Notifications
Clear all

Any success with Retin-a after acctuane?

MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 11/09/2015 8:45 pm

Got of accutane this year June. The inflammatory acne is finally going down slowly, He told me if i got of accutane it would scar like that for life, Now i relized i shouldnt of listen to him and been of this medication a year ago it fuc*ing Destroyed me! EVERYTHING in moderation is OKAY, Don't get me wrong. 

I have really bad redness / red marks, I have left it for a good 6 months and there still really dam red, Anyone tried retin-a after accutane or anything else to help the redness? I've only got probably max 10 pimples after stopping acctuane, I get 2-3 at a time every couple of weeks when i tend to have friends over and pig out on shit food it seems to happen, So hopefully i'm lucky and my acne does not return bad, But these red marks are just as bad as having acne,

Any advice , please! Thanks :)

MemberMember
(@sassypear)

Posted : 11/09/2015 8:55 pm

No luck with Retin A (0.1%) It made my red marks worse so I stopped using it after 3 months. Topicals/peels had no effect.

But here's an interesting thread on Reddit:

[removed]

MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 11/09/2015 9:01 pm

That's not good to hear sassy, Hope you find something!

Sassypear liked
MemberMember
(@sassypear)

Posted : 11/09/2015 9:21 pm

You too. Red marks are fucking annoying. I don't understand why they lasts so long. Mine takes up to 2 years to fade.

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 11/10/2015 1:07 am

I believe there was a laser specifically for red marks. I think it was Vbeam or something. It's supposed to be a lot cheaper than the more powerful lasers, so there is that option. But the above poster is right, red marks take months or years to fade, and someof them permanently turn into brown spots.. (Specifically the ones on my cheeks and temples)

MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 11/10/2015 4:08 am

Thanks mate, Yeah you're right i'm looking into Vbeam now

Thanks