Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueDog88

Has anyone used Infini RF?

I hadn't heard a lot about RF microneedling until @sts54 brought it up in another thread of mine, but after looking into it the process seems to yield some good results for scars and doctors have a lot of good things to say about it online (although I lot of them are by the same doctor who seems to really be pushing the machine). 

Anyway, has anyone used it? Seen good results? It seems to be similar to intracell or fractora. It's not really common but it has been around in the US for a few years now, so I'm surprised I couldnt find alot about it on this forum. Any input would be appreciated! I might look into getting it done

Yes. I've had 1 treatment with Infini at Phi-clinic in London and it done absolutely nothing, total waste of £500 for me.

did you just do the 1 treatment because you saw no improvement? or did the doctor only advise the 1 treatment?

it seems like most things online advise a series is why I'm asking.

how was your downtime if you don't mind me asking?

I've just had an Infini treatment at the Clifford Clinic in Singapore, just 3 days ago. I've done 4 passes on my cheeks at different needle depths, 2.5, 2.0, 1.5 and 1.0 mm. Pain wasn't too bad as I've had numbing cream applied twice and local injections of anesthetic. The skin is red immediately after, and the redness continues for 1-2 days after. Just like how it normally recovers after dermarolling. My skin already looks pretty normal today. I was given an antibiotic, and a soothing serum for post-treatment application. 

Dr Gerard Ee showed me some great before/after photos of his patients who had the infini for acne scaring and they looked really impressive. The collagen production will peak at around a month and continues up to 6 months. I read that Inifini by lutronic is more promising than fractora and Evolastin due to its predictability. [Source: https://stevenfweinermd.wordpress.com/2013/09/22/dr-steve-weiner-finally-a-radiofrequency-rf-skin-tightening-device-that-makes-sense-infini-by-lutronic/] Its needles are up to 3.5mm so I can imagine it to be able to treat deep ice-pick scars.

I do not have any results photo, but only the recovery downtime photos.

recovery.jpg

Edited by cindity

I've just had an Infini treatment at the Clifford Clinic in Singapore, just 3 days ago. I've done 4 passes on my cheeks at different needle depths, 2.5, 2.0, 1.5 and 1.0 mm. Pain wasn't too bad as I've had numbing cream applied twice and local injections of anesthetic. The skin is red immediately after, and the redness continues for 1-2 days after. Just like how it normally recovers after dermarolling. My skin already looks pretty normal today. I was given an antibiotic, and a soothing serum for post-treatment application. 

The Dr showed me some great before/after photos of his patients who had the infini for acne scaring and they looked really impressive. The collagen production will peak at around a month and continues up to 6 months. I read that Inifini by lutronic is more promising than fractora and Evolastin due to its predictability. [Source: https://stevenfweinermd.wordpress.com/2013/09/22/dr-steve-weiner-finally-a-radiofrequency-rf-skin-tightening-device-that-makes-sense-infini-by-lutronic/] Its needles are up to 3.5mm so I can imagine it to be able to treat deep ice-pick scars.

recovery.jpg

thanks for the reply! keep us posted on any results! so your skin was 100% back to normal within a couple days?

I was advised 2 treatments of infini and 1 enerjet. But I had 2 enerjet and 1 infini. Saw better results with enerjet,

the downtime wasn't long. 2 days, slight swelling. 

The Dr showed me some great before/after photos of his patients who had the infini for acne scaring and they looked really impressive. The collagen production will peak at around a month and continues up to 6 months. I read that Inifini by lutronic is more promising than fractora and Evolastin due to its predictability. [Source: https://stevenfweinermd.wordpress.com/2013/09/22/dr-steve-weiner-finally-a-radiofrequency-rf-skin-tightening-device-that-makes-sense-infini-by-lutronic/] Its needles are up to 3.5mm so I can imagine it to be able to treat deep ice-pick scars.

recovery.jpg

hi @cindity, thanks for sharing your experience with Infini. I have been looking at Infini and Intracel recently. Would you mind sharing the cost you had at Clifford clinic for your Infini session?

Also, do they change the needle head to a new one for every patient? I understand that occasional blood oozing is unavoidable. I'm just a little worried about infectious diseases (hepatitis, etc) that can spread through blood. 

Edited by alatus

hi @cindity, thanks for sharing your experience with Infini. I have been looking at Infini and Intracel recently. Would you mind sharing the cost you had at Clifford clinic for your Infini session?

Also, do they change the needle head to a new one for every patient? I understand that occasional blood oozing is unavoidable. I'm just a little worried about infectious diseases (hepatitis, etc) that can spread through blood. 

The Lutronic Infini has disposable tips, a new tip is used every treatment even for the same patient. I believe that this is also the case for Intracel.
Intracel and Infini are relatively similar in technology and mechanism of action, they both deliver RF energy directly into the dermis with insulated microneedles. Depending on the depth of your scarring, you can consider their needle lengths, the Infini is able to penetrate deeper into the dermis, up to 3.5mm while the Intracel only up to 
 2.0mm.

The cost of a session of Infini (2015) at the Clifford Clinic was SGD 2500.

My skin was back to normal after the 4th day, no more redness! It has been about 2 weeks since the treatment, I have yet to see any visible improvements after the initial swelling has went down. This was reassured by the doctor, as deposition of the collagen fibres takes time and improvements are expected to be observed up to 6 months post-treatment. Do keep us posted on your decisions!

How to Get Rid of Acne Scars - Dr Jeffrey Rapaport, New Jersey

Dr Jeffrey Rapaport
check this out on youtube.    type in How to get rid of acne scars    let me know what you think   it's a long video but shows before and after    a friend of mine went to see him today so i'll let you know what she says once she's home.

Acne Scar Removal Update : Adding Infini to New Combination Treatment - Dr Jeffrey Rapaport of Ne...

Dr Jeffrey Rapaport
Dr Jeffrey Rapaport        ooops   here's the one I wanted you to check out about the infini

type in Acne scar removal update:  adding infini to New Combination Treatment  Dr Jeffrey Rapaport of New Jersey

if you can't find it just look up Dr Rapaport  

On 11/6/2015 at 5:24 PM, cindity said:

recovery.jpg

Hi Cindity ! Thank you so much for sharing your post, may I know how long will Infini treatment last ? 

On 1/23/2016 at 10:27 PM, subtleday said:

Hi Cindity ! Thank you so much for sharing your post, may I know how long will Infini treatment last ? 

Hey subtleday, results from the infini are permanent.   improvements are expected to be observed up to 6 months post-treatment. At the Clifford Clinic, there are post 1-month and 3-months review sessions with the Dr Gerard Ee.
All the best for your skin! 

Hey friends, its been about two months since the last Infini treatment. This is the post 1-month review of the Infini.

infini%2B1mth%2Bresults.jpg

These photos are taken with flash, which is the harshest lighting for the scars. But its always tricky to capture a realistic view of them as the scars look dramatically different at different lighting and angles.

Dr Gerard Ee was patient and has sat with me to scrutinize the photos, zooming in on each area of the skin to see the improvement in elevation. There is an overall betterment of the skin quality and the shrinking of some of the more noticeable box scars (the more prominent one on the left cheek and on certain clusters), but there is little difference seen in most of the other pitted scarring.

The Dr has agreed that results could have been better, and has scheduled another Infini treatment at 3-month interval (2 months after the review photo is taken). The frequency of the treatments are best determined by the Dr, while some patients may just require a one-time treatment and be satisfied with how their scarring look. Infini would be a better choice as the downtime is low (as low as dermarolling) for a deep treatment, so it wouldn't be too much of a hindrance even with repeated treatments. You can do it on Friday night and get back to work on Monday.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by cindity

I would say this treatment is absolutely not worth it and should not be taken lightly...
I had one treatment done one month ago. I was swollen for a good week and red of at least 3. I am only starting now to see an improvement in hyper-pigmentation, however, all my scares are worse I 2 big ones were created by the treatment. I would say don't do it unless your doctor can show you before/after of patients they have treated themselves..

The first 3 pictures are 3 days after the treatment.
The last 3 are this morning, so 4 weeks after.

IMG_6167.JPG

IMG_6168.JPG

IMG_6170.JPG

IMG_6618.JPG

IMG_6620.JPG

IMG_6621.JPG