Anyone else feel li...

Notifications
Clear all

Anyone else feel like giving up? 6 weeks in and worse than ever...

MemberMember
(@491164_1443953557)

Posted : 11/10/2015 11:12 pm

Acne sucks, period. I never thought this will be so psychologically debilitating. I am 6 weeks in the treatment with absolutely no signs of progress. I break out continuously. I still get cystic breakouts and my left cheek is almost covered in them, I have never seem my face this horrible. I never ever want to leave my house so I am highly considering going on Accutane, I have mild to moderate acne but I am feeling desperate. I received the booklet for Accutane from my dermatologist, it is truly scary but I don't know what else to do at this point.

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/11/2015 4:09 pm

I'm four and a half weeks in reduced my bp
and thought the last few days things started to improve but I really don't think they are im
still breaking out.

i really don't like the moisturiser I feel like it breaks me out.

I find it weird that the reviews are all really good but the comments from the people on the forum say different.

MemberMember
(@491164_1443953557)

Posted : 11/11/2015 11:08 pm

and thought the last few days things started to improve but I really don't think they are im
still breaking out.

I find it weird that the reviews are all really good but the comments from the people on the forum say different.

My worst breakouts so far happen on week 3 and week 5. I also decreased the amount of bp. This week I had 4 new breakouts but 2 are gone, only 2 are left which were cystic but aren't as big as the one I got on week 5. Tonight I will no longer use the moisturizer, only the aha and see if that helps. I am also going to a spa tomorrow, I will start a treatment called Iclear phototherapy. The treatments can be a bit pricey but it will be way cheaper for me than going on Accutane.

MemberMember
(@483142_1443953296)

Posted : 11/12/2015 2:38 am

The same thing happened to me. I actually just made a post about how I got it to work for me. I basically just dried my skin out to get the acne to dry out and peel off. I did this by upping my bp dosage and using a little of the moisturizer instead of the two pumps.I also waited for my skin to dry out at least 10mins after cleansing before adding bp. My face looked and felt like a dry mess for a few good weeks but most of the acne did dry up and peel off. I'd suggest ditching the moisturizer for a while if your skin is oily. But I'd try drying out the acne before trying anything pricey or invasive.

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/12/2015 11:30 am

still breaking out.

My worst breakouts so far happen on week 3 and week 5. I also decreased the amount of bp. This week I had 4 new breakouts but 2 are gone, only 2 are left which were cystic but aren't as big as the one I got on week 5. Tonight I will no longer use the moisturizer, only the aha and see if that helps. I am also going to a spa tomorrow, I will start a treatment called Iclear phototherapy. The treatments can be a bit pricey but it will be way cheaper for me than going on Accutane.

it's so annoying that we keep breaking out its like one area of my face starts getting clear then another area breaks out .. My chins clearing up now but the right side of my face which was clear since week 2 of the regimen now has 4 new break outs and my chin is so flaky it's beyond embarrassing.

Im waiting for my aha to be delivered then im gonna start using it cos I've heard it's really good with flakes but I didn't think you could use it with active break outs ?

Good luck with your treatment