7 weeks in.. no goo...

Notifications
Clear all

7 weeks in.. no good

MemberMember
(@alicebxo)

Posted : 11/09/2015 10:59 am

I have been on the acne.org regimen for 7 weeks now.. I do not wear face makeup and abide by the rules yet I'm still breaking out daily.
I can deal with the dry flaking skin but I really don't think this is going to work for me and my next option is Accutane which I've done before and REALLY don't wanna do again.... help!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 11/09/2015 1:07 pm

Took me almost 4 months to get consistent results. Was about to give up too. Stick with it for at least that long.

MemberMember
(@491164_1443953557)

Posted : 11/09/2015 2:13 pm

Same here, I am on my 6th week and still breaking out consistently. I am doing this before going on Accutane since nothing else has worked for me. I am ready to give up as well :(

MemberMember
(@alicebxo)

Posted : 11/09/2015 2:29 pm

Same here, I am on my 6th week and still breaking out consistently. I am doing this before going on Accutane since nothing else has worked for me. I am ready to give up as well :(

it's really hard isn't it.. I can't look people in the eye and don't go out on nights out to stop myself from wearing makeup as I'm scared even if I put a bit of concealer on it'll go crazy! I have been on accutane before and definitely don't want to go back down that route xx

Took me almost 4 months to get consistent results.  Was about to give up too.  Stick with it for at least that long.

Thank you. I'll stick it out x

MemberMember
(@491164_1443953557)

Posted : 11/09/2015 2:41 pm

it's really hard isn't it.. I can't look people in the eye and don't go out on nights out to stop myself from wearing makeup as I'm scared even if I put a bit of concealer on it'll go crazy! I have been on accutane before and definitely don't want to go back down that route xx

Took me almost 4 months to get consistent results.  Was about to give up too.  Stick with it for at least that long.

It truly is, I was feeling exceptionally depressed last night and used this site to vent, here you can see my rant http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/354110-help-dealing-with-depression-need-some-ecouragement/ .
I feel EXACTLY the same way as you do. I have started to look up some holistic doctors, apparently food allergies can also cause acne. Check this out
http://www.holisticdermatology.com/10NaturalAcneSecrets.pdf . At this point I am willing to try everything honestly, I am scared of going on accutane though, not going to lie.

MemberMember
(@alicebxo)

Posted : 11/09/2015 3:00 pm

It truly is, I was feeling exceptionally depressed last night and used this site to vent, here you can see my rant http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/354110-help-dealing-with-depression-need-some-ecouragement/ .
I feel EXACTLY the same way as you do. I have started to look up some holistic doctors, apparently food allergies can also cause acne. Check this out
http://www.holisticdermatology.com/10NaturalAcneSecrets.pdf . At this point I am willing to try everything honestly, I am scared of going on accutane though, not going to lie.

thank you, I'm have a look! Yeah don't go on accutane unless you HAVE too.. I have so many intolerances that were caused by by me using roaccutane. It completely messed me up and ever since taking it, I can't have milk or wheat!!!! It cleared my skin but your health is the important thing and it certainly isn't worth it.... xx

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/09/2015 3:20 pm

I've just started my 5th week and from reading all the reviews and success stories I was expecting much better results.

i don't wear make up every day but I went through a period where I didn't wear any and it didn't change my acne at all so I don't think this even contributes to mine as mine is hormonal.

Like you I was considering this before accutane but I really don't wanna go on that I have bad anxiety sometimes and I feel like that I'll make it worse.

One post I read quite far along in this forum was from girl who was quite a few weeks in like you and her acne was getting worse she has pictures to show this, she reduced the amount of BP to just the pea size morning and night and the result pics were Amazin. I noticed aswell that by the end of my 3rd week things seemed to be getting better I then uped my dosage to half a fingers length and it's then when I started breaking out.

I know Dan Says you must use a generous amount of this stuff but I've gown back to using the pea size as I don't have spots all over I'm going to see how I get on with this

MemberMember
(@alicebxo)

Posted : 11/09/2015 5:53 pm

I've just started my 5th week and from reading all the reviews and success stories I was expecting much better results.

i don't wear make up every day but I went through a period where I didn't wear any and it didn't change my acne at all so I don't think this even contributes to mine as mine is hormonal.

Like you I was considering this before accutane but I really don't wanna go on that I have bad anxiety sometimes and I feel like that I'll make it worse.

One post I read quite far along in this forum was from girl who was quite a few weeks in like you and her acne was getting worse she has pictures to show this, she reduced the amount of BP to just the pea size morning and night and the result pics were Amazin. I noticed aswell that by the end of my 3rd week things seemed to be getting better I then uped my dosage to half a fingers length and it's then when I started breaking out.

I know Dan Says you must use a generous amount of this stuff but I've gown back to using the pea size as I don't have spots all over I'm going to see how I get on with this

thanks Natalie, I might try a small amount of BP instead.. I suffer with anxiety sometimes too so accutane is a big no no for me, I've done it done and that was enough! X

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/10/2015 3:29 am

thanks Natalie, I might try a small amount of BP instead.. I suffer with anxiety sometimes too so accutane is a big no no for me, I've done it done and that was enough! X

I don't want to speak to Soon but since Sunday I've been using a small amount of BP again and using clindamycin aswell on my chin and my spots have improved significantly I had about 4 on my left side and 5 on my right now I have one on my left and 2 on my right side and there drying up. I'm defo going to stick to just the pea size amount maybe you should try it x

MemberMember
(@alicebxo)

Posted : 11/10/2015 6:41 am

I will give it a go, thanks for your advice! I had 6 spots come up yesterday in places I've never had spots before! and they stay red and sore for ages which is not fun... Fingers crossed it'll work xx

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/10/2015 9:22 am

I will give it a go, thanks for your advice! I had 6 spots come up yesterday in places I've never had spots before! and they stay red and sore for ages which is not fun... Fingers crossed it'll work xx

luckily I haven't experienced them popping up in places where I don't usually get them I think this is cos I only put the BP on the areas I get the spots. My forehead has never been an issue so I don't even use the moisturiser on that incase It spreads the BP to it and it breaks out. Good luck ! Xx

MemberMember
(@491164_1443953557)

Posted : 11/10/2015 3:24 pm

Yes, just like natalilucy said maybe try decreasing the amount of bp you are using, that is what I have been doing for the past two days. I am on my 6th week and still breaking out, still have not seen a great improvement but I am trying to be patient and think that it is coming soon. Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@alicebxo)

Posted : 11/12/2015 7:33 am

Yes, just like natalilucy said maybe try decreasing the amount of bp you are using, that is what I have been doing for the past two days. I am on my 6th week and still breaking out, still have not seen a great improvement but I am trying to be patient and think that it is coming soon. Good luck :)

thank you! Let me know how it goes for you!! I guess we all just have to be super patient xx

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/12/2015 11:31 am

thank you! Let me know how it goes for you!! I guess we all just have to be super patient xx

I thought after decreasing it I started seeing an improvement now my chins clearing up but I have break outs on my right cheek which was compelely clear last week ! So annoying 

MemberMember
(@491164_1443953557)

Posted : 11/15/2015 11:48 am

I thought after decreasing it I started seeing an improvement now my chins clearing up but I have break outs on my right cheek which was compelely clear last week ! So annoying 

I decided to go for a facial, it did wonder for my skin, I also stopped the regimen for a few days and only been using the aha at night. My skin is clear and bump free, I only have a few spots but that's it.

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/15/2015 1:44 pm

I decided to go for a facial, it did wonder for my skin, I also stopped the regimen for a few days and only been using the aha at night. My skin is clear and bump free, I only have a few spots but that's it.

what is the aha like ? Does it really burn your skin some People have said it makes it flakey but I thought it did the opposite 

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/15/2015 3:59 pm

It stings and makes my face flaky. That's what it does, but it helps with acne and evens skin tone.

Can I use Indian healing Clay mask once a week while on the regimen? (It will be my 2nd month on the 20th on November :) ) But my face is still kind of flaky. Is this normal?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/15/2015 7:56 pm

You probably can. It's a good idea to get clear first and then add in one variable at a time (such as a mask). You'd be able to see how your skin reacts to it.

For some people flakiness simply doesn't go away; although it does significantly subside for most. If flakiness is a constant issue, you can use a scrub. But remember: get clear first because scrubbing is the last thing that inflammatory acne needs. :)

Thank you, I don't have any active pimples anymore, just the flakiness!! :)

MemberMember
(@mohammedhazara)

Posted : 11/19/2015 9:07 pm

With the BP, do you have to use the acne.org one? or can you use something like benzac 2.5%? isnt it all the same

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/20/2015 2:36 am

5 hours ago, mohammedhazara said:

With the BP, do you have to use the acne.org one? or can you use something like benzac 2.5%? isnt it all the same

I think some people do use other brands but to follow the regimen exactly I would use dans BP but if it's the same strength etc then I don't think there's nesc anything wrong with doing that although I would personally use the regimens

MemberMember
(@mohammedhazara)

Posted : 12/09/2015 2:28 am

The bp has caused these weird cracks on my chin that peel off and some have started bleeding. i use moisturiser. has anyone had this problem?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/09/2015 3:13 am

44 minutes ago, mohammedhazara said:

The bp has caused these weird cracks on my chin that peel off and some have started bleeding. i use moisturiser. has anyone had this problem?

I only had flaky skin, maybe you are allergic.