Notifications
Clear all

I need help!! Its important!

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 11/08/2015 4:08 pm

Hello acne.org menbers!!  I rarely write here since I found a way to control my acne but Im suffering with a new "skin desease". So I would be thankful for some help  
*Pardon for my bad writting, Im swiss and Portuguese* 

To resume it I think I suffer from chronic urticaria. Since a year now I started to get red patches/pimples on my face and chest that stays 24 hours or less, their size can change and some of them have clear liquid inside without reason. At first It didnt really bother me since I would get them only once a week.
But the breakouts started to get more and more frequent. I went to see a doctor in the emergencies to show her. She said it was acne. I didnt trust her diagnostic she just get a glance on my face  but I didnt do anything.

As the time passes I started to get panicked so I made some research on internet about it and I found that hives/urticaria was the best description of my problem since my pimples were really itchy. 

Without conviction I bought zyrtec 10 mg a day. It worked miracly well!! I was so happy but after 2 weeks of use it stopped to work so I quit it. The hives got worse, I started to get red burning patches from water and from exercice.

Desesperate I went to a dermatologist. He couldnt get a diagnostic bcz my face was clear at the moment. But he got me a presciption antihistamin bilaxten to test in 2 months. 
It didnt really work so I told him that I would like to test the bilaxten at night and zyrtec at morning. It worked for one week and it stopped to work again.

The dermatologist didnt know what to do with me anymore so he adviced me to go the hospital in the allergic section.

I made several tests, allergic and parasite etc... All negative except for bug mites but that I already knew since Im a kid. 
The allergist give me attarax and zyrtec to take for 1 month. If no results I could get xolair injections. Ok great news!! I started the medication it was working alot but not that much plus I had to stop it bcz I couldnt tolerate atarax.  I went back to the hospital and explained. But at the  last moment the doctor didn't want me to get the xolair injections anymore. Since my hives only get bad at night or morning. I rarelly get the chance to show them. Now Im all alone without knowing what to do.

I already tried the low histamin and salicylate diet it doesnt really make big difference. Im also drinking green smoothies everyday. Working out doing a low carb no gluten, free sugar, low dairy no processed food diet. I only eat cabages, green veggies, soaked quinoa, soaked brown rice, chiken, sometimes red meat, apples and pears and sometimes bananas, soaked pumpking seeds and pecan nuts,  frech fish, celery, rice/quinoa milk, carob powder and sometimes black chocolate 85% and I try to drink more water. To be honest this diet and new skincare has helped my hormonal acne alooot but not the hives :'(

I tought by being more healty it would help but not really.  Sometimes I wonder if I really suffer from chronic idiopathic urticaria. All that I know its that it can respond to antihistamin so im sure its not acne. I get them eveyday 2 to 20  but most of time I have 5/10 in one day. Their shape and size can be different. Some of them  are really itchy and hot at touch with clear fluid inside. I wanted to post some pictures so you could have a better look but it doesnt work :/

Do you guys have any similar  experience or advice. I already tried so many ways but nothing really works. 
This is making me depressed I hate it I really want to find out what I have and what can I do. I almost never leave my house because of it.
I hope I will have some answers. 

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 11/09/2015 10:36 pm

Hi Porswis,
Sorry to hear the trouble you are having.  The dermatologists society here in NZ have a page about urticaria that you could look at although you have probably seen similar information.  http://www.dermnetnz.org/reactions/urticaria.html  
Sounds like it can be an allergic reaction so have a think about whether you have changed laundry detergent or shower soap or something before this started happening.
If you think some skin dwelling mites might be part of the cause perhaps using a chlorhexidine wash for a period of time could be worth a try.
Maybe someone else with some experience of this condition will have some other thoughts for you.
Good luck

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 11/10/2015 4:58 am

Thanks for the r

Hi Porswis,
Sorry to hear the trouble you are having.  The dermatologists society here in NZ have a page about urticaria that you could look at although you have probably seen similar information.  http://www.dermnetnz.org/reactions/urticaria.html  
Sounds like it can be an allergic reaction so have a think about whether you have changed laundry detergent or shower soap or something before this started happening.
If you think some skin dwelling mites might be part of the cause perhaps using a chlorhexidine wash for a period of time could be worth a try.
Maybe someone else with some experience of this condition will have some other thoughts for you.
Good luck

Thanks for the reply Jazzguy! I tought nobody would answer me since is not something related to acne.
Il check out the link you give me :)
Well I dont think its from allergies because I changed all my skincare, laundry and I even bought a bed anti allergies wish cost me alot of money. I think my hives started to appear during a emotional state of my life. I lost my grand-mother 3 weeks ago and since then my hives have been worse.

I hope soo. I really want to get a better life.
Thank you! 

Jazzguy liked
MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 11/10/2015 8:48 pm

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother 🙁 It is always very sad to lose a close relative. I'm sure you have many special memories of her to carry with you and she would want you to be happy and enjoy life too!

Porswis liked
MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 11/11/2015 2:11 am

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother 🙁 It is always very sad to lose a close relative. I'm sure you have many special memories of her to carry with you and she would want you to be happy and enjoy life too!

Thank you for the kindwords :')
Its indeed very hard. It will take me time to accept this situation.
I knew she wants me to be happy. She would always say me that. Thats why I want to be better not only for me but for my grandmother too.