Acne.org regimen an...

Notifications
Clear all

Acne.org regimen and hormonal acne

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/04/2015 12:35 pm

hi everyone,

this question is more for the women on the site... I am just wondering if the regimen helps with hormonal acne isolated to the chin and cheeks.

I have been on the regimen 3,5 weeks now and thought it was improving but this week I seem to be getting quite a few new spots. I know this is very early for the regimen.

I had a blood test and they think I may have PCOS and I am waiting for scan so it seems as if my acne is caused by this.. I've never had porcelain skin but this became a major issue for me last year and has progressively got worse.. I went on doxycycline which kept me relatively clear but never completely clear however when I stopped this my face is now worse than it was when i started.

I have seen some people say the regimen won't be strong enough for hormonal acne is this the case?

I have also increased my dosage of BP this week and am now dealing with major flakes and dryness I start a new job on Monday and really don't wanna go in all flakey. Should I start to add aha into my regimen now although I do still have active acne atm???

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 11/04/2015 3:34 pm

I suffer from hormonal acne because of PCOS. I can definitely say that The Regimen has helped me out a lot and cleared my severe acne. Give the routine time to clear you. It seems like you just started and it can take months to get clear (at least it did for me).

I suggest not starting AHA yet until you are a month into the regimen. You can apply more moisturizer throughout the day and maybe even jojoba oil to keep the flakes as bay.

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/04/2015 4:38 pm

Thanks for the advice.

would you say the regimen alone can completely clear me or would other things be needed like the contraceptive pill ? I really don't want to take any pills

I will have been on the regimen a month next week and this week I seem to be getting new spots do you think I could be purging ? I am really bad for picking and can't help but pick my face even though I shouldn't !

I have ordered the aha as I live in the U.K. So hopefully when this comes I'll be able to start using it

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/04/2015 4:46 pm

Thanks for the advice. 

would you say the regimen alone can completely clear me or would other things be needed like the contraceptive pill ? I really don't want to take any pills 

I will have been on the regimen a month next week and this week I seem to be getting new spots do you think I could be purging ? I am really bad for picking  and can't help but pick my face even though I shouldn't ! 

I have ordered the aha as I live in the U.K. So hopefully when this comes I'll be able to start using it 

The regimen works wonders I've heard. We are kinda in the same boat. I'm on the 6th week on the regimen and the flakiness is kinda bad and I still get new pimples here and there but not as much as I used to before, I would get like 5 on my chin but I don't get there anymore so I believe it's working. A lot of people say wait for at least 2 months to see completely clear skin and thats what I'm doing but I feel like I'm getting there.

Thanks for the advice. 

I will have been on the regimen a month next week and this week I seem to be getting new spots do you think I could be purging ? I am really bad for picking  and can't help but pick my face even though I shouldn't ! 

And I got the AHA but people say it makes the face red the first time you use it and I don't want to go around with red face in school so probably i'll use it in December as I have scars that aren't noticeable and no don't take pills :)

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/04/2015 4:52 pm

Thanks for the advice.

I will have been on the regimen a month next week and this week I seem to be getting new spots do you think I could be purging ? I am really bad for picking and can't help but pick my face even though I shouldn't !

The regimen works wonders I've heard. We are kinda in the same boat. I'm on the 6th week on the regimen and the flakiness is kinda bad and I still get new pimples here and there but not as much as I used to before, I would get like 5 on my chin but Idon't get there anymore so I believe it's working. A lot of people say wait for at least 2 months to see completely clear skin and thats what I'm doing but I feel like I'm getting there.

have you been using the jojoba oil ? I haven't ordered this as I'm scared that putting any oil on my face will break me out.

Also so I only use half a fingers length of BP cos my spots are only only on my cheeks and my chin so I don't put it all over my face and even this is drying me out like crazy. Do you use the full amount ?

Yeah my chin is the worse area for me since I started I've got 3 huge spots on my chin and you can't even pop them cause they hurt. I know people say it take months but some people say weeks guess we gotta just hang in there

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/04/2015 4:56 pm

Thanks for the advice.

The regimen works wonders I've heard. We are kinda in the same boat. I'm on the 6th week on the regimen and the flakiness is kinda bad and I still get new pimples here and there but not as much as I used to before, I would get like 5 on my chin but Idon't get there anymore so I believe it's working. A lot of people say wait for at least 2 months to see completely clear skin and thats what I'm doing but I feel like I'm getting there.

have you been using the jojoba oil ? I haven't ordered this as I'm scared that putting any oil on my face will break me out.

Also so I only use half a fingers length of BP cos my spots are only only on my cheeks and my chin so I don't put it all over my face and even this is drying me out like crazy. Do you use the full amount ?

Yeah my chin is the worse area for me since I started I've got 3 huge spots on my chin and you can't even pop them cause they hurt. I know people say it take months but some people say weeks guess we gotta just hang in there

I use jojoba oil with the moisturizer but not Dan's jojoba.Any organic one will do. It really helps with theflakiness and doesn't break people out. Coconut oil does.

In the morning I use half a fingers length, in the night, I use a whole fingers length. Right now I have just two minor pimples on my face. But when I get pimples here and there, they are on my cheek, never my chin and I never pick them. I never liked picking acne.

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/04/2015 5:00 pm

Thanks for the advice.

I use jojoba oil with the moisturizer but not Dan's jojoba.Any organic one will do. It really helps with theflakiness and doesn't break people out. Coconut oil does.

In the morning I use half a fingers length, in the night, I use a whole fingers length. Right now I have just two minor pimples on my face. But when I get pimples here and there, they are on my cheek, never my chin and I never pick them. I never liked picking acne.

yeah I need to stop picking I know it's really bad.

How long did it take you to see good results ?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/04/2015 5:03 pm

Thanks for the advice.

yeah I need to stop picking I know it's really bad.

How long did it take you to see good results ?

Around my fourth week! I'm so happy its working because it felt like my face was immune to any other thing.

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/04/2015 5:19 pm

Glad to hear it is working for you

are you going to add the aha in ?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/04/2015 8:09 pm

Yes, I am. I'm thinking this Thursday instead of December. :)