Notifications
Clear all

Glycolic Acid 70%

MemberMember
(@bumpee)

Posted : 11/11/2015 4:48 pm

Hi everyone.

I ordered the 70% glycolic acid peel and it arrived today. But Im now Im afraid to use it. Any tips ?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 11/11/2015 5:16 pm

using distilled water mix a 50/50 combination to dilute the 70% to 35%

then follow instructions, and go slow do the minimum time...and gauge reaction....slow and steady, if your skin can handle it then you move up time and strength

the horror stories come from those who do too much too soon

good luck and keep us posted!

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 11/27/2015 2:50 am

Yes, if you are not carful you will have an acid burn on your skin. If you are new to using chemical peels, I highly recommend starting at a much lower dose, like 30-40%, andincrease and you see fit. There are plenty of instructions online, so I would do more in depth research when you have some free time.

MemberMember
(@bumpee)

Posted : 12/04/2015 9:18 am

I have good and bad news. The good news is the millions of holes are closing up. However Im getting alot of outbreaks. Is this because the glycolic acid bringing the hidden bumps to the surface. Ugh. I look so ugly. But I am happy that the holes are closing up.

MemberMember
(@claydog)

Posted : 01/04/2016 2:36 am

Glycolic acid is meant to address signs of aging. Instead of using glycolic acids, look for salicylicacid peels. Salicylic or beta-hydroxy-acids help cleans and reduce oils within the pores unlike glycolic or alpha-hydroxy acids. You can find lots of salicylic acid peels for order on the internet. I would not order a solution higher than 20% since you seem new to chemical peeling.

Basically the general steps to a chemical peel:

1.) wash face

2.) apply chemical peel

3.) leave on for 1-15 min depending on your tolerance

4.) wash face with cold water

5.) neutralize peel (optional in my opinion) with baking soda and water

6.) follow with serum and or moisturizer

7.) wear sunscreen religiously for the following week while using a gentle face wash.

MemberMember
(@bumpee)

Posted : 01/04/2016 8:17 pm

Hey Claydog thanks for your response. Im allergic to salicylic acid. Although my skin purged from the glycolic acid peel I liked the results better than with the tretoin cream Im using. I see some serious smile lines and more lines in general since using the tretinoin cream. Im not used to these lines. Can I use a glycolic peel and also use the tretinoin cream ?

MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 01/18/2016 2:50 pm

Tretinoin is actually used as an anti-aging cream, so it shouldn't be causing lines.

You could probably use both, but the tretinoin will probably do a good enough job on its own.

MemberMember
(@bumpee)

Posted : 02/14/2016 7:29 pm

I think the lines were temporary. I have not had them sense the first couple of weeks, although lately Im noticing some lines again.