 11:46 pm

No, I didn't. I miscarried a few weeks after I found out, :/ but... I took them for 60 days. I had two 30 day supplies.

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 11/13/2015 11:13 am

Im sorry to hear that. I freaking hate antibiotics. Most of the time, the clear skin is temporary. How long have you been off it?
but aside from all that negativity, thats great! Your skin looks fantastic

MemberMember
(@blameitonmygypsysoul)

Posted : 11/13/2015 11:15 am

I never had any problems with acne before that, so I know it was just because of the hormonal spike. But I've been off of them for a few months now :)  now it's just to maintain.