Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mitters

Have some questions about tretinone gel

Hey,

I got put on Doxycycline 7 weeks ago and a lot of my acne is fading. I never really had much compared to other people but I had and still have some color differences in my face, especially my nose, which also has scars. Anyway, I'm on doxy for 7 weeks and my derm said its going well and prescribed me Trecnilac (tretinoïne) gel. I have to finish my Doxy dose, there are 10 pills left and then I have to continue with this stuff.

Some questions.

1. Can I spot reduce with the gel or do I have to use it on my whole face? If possible I would only use it on my nose and some parts under my jaw.
2. Will this break me out really bad?
3. Anyone have some success stories?

Thanks in advance and excuse any spelling errors, it's not my native language.

You have to use it on your entire face.  If your acne wasn't severe inflammatory before doxycycline, I don't think that you will breakout. Tretinoin is excellent, I've used it for years with good results 

Edited by acnehardcase

Yes. Use it on your whole face. I have tried the 0.05% gel for several months. Stopped it a week ago & started back on my Lumiplexion regimen. My skin has improved 90%. I hated tretinoin!

Edited by Robswife2