Notifications
Clear all

Acne is controlling me

MemberMember
(@witknee2)

Posted : 11/06/2015 2:48 am

These past few months have been so tough on me. I'm having the most worst break outs that I've ever had in a very long time. It's getting to the point where I can't function or think of anything else . I can't even focus on homework and I don't want to go to study groups because im too afraid of people seeing my acne. The other day my landlord asked me " What happen to your face , it used to be so clear". My confidence just went from 10 to -100. I promise. I balled in tears and just was grossed out about myself. I really know that I can't have this attitude. It's hardly feeling beautiful when your chin and forehead are covered in zits. I feel so self absorbed and really with I didn't worry. But im noticing people bring attention to it and it's killing me. I want my life back again. I am such a friendly outgoing person and don't want something like acne controlling my life. If I can find some way to control my acne I can get my life back .

EmilyDent, Sassypear, aj1998 and 2 people liked
MemberMember
(@witknee2)

Posted : 11/06/2015 5:16 pm

Its okay. I need to be more strong willed. I appreciate it though.

54321 liked
MemberMember
(@caseyjjj)

Posted : 11/06/2015 5:34 pm

I'm sorry, I totally feel you. I used to never have very bad acne and now it's the only thing on my mind. I look at my friends who have perfect skin and I always feel so uncomfortable. But we can get through this together and I bet you're still beautiful inside and out!

Witknee2 and 54321 liked
MemberMember
(@witknee2)

Posted : 11/06/2015 6:42 pm

The thing is I don't care to have perfect skin. I just don't want bumps. I wouldn't mind having a little discoloration. I can easily cover that up. Im not aiming for perfect. Acne is a signal. Its a signal that something is off or off balance with your health. I want to find what it is. But your are right i need to remind myself that i am beautiful because i am. But i feel so ugly.

Thank you Casey hun. We will get through this!! I love this website because it gives so much support and you feel comfortable because there are people who are experiencing the same exact thing

Caseyjjj and 54321 liked
MemberMember
(@carly071)

Posted : 11/06/2015 7:51 pm

Hi! I am going through the exact same thing right now, the worst breakouts that I have ever had and horrible self-esteem. I tear up whenever I look in the mirror and can't make eye contact with people unless we are in very dim lighting. I have a pretty good self-confidence when my skin is clear, but I feel so ugly and worthless when I look like this. The one thing that has helped me so far is thinking a couple of things that might help you too. I remind myself that this phase won't matter in a year. No one is going to think "wow remember that one time that she had a horrible break out?" No one cares as much as we do. We spend all of this time obsessing in mirrors and checking our faces in our phone screens, but no one even takes a second glance at us because almost EVERYONE has had acne and we aren't that special. People tend to worry about themselves and we think that they care much more than they do. Another thing that really helps is seeing other people with acne (which is almost anywhere you look) and realizing how you think of them. I don't see other people's acne when i look at them. I see their eyes, their smile, and evaluate them based on their personality, not what they look like. Normal, sane people do not belittle other people because of their acne. We need to learn to see ourselves beyond our complexions. I hope you feel better soon! (:

MemberMember
(@lemon30)

Posted : 11/11/2015 2:53 am

I feel the same way! I had that my acne, something I fee I have no control over, is CONTROLLING ME! I'm a pretty social person and love meeting new people, but with my acne steadily getting worse all I want to to is hid in my room with the lights off. I think about my acne constantly too, and I hate it! I'm trying to take small steps to get back to "normal" by challenging myself to do a few of social things every day without obsessing over my acne. Anything to keep this awful disease from dictating what I do.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 11/11/2015 3:04 pm

These past few months have been so tough on me. I'm having the most worst break outs that I've ever had in a very long time. It's getting to the point where I can't function or think of anything else . I can't even focus on homework and I don't want to go to study groups because im too afraid of people seeing my acne. The other day my landlord asked me " What happen to your face , it used to be so clear". My confidence just went from 10 to -100. I promise. I balled in tears and just was grossed out about myself. I really know that I can't have this attitude. It's hardly feeling beautiful when your chin and forehead are covered in zits. I feel so self absorbed and really with I didn't worry. But im noticing people bring attention to it and it's killing me. I want my life back again. I am such a friendly outgoing person and don't want something like acne controlling my life. If I can find some way to control my acne I can get my life back .

To me it looks like it is an obsession. My advice: seek professional help.