MemberMember
(@amy112233112233)

Posted : 11/05/2015 10:22 am

closed comedones all over my face for 3 years please help me

MemberMember
(@shyturquoise)

Posted : 11/05/2015 10:36 am

I have these too and they are really taking a toll on my self esteem

maybe try steaming your face with a bowl of hot water for 10 minutes to open the pores, then use a toner/ cold water to close up the pores?

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@amberwboone2)

Posted : 11/05/2015 11:13 am

Pityrosporum Folliculitis possibly?  I am currently struggling with these as well.   I have tried everything. Antibiotics ( made it worse) , epiduo nope, every home remedy possible, nothing got rid of them.  They were tougher to pop and so many of them that it was impossible to pop them all if I wanted them to.  Then I got on here and saw pictures of Pityrosporum Foll.  And they looked just like what I have.  Last night I went and bought Lotrime ( yep antifungal foot stuff) as well as antidandruff shampoo and used it as a face wash.  Normally the bumps would just get red and irritated itchy. Not this time.  The top of pic of my face was from last night the bottom was from this am.  My tzone is almost completely healed this am. 
On a side note If this isn't was you believe you have I heard ttree oil works great for closed comedones.  There are many natural home remedies I would try first before going to the derm. What my dermatologist did for me made it much worse as I believe he misdiagnosed it. Which by the looks of these boards happens very frequently.

Top one was last night bottom this am....

NOTE: my husbands camera the top..made me 5 shades tanner than I am...no idea why. But I'm going with it. I'm naturally white as white... note the bottom pic. :)  This was overnight. And I just started. I have a ways to go. But I will keep posting pics on my profile on here to update:)

Collage 2015-11-05 06_36_05.jpg

MemberMember
(@star22)

Posted : 11/05/2015 6:42 pm

When i googled that they all look very red. Mine look like yours, flesh colored. I may have to try this. Was just going to try SA but I need to decide on one thing and stick to it. Are yours red? 

Pityrosporum Folliculitis possibly?  I am currently struggling with these as well.   I have tried everything. Antibiotics ( made it worse) , epiduo nope, every home remedy possible, nothing got rid of them.  They were tougher to pop and so many of them that it was impossible to pop them all if I wanted them to.  Then I got on here and saw pictures of Pityrosporum Foll.  And they looked just like what I have.  Last night I went and bought Lotrime ( yep antifungal foot stuff) as well as antidandruff shampoo and used it as a face wash.  Normally the bumps would just get red and irritated itchy. Not this time.  The top of pic of my face was from last night the bottom was from this am.  My tzone is almost completely healed this am. 

On a side note If this isn't was you believe you have I heard ttree oil works great for closed comedones.  There are many natural home remedies I would try first before going to the derm. What my dermatologist did for me made it much worse as I believe he misdiagnosed it. Which by the looks of these boards happens very frequently.

NOTE: my husbands camera the top..made me 5 shades tanner than I am...no idea why. But I'm going with it. I'm naturally white as white... note the bottom pic.

:)

This was overnight. And I just started. I have a ways to go. But I will keep posting pics on my profile on here to update:)

my reply was to this sorry 

MemberMember
(@amberwboone2)

Posted : 11/05/2015 10:42 pm

Mine do look red at times. And sometimes they don't. I kind of went back and forth on it.  I mean what could it hurt.  If this isn't what it is.  Then I guess at least it's working for me lol.  That is a start. 

Mainly after I wash my face they look irritated. Mine don't itch much either.  That is another symptom that is associated with it. I mean it's a cheap try. And I agree. I'm going to stick with this a few weeks. As it's the first thing that hasn't made it worse. ANd it's cheap. 

NOTE: my husbands camera the top..made me 5 shades tanner than I am...no idea why. But I'm going with it. I'm naturally white as white... note the bottom pic.

:)

This was overnight. And I just started. I have a ways to go. But I will keep posting pics on my profile on here to update:)

Wait, so what actually helped? 

I had head and shoulders at home.  It has pyrithione in it.  I don't believe as much as other anti dandruff shampoos ( medicated shampoos selsun blue..tgel..ect.) .  Correct me if i'm wrong as i'm an impatient reader but I believe that is the ingredient that kills the fungus.  I washed my face with this then dried it.  Then I put the antifungal lotrimine lotion ( foot fungus stuff haha) on my face. And the tzone cleared up over night.  The top portion of my forhead is the worst. So we will see how that clears up in the days to come. I will post another picture in the morning. I'm obsessed with this lately. It's driving me crazy!
This has great information: 
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/208147-pityrosporum-folliculitis-faq/

MemberMember
(@star22)

Posted : 11/06/2015 9:54 am

Ok thanks for the info. I used SA last night because I just got it on way home. However I do have an itchy rash spot on my jaw. I had a reaction to a bath pillow the first time I used it - it touched my face and made it red and raised rash, hot and itchy. This was after I had the bumps and irritated skin. Think my skin was sensitive. That spot might need something different. It gets red and it soo itchy if I touch it even briefly. Nothing has helped so far - BP, honey, yogurt, mousturizer. I used hydrocortisone a couple times but don't want to use it a lot obviously. The bumps look like the ones on my chin it none of the other areas (except jaw) are itchy. Gonna try this stuff on that!

MemberMember
(@amberwboone2)

Posted : 11/06/2015 11:47 am

Here is today. :)

1106150827-1.jpg

I think the one in the middle there is a zit:( It's hard treating two different things. I have a zit on my nose that hates me right now.  However, I would rather have two zits than 200 bumps on my forhead.

I will post a better before picture. I really don't think this ones shows how bad it was! 2 days ago...2 days ago..to day. A little difference I think?

1102152226_HDR-1.jpg

1106150827-1.jpg

a.p. liked
MemberMember
(@star22)

Posted : 11/06/2015 11:06 pm

It looks like a big difference to me! Awesome!

im using SA since I started last night. I think the bumps are smaller and possibly drying out? But also may be purging? Idk it's probably too soon. I am being ocd and noticing every little thing on or near my face. I have a couple bumps on/near my top lip. Of course I've never stretched out my lip in the mirror close up before so no idea if it's new or not. lol 

But I also have a lot of zits (I think) IN my eyebrows. Has occasionally happened to me in past but like 1 not five in each brow. Ew! That could be from oil cleansing tho, which seemed to trigger all of my face problems right now- except chin cysts which I've been getting for years. 

On my left temple the bumps are smaller but it's really red and kind of like dry skin. I'm having a hard time remembering when that started - I think after I used zinc sulfur cream on it a week ago or so. Or maybe too much rubbing with wash cloth. Idk how to treat it. Moisturizer? Neosporin? :|

I am so nervous to try head and shoulders on my face. It doesn't irritate? I've been using it in my hair lately tho. ya never know.

MemberMember
(@amberwboone2)

Posted : 11/07/2015 12:34 am

I wish SA worked for me. I say if it's working 4 u don't change it. :) 
My face usually looks pretty angry right after I start washing it with something that is going to irritate it.  This did not happen to me with Head and Shoulders. I was freaked out about using shampoo on my face too. Keep me posted!!

MemberMember
(@amberwboone2)

Posted : 11/07/2015 12:32 pm

Today I'm unsure of what happened last night lol.   Note: My forhead looks very oily in this pic.  My pores are HUGE.  Therefor it looks a little worse. However, if you zoom allot of the pore are clear of bumps.  One thing I noticed today.  There are a few bumps that appear to have gotten bigger. I'm unsure if this is just part of the process or they will just eventually outgrow my head. I mean that seems feasible at this point haha:/  Not giving up.  

FotorCreated.jpg

MemberMember
(@amberwboone2)

Posted : 11/08/2015 8:09 pm

Day four almost gone. Note I popped a real zit. Bad choices and insomnia provoke that. 

1108151104-2.jpg

MemberMember
(@amberwboone2)

Posted : 11/09/2015 12:32 pm

Today 5 days

Collage 2015-11-09 11_30_07.jpg

MemberMember
(@star22)

Posted : 11/09/2015 7:54 pm

Wow looks good. 
I thikk I'm getting the SA purge. Ahhhh :(

crossing my fingers it doesnt last long. My forehead looks clearer but my chin is a nightmare right now. It's also on my jaw whick I've never experienced before so it's kind of overwhelming. Temples aren't terrible but not great either

MemberMember
(@amberwboone2)

Posted : 11/09/2015 8:07 pm

Oh no!!! :( Srry to hear that. Give it time it may very well pass!!

MemberMember
(@star22)

Posted : 11/10/2015 7:45 am

Your forehead looks so clear! Is the rest of your face clear? Lucky ;) 
im pretty sure the purging is normal with the SA. Not getting it anywhere except my chin/jaw tho (well and one pimple on each temple lol). At least I know those go away tho. Clogged pores are tough to get rid of, I never knew. In general the clogged pores are getting better. And SA seems to cause no irritation to my skin. Idk if I should use a higher %? I'm using 2%