Notifications
Clear all

Post accutane splotchy red, scarred skin.

MemberMember
(@cat1234d)

Posted : 11/05/2015 3:46 pm

I have taken two courses of accutane. I have been off of my second course for about 3 months and my skin is still quite red and the scars are fading very slowly. My skin is very sensitive to the touch and turns red easily now. Some of the small marks are some current clogged pores I've been having on my cheeks. Any advice on helping the redness/scarring to even out my skin tone? It is not dryness induced,my skin is no longer dry from the medicine. the splotchy redness is just embarrassing and I would like to have more even looking skin. I know there is a possibility of permanent thinning. image.thumb.jpg.7c7df6e70abe2128da3d6290image.thumb.jpg.34115fff6b350c8aa62b3e2eimage.thumb.jpeg.4e633640f16aaa9d958ae52

MemberMember
(@sfass)

Posted : 11/13/2015 7:19 pm

Your skin looks a lot like mine after accutane, I know how you feel. The marks will fade over time, I think it usually takes about a year, but I really like using oils on my face to help fade and heal my skin. I like tamanu oil, rosehip seed oil and jojoba oil. I also use this skin gel called nature's aid it contains: aloe vera, tea tree, witch hazel, vitamin e and rosemary. It naturally soothes and repairs. Also for the hyperpigmentation I use this product by the brand Acure called radical resurfacing treatment. Once I'm finished the acure treatment I'm going to use a glycolic acid one for a while to see if there's a bigger improvement.

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 12/01/2016 5:24 pm

Hey did the thinness and other issues ever resolve?