Notifications
Clear all

Consistent redness from BP. Help!

MemberMember
(@danielfd)

Posted : 11/04/2015 5:37 pm

So I've had moderate acne for a little over a year now and finally decided to go a dermatologist after I tried LOTS of different over the counter products. My doctor prescribed me Perrigo Clindamycin Phosphate and benzoyl peroxide gel,1.2%/5%. It seems to be paying off a little after two months of use. I started off with applying it once every night, then worked my way up to at morning and night. About 75% of my acne is clear besides my main problem area, my mouth/chin area. My problem is that my face is still really red(sunburnt looking) and peeling. I have tried a few different moisturizers. Also trying to apply the moisturizer before my treatment. Currently using Cerave moisterizing cream after each application. I've read that most people's skin gets used to the treatment after a couple of weeks, but I've been using for a little over two months with no improvement. Am I experiencing normal side effects or could I be allergic?

MemberMember
(@chippy1)

Posted : 11/25/2015 3:18 am

On 11/4/2015, 1029, DanielFD said:

So I've had moderate acne for a little over a year now and finally decided to go a dermatologist after I tried LOTS of different over the counter products. My doctor prescribed me Perrigo Clindamycin Phosphate and benzoyl peroxide gel,1.2%/5%. It seems to be paying off a little after two months of use. I started off with applying it once every night, then worked my way up to at morning and night. About 75% of my acne is clear besides my main problem area, my mouth/chin area. My problem is that my face is still really red(sunburnt looking) and peeling. I have tried a few different moisturizers. Also trying to apply the moisturizer before my treatment. Currently using Cerave moisterizing cream after each application. I've read that most people's skin gets used to the treatment after a couple of weeks, but I've been using for a little over two months with no improvement. Am I experiencing normal side effects or could I be allergic?

Hi, dont worry....this is normal. I used Benzoyl Peroxide 10% for almost 20years and the rednessnever completely went away. BP treats your skin by removing dead skin cells to stop your pores getting blocked,so you will notice a lot morepeeling. I think the main issue will be if it starts to hurtor stingwhen you put it on. If you do feel uncomfortable when you are applying it maybe drop back down to once a day......BP is strong stuff and some people aresensitive to it but can work really well........hope treatment goes well.....