Notifications
Clear all

Model with Hyperpigmentation?! HELP!!

MemberMember
(@riley-k)

Posted : 11/07/2015 1:35 pm

I am a 21 year old caucasian female who has suffered from acne since I was about 15. FINALLY I got it under control and my face has cleared up. However, my acne has left me with red marks/hyperpigmentation all over my cheeks, chin, and jawline. Its not terrible, but its embarrassing none the less. I just got signed with a modeling agency 2 weeks ago, and I have my first portfolio shoot at the end of the month. I am very fair skinned and every single tiny pimple seems to leave a mark regardless if I pick at it or not. Has anyone been in my situation/ can suggest some non-irratating solutions? Has anyone ever successfully modeled with acne/hyperpigmentation? Any little bit of information helps. I have wanted to model since I was a little girl, and now my dream has finally come true and yet my face is such a confidence ruiner.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 11/07/2015 8:20 pm

Well, if you got onto the agency in the first time it really isn't that severe or noticeable I would imagine, and if it is just flat hyperpigmentation then just some makeup should do the trick, surely?

check out cassandra bankson on youtube. She's a model who suffers from a moderate amount of acne, bit still does very very well.

MemberMember
(@convinceme)

Posted : 11/07/2015 11:31 pm

Look, as much as I would like to comfort you over your 'predicament', I can quite confidently say that your situation is not something to lose sleep over. If you got signed on by a modelling agency, it means they have accepted your looks, your face and whatever else comes along with it. Else, they wouldn't have taken the risk of not having a single client book you for shoots.

I'm not going to speculate what your current condition is like, but have you seen some of the photos of actual forummers circulating around here? Those are real acne we're talking about. Persistent and damaging. If anything, I'd hazard a guess that you're exaggerating the severity of your condition. And you said it yourself, "it's not terrible". You got in as a model and now you're fretting that those teeny weeny blemishes could 'ruin' you. There's nothing foundation can't cover (you're a model right?) I suppose this is not the right forum for you. You could perhaps try Makeupalley where they discuss the latest in-vogue cosmetics for people without acne or negligible acne.

hugh1995 liked
MemberMember
(@maryhursey1234)

Posted : 11/08/2015 1:47 am

Don't worry hyperpigmentation goes away. It's nothing to worry about. And If it's flat then all you have to do is cover it with a bit of foundation correct? Good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 11/08/2015 3:03 am

Ask your dermatologist about chemical peels, they help with scarring. Look into alpha hydroxy acids, acne.org carries one. They help very well with scarring 🙂

MemberMember
(@riley-k)

Posted : 11/09/2015 11:04 am

@Convincemeif you weren't going to give a real answer, why would you even bother replying and wasting my time? I suffered from severe acne for years and just recently I got it under control, so how dare you have the audacity to assume that I don't know what it's like to have "real acne". I know exactly what its like to have "real acne" and it is flat out awful. Finally I had to go on accutane to clear it up. So no, I don't deal with "teeny weeny" blemishes, I have dealt with giant painful cysts. But thank you for stereotyping models and acting like you know me?? I am extremely lucky that I was finally, after 7 years, able to get it under control and pursue my dream. But as anyone with "real acne" knows, most of the time it leaves dark marks and/or hyper-pigmentation. And now since I have a career that literally requires me to have flawless skin, yes I would like to try and take care of the problem. Is that really offensive to you or something? If you don't have anything to nice to say, then keep your sarcastic comments to yourself. Not only is it rude to mock someone's genuine question, its immature.

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 11/10/2015 4:35 pm

Riley.. I would be honest and tell u ...try something natural or allow time to heal your rd marks. you don't want to risk breaking out again just to get rid of the marks. treating your skin with new products or treatments is a gamble...and that's what i just did and messed up my skin again. be patient if u can

MemberMember
(@princesshaley)

Posted : 11/12/2015 2:53 pm

You could always try essential oils. Products by doTERRA are awesome!