Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scars: TCA Cross opinions and after treatment

MemberMember
(@2525)

Posted : 11/05/2015 10:34 am

Hello I have been looking at the website for so long now and I wanted to get opinions on TCA Cross and what to do for the after treatment. So I had great skin throughout high school and then when I got to college my skin freaked out! Now I cleared my skin up, but I still get really inflamed red acne sometimes. Upon clearing my skin up I found that I have a few acne scars on my left check that are pretty deep and other are minor scars and I have another scar on my forehead that looks like a huge pore but I know its a scar because I picked it... oops. My question is for anyone who has ever done TCA cross do you recommend it? I have seen some people's amazing results and I want to feel confident again in my skin. I also want to know what you used for a serum or supplement to help rebuild the scared area again. Thank you so so so so so much again! If I get good feedback and feel that this is the right option I will be sure to share my results :) 

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 11/06/2015 1:05 pm

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 11/06/2015 2:17 pm

30% isn't going to do much, they actually use 35% TCA for full-face peels.

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 11/06/2015 2:29 pm

True, but if spot treated, you can layer it. Layering a full face tca peel of 30% does not sound like a good idea to me.

MemberMember
(@2525)

Posted : 11/06/2015 8:22 pm

Thank you! I have a 20% TCA and I tried to do the cross, but it isn't strong enough for me and I ended up just wiping it over the scar area. It just made my skin peel which is good. I'm just want to fill them in. I totally get where you are coming from though. I do not want to make the scar worse!

MemberMember
(@ambergris)

Posted : 11/06/2015 9:27 pm

My derm used 65%, not happy with it. I've only had it done once though.

What I didn't like is that it left some red marks on my face I didn't have before. Its been 6 weeks so hopefully they go away.

MemberMember
(@2525)

Posted : 11/12/2015 5:46 pm

I am sure it will heal over time! I read that if it is red that means its still healing so that's probably a good thing! If i had money I would totally do laser or something put I am a poor college student so I figured this is my best bet.

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 11/13/2015 12:07 pm

What I didn't like is that it left some red marks on my face I didn't have before. Its been 6 weeks so hopefully they go away.

1 round of CROSS isn't going to do very much, the key to success is multiple rounds, each one building on previous gains. 6 rounds is standard,

The red marks will fade, just make sure you avoid the sun.

I am sure it will heal over time! I read that if it is red that means its still healing so that's probably a good thing! If i had money I would totally do laser or something put I am a poor college student so I figured this is my best bet.

When it comes to filling in individual acne scars CROSS is king, lasers don't even come close.

Ommmmmm liked
MemberMember
(@2525)

Posted : 11/15/2015 11:00 pm

1 round of CROSS isn't going to do very much, the key to success is multiple rounds, each one building on previous gains. 6 rounds is standard,

The red marks will fade, just make sure you avoid the sun.

When it comes to filling in individual acne scars CROSS is king, lasers don't even come close.

Yayathank goodness there is hope for cross!