Notifications
Clear all

Strange skin texture on Epiduo - side effect? PICTURE

MemberMember
(@banana-fly)

Posted : 11/09/2015 7:44 am

I am currently on epiduo and tetralysal for acne.

ive been using epiduo now for a week. My skin slightly burns when I put it on/after using moisturizer, but it's honestly not been that bad or red. Sometimes my face itches during the day but I don't touch it.

However my skin texture has become so weird! I don't know if you can see it in my photos, but the skin has gotten tiny tiny tiny bumps all over (scaly?), almost like goosebumps. It looks quite awful even if you can only see it up close.

is this normal? Should I call my doctor? Could it be allergies? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@banana-fly)

Posted : 11/09/2015 7:59 am

Anyone??

I'm scared that it's like a rash and that I'm allergic. I'm not getting any major discomfort though so I hope it's not...!

MemberMember
(@worriedscared1)

Posted : 11/20/2015 6:46 pm

Looks like acne to me but see a dermatologist to be safe

MemberMember
(@ee1996)

Posted : 05/03/2017 12:26 pm

Hey. I know this was posted a long time ago, but I just started epiduo yesterday and im experiencing exactly what youre describing. Tiny tiny tiny bumps all over my skin. Ive just finished accutane two months ago so this is just to prevent the acne from coming back, but i know those bumps are not acne. Did you find out if it was an allergic reaction? Did it stop coming as you continued the epiduo treatment, or did it keep coming? I dont know if i should continue the treatment or not. My skin is not red, no itching, not burning, just these small bumps all over. I hope you see this, im in desperate need of advise! Thank you :)

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 05/05/2017 6:34 am

On 03/05/2017 at 10:56 PM, ee1996 said:

Hey. I know this was posted a long time ago, but I just started epiduo yesterday and im experiencing exactly what youre describing. Tiny tiny tiny bumps all over my skin. Ive just finished accutane two months ago so this is just to prevent the acne from coming back, but i know those bumps are not acne. Did you find out if it was an allergic reaction? Did it stop coming as you continued the epiduo treatment, or did it keep coming? I dont know if i should continue the treatment or not. My skin is not red, no itching, not burning, just these small bumps all over. I hope you see this, im in desperate need of advise! Thank you :)

did you really complete your course of accutane?..i mean whats the use of taking isotretinoin if you have to use some topical stuff after your course

MemberMember
(@ee1996)

Posted : 05/06/2017 1:59 pm

Yes, six months. To maintain and prevent the problems from coming back as i saidabove