Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maya

Questions

the two photo was taken in two differents angle of light!

take a look at the brightness of the first and the second photo..

the 2 photo has a better angle of light!

bye.

Actually, for me, hoping for good results from Dermaroller is what has clouded my judgements.

I've done Dermaroller (3x's) last year, from 12-2007 to 2-2008 from a doctor that promised at least 20-30% improvement.

I kept thinking or wishing to see great results and never bothered to closely look at all the pictures I've taken. The truth is hard to bare... the results are terrible. To be honest, I couldn't tell the difference between 1st, 2nd and 3rd Dermarolling and after almost ONE year, I STILL can't tell the difference - and if I had to guess, it actually made it worse.

If you look at picture 12-18-2007 (RIGHT), it is 3 days after my 1st Dermarolling and ignore the redness, it is actually smoother. Now see picture 11-21-2008 (LEFT), taken 11 months after my 1st Dermarolling. Yuck.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got a few compliments from my uncle last week after not seeing him almost a year, but of course, he knew I did Dermarolling and was trying to make me feel better. I know my other cousin would've definetely told me my complexion improved if it actually had; strangely, she kept silent....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should've listened to all the other experienced doctors here..... Dermabrasion! Dermabrasion! or maybe Fraxel... I know there is no cure but I think Dermarolling had little effect on me. If my skin tone had improved, it was due to the 20+ facial spa sessions that I've attended last 3 months. Oh well...

PS:

The Dermatologist used genuine 1.5mm Dermaroller and aggressively rolled a good 10 minutes with pain registering close to a 8.5/10 - it was alot more painful than getting my tatoo on my back. I followed all his advise, faithfully applying all the stuff I was suppose to. Neocutis skin cream, Vitamin C and Nutmeg (H.acid) were all used. At the end of the day, I'm thinking it was all a waste of time and money. Majorly.

claisen, I notice some improvement of your skin from the photo's. In my opinion its clear to see. Its not drastic but there are not many drastic procedures out there unless you get larger scars excised by a surgeon. none the less I do see improvement. : ) and I am not just saying that to make you feel better. I have just started doing derma roller myself. I am going to keep doing it, as well as glycolic peels and some minor needling. Only time will tell how much improvement I get but I am going to stay positive and keep going. you cannot give up. just keep on going bro. I have bad scarring too and I am not going to give up, I am going to prove everybody wrong who said I cant improve my skin. every doctor who ripped somebody off who really needed help, every dr. who over charged some body and gave poor results. I am going to keep fighting my friend, I hope you do to.

the two photo was taken in two differents angle of light!

take a look at the brightness of the first and the second photo..

the 2 photo has a better angle of light!

bye.

Of course, they are almost a year apart. I doubt anybody can take two exact same pictures. But I've taken 100+ pictures and have made a conclusion based on the totality.

Munsoned,

I appreciate the encouragement but are you looking at the pictures in order? The 1st one (left picture) is NOW while the 2nd one, (right picture), is last year. I don't think any reasonable analysis can conclude which is better. And if you had to a % on it, I'd would be guessing 0 percentage +/- 3%. I even think I see new scars where there weren't before.

The results for me are not much better than when I did 6 microdermabrasion sessions 8 years ago coupled with Obagi treatment for a year. Then people have complimented how much then my tone has improved - just like now after doing some 20+ facial spas here. The doc then advised the only thing for me was either laser or dermabrasion. Of course I could not afford it then and went with something I hope would do the job for fraction of the cost - as I did with dermarolling....

I'm not saying that needling is totally useless. Again, it has improved my complexion/tone and perhaps soften the scars IMMEDIATELY after - BUT all the improvements subsided within a month or so after. I remember that I did not get much compliments for 2-6 months after my 3rd session of needling.

I really hope you get the desire you are looking from dermarolling or MTS. I would never discourage anyone to do something they feel can help them. For me, if you had shown me these two pictures after 3 sessions and one year, I would never in a million years wasted my money. I'm sure people have actually benefited from it, just as people have actually benefited from laser, dermabrasion and other procedures. Perhaps I'm one of the unlucky ones that clearly do not respond well to needling. But I'm believing now that needling isn't as effective as it promises to be. I'm sure there are greedy docs out there trying to rip patients off but then you can also say the same about needling companies selling them for ridiculous prices for their 'miracle pins'. I've just done my 1st Fraxel last night and believe me, I will tell you exactly the same thing if it gave me ineffective results.

I really tried to give needling as much benefit of doubt as possible against the advises of majority of dermatologists (12+) that I consulted. I've also asked dozens more in email and thoroughly searched for all the positive comments on the net. For me, I felt I made a serious judgement in error for not listening to the majority. I'm concluding, for myself, that these docs knew what they were talking about as far as my skin was concerned - they saw little or no benefit from needling. But then I went to one of the few that offered it, thinking that I was saving money when actually, I could've done few dermabrsions or fraxels for that price. Right, there is a chance fraxel or dermabrasion would not work for me, at least, I tried a procedure that majority of docs feel is right for me - that is all I can do. I'm trying to be as objective as I can. Had needling worked, I would be here trumping its horn as loudly as I could. But for me, needling was the equivalent of medical placebo - I was HOPING that I will improve and that was what had clouded my subjectivity.

My advise to you is to take tons of pictures and to get the angle, lighting as close as possible between sessions. Then let your eyes be the judge of the final results few months later.

Good luck.

claisen, atleast you are still trying things. thats to bad you did not get the desrired results from all your efforts. I needled a few of my own scars. I also derma rolled myself. Its much cheaper this way, I cant afford expensive treatments. I do take photo's as well as I have looked over my scars so many times I think I can tell if theres any improvment. either theres improvement I can clearly see or there is nothing. I am running a log of my efforts on here so I'll keep a close eye on how things go for me.

I will keep you in my thoughts and I really hope you find something that helps. stay as positive as you can man, the mind is a very powerfull thing. "where the mind goes the body follows." ;)

peace man....

Onto my first Fraxel...

Nurse put numbing cream on me with help of .2mm roller. Then waited ~25 minutes before wiping my face clean. Then off I go...

The doc put a blue (or red) insert on a quad-pod device - apparently different insert for different applications - inputed some numbers on the screen and placed the four rod device on top of my right cheek. He set it at 7.5 mj and turned it on; immediately there were popping sounds, like those electric-light bug-killers. I smelled flesh burning, try burning your hair if you want to know exactly how it smells. It was not painful at all - just hundreds of prickly sensation. I can live with that but not for long. He must have juiced it up, way up, towards the last few minutes. I can clearly feel that burning, almost unbearable sensation. Pain is registering 7.5 / 10. Mind you, needling was 8.5 at its worst with numbing cream. After it was over, I was placed underneath a lamp of red-led lights. They put some goggles on me for that.

They gave me some topicals, told me sunscreen of SPF30+ was a must. And that I can goto work within a day or two.

Well, a day after, nobody can really tell anything has happened. I remember some puffiness under my eyes last night. My face is slightly pink if you looked really hard. No pain at all... which is what is beggining to worry me - (No pain, no gain). At least with needling, my face looked very purpish red the next day and you can definetly tell something was done to my face. But then the doc set it at a mild level for most of the fraxel. I did smell my skin burning the whole duration, so something WAS done.

I will wait until a few fraxels later before stating any % improvements. But now, my face feels a bit tighter and shinier.

I'm sure he was just feeling out my face's tolerance. I'm sure he'll juice it way up again next time the whole session.

Onto my first Fraxel...

Nurse put numbing cream on me with help of .2mm roller. Then waited ~25 minutes before wiping my face clean. Then off I go...

The doc put a blue (or red) insert on a quad-pod device - apparently different insert for different applications - inputed some numbers on the screen and placed the four rod device on top of my right cheek. He set it at 7.5 mj and turned it on; immediately there were popping sounds, like those electric-light bug-killers. I smelled flesh burning, try burning your hair if you want to know exactly how it smells. It was not painful at all - just hundreds of prickly sensation. I can live with that but not for long. He must have juiced it up, way up, towards the last few minutes. I can clearly feel that burning, almost unbearable sensation. Pain is registering 7.5 / 10. Mind you, needling was 8.5 at its worst with numbing cream. After it was over, I was placed underneath a lamp of red-led lights. They put some goggles on me for that.

They gave me some topicals, told me sunscreen of SPF30+ was a must. And that I can goto work within a day or two.

Well, a day after, nobody can really tell anything has happened. I remember some puffiness under my eyes last night. My face is slightly pink if you looked really hard. No pain at all... which is what is beggining to worry me - (No pain, no gain). At least with needling, my face looked very purpish red the next day and you can definetly tell something was done to my face. But then the doc set it at a mild level for most of the fraxel. I did smell my skin burning the whole duration, so something WAS done.

I will wait until a few fraxels later before stating any % improvements. But now, my face feels a bit tighter and shinier.

I'm sure he was just feeling out my face's tolerance. I'm sure he'll juice it way up again next time the whole session.

give it time man, these things take time to start showing benifits, just be patient. usually these treatments like laser provide some resluts. I will check back in from time to time to see how you are doing.

peace..

ok from what ive read on this thread so far, everyones gotten needling done on depressed/indent scars

i got needling done today but i have raised scars/bumps.. and it hurt like hell

anyone else get it done for raised scars?

Can I firstly say that I think all of you who are using a needle yourself or going to a Tattoo person are very silly?

If you have a scar on your face, and it means that much to you, you should get it treated the correct way and not be treating yourself or going to a tattoo person. Lots of you have good results, but what happens if it goes wrong and you end up with a bigger scar.

Edited by unluckyguy123
Dear All,

Can I firstly say that I think all of you who are using a needle yourself or going to a Tattoo person are very silly?

Needle treatment is better known as the Derma Roller in the UK. It contains a series of needles that roll around when used on the face. These needles are the EXACT length to induce collagen.You see you cannot go into the skin that much, and these needles are designed exactly for this. There is even a new treatment called the DermaStamp which is like a pen shaped object with 5 needles and they are stabbed into your skin over scars and pit holes to induce collagen to heal the skin. The treatments sessions should be at least 1 month apart, and should be done by a Dermatologist - not by yourself.

b) Dermaroller - This is a great invention, and look up a gentleman called Horst Lieb and see how amazing the Dermaroller is. It contains needles that will go into your skin inducing collagen. This will allow new skin to form and to fill pit holes in the skin. This does take 1-2 months to kick in but is a permanent solution. For the nose the Dermaroller may not be suitable, and there is a new device called the Dermastamp which is much better for the nose region. The downtime is only 2-3 days and then the nose gets better, and collagen starts forming.

4) Laser - You can have laser treatment to induce collagen into the pit holes and scarring.

I think people who are buying knock-offs and doing needling themselves are doing so because of the exorbitant costs of doing a professional session of Dermarollers & MTS. I don't see how the Dermaroller or MTS can charge up to $200-$300 US dollars for a simple device while railing on expensive professional procedures such as Fraxel AND ironically, tell patients to have it performed by a professional who charges anywhere from $150-$300 each session AND then to have the audaucity to say you need at least 6 sessions or even more for achieve similar results as Fraxels (WRONG!) - AND to top it off, in the fine print, recommends you must replace their miracle pins after a few sessions or the pin will be warped and ruin your face (so now tell me again, why are we paying that much for their 'specialized, medical grade, stainless steel, miracle pins?', and these needle companies couldn't be happier because the doc will charge you another $200-$300 dollars for another replacement.

If you shop around, you can certainly find a dermatologist that will perform laser/TCA/Dermabrasion for similar cost ($300 -$600 each) but WITH better/proven results (tens of thousands verified before/after pictures vs a trickle of 'success' stories from anonymous posters like you). I've read the literature, I've read the case studies (one or two from a university nobody ever heard of and about meaningless theoritical collagen production with a case study done on a few, selected individual). I've read the glorified pamphlets they gave me. I was also persuaded by people like you on the net, singing endless praises for a simple medieval device - ALL AGAINST the majority of the professional opinions (I guess it has become so fashionable to diss docs; the little guy vs big corporation mentality). I actually went ahead and done it and the results were as exactly as what the dermatologists warned me about - WEAK and even made some of my scars worse.

Now thinking over, I think I was very naive, eager to believe anything. How can you compare a blunt needle to molecule-sized precision? Do you know how thick a needle is compared to acids & laser beams? We are talking about thousands times of magnitude in order. You can roll till your arms drop and if you don't die from the bleeding or become even more scarred by excessive mechanical punctures, you will never ever be able to match the comprehensive coverage and precision of laser or acids. Needle does NOT vaporize any skin, it merely pokes large holes and hope they will induce collagen that will eventually 'fill-in' the scars. Collagen will never fill in these scars because our skin immediately closes those punctures, weeks before any collagen remodeling will occur at the scar surface. I laugh at the literature now, showing how collagen will eventually fill-in those scar holes, like shoveling dirt into a hole, but the joke is on me for believing that crap.

Lasers and acids works on a completely different principle, they burn and remove scar tissues that the body hopefully will replace, along with the scars themselves- of course nothing will ever remove scars completely, 10-60% is infinetely better than 0% for needling. I think needling has its uses such as better absorption of topicals and treating very very shallow scars of a specific type IF done correctly. Think about how much money you need to spend for the after-procedure topicals? I remember the expensive EGF, special moisturizers, hydraulic acids, vitamins - they all add up to almost double the cost of the procedure itself. Sure, other procedures require afterwards topical, but they are much more effective in conjunction than needling. Did anybody ever do a control study of needling with these topicals vs topicals only? I bet you the results are almost exactly the same.

For the amount of money, energy & trouble you invest and the result you get, you might as well do a full course of laser/TCA/Fraxel treatment and get much better and concrete result. Now think about this, who are you going to trust? A doctor that has spent 5-10 years/lifetime studying our skin and in practice, or a 'miracle pin' product that was invented in the 15th century that tries to be everything Fraxel/Laser is?

Sure, every new gimmick, as I want to call it now, comes out prefacing 'Why spend exorbitant amount of cash when you can do it for much cheaper?' - Marketing at its best. Anyone can accuse docs of wanting to gouge the patients with modern procedures such as laser/fraxel, but the argument becomes moot when you realize the real market cost of Dermaroller/MTS vs TCA/Dermabrasion/Fraxels. The ongoing price for six sessions of needling - what is recommended for medium to severe scarring - costs any where from $2-$4K with topicals MINIMUM. And if you goto a well-known doctor, if you can find one that is as I don't think any reputable dermatologist will want to associate themselves with such a weak device, plan on spending even more. Mind you, that is 6 sessions for almost 0% improvement. You might as well do one or two sessions of the newest CO2 Fraxels for that price (with much less total downtime), something that majority of doctors can attest to in its effectiveness. And for $2-$4K, you can do at least 1 or 2 dermabrasion/laserbrasion or at least 6 Erbium Fraxels. Any of which, DOING only once, will have a much better result than doing 6 sessions of needling.

To me, the gimmick here is preying on people's hope for improving scars for minimum cost. There is no such thing as a miracle here. Don't take my bad experience for it, I only wished I had listened to common sense instead of 'hoping for miracle' mentality. I suggest people talk to as many dermatologist as possible and form an opinion based on the majority. If you won't trust a derm for your skin, who are you going to trust? A company that tries to sell you bunch of needles for $200-$300 and advise you to have a doc do it for $150-$300 each time and then have the audaucity to claim it is actually cheaper and more effective than $100,000-$200,000 modern machines when their recommeneded course of procedures cost as much, if not more? Give me a break.

And if you do try it anyways, do take hundreds of pictures and have the results speak for themselves - look at it after few months. If I hadn't done that, I would still be in Dermaroller/MTS fantasyland - keep hoping the next series of session would be the miracle I'm looking for - NOT.

There are people who may find they get no results from any scar removal techniques. I can garuntee to these people that if you combine your normal EFFECTIVE scar revision techniques such as dermaroller, needling, subscision, fraxel etc with LED/LLLT therapy you will get results where you didn't before.

People will realise this slowly but until then i will keep trying to force people to use LED arrays, i don't care where you buy them but people know who i recommend.

Trust me i have had emails from people saying they are getting results from dermaroller/needling combined with LED therapy where they had not seen very impressive results without the LEDs.

Also look into the product terproline. You will heal like you were a young child again if you use these things. The reason some people don't see results its either A down to an incorrect inflammatory response (which is why you got scarring in the first place). Or B your body doesn't respond well in terms of fibroblast output when a wound is initiated, again this may be why you scarred in the first place. The light therapy addresses both of these issues and will enable you to get results where you didn't before.

Please take my word on this, this time next year many people will be reporting great success with this combo, TRUST me.

I'd never heard of skin needling, but something that worked for me 18 years ago was an emory board. I had a semi-deep scar on my left cheek and gently used a clean emory board to slough away the scar. It did take some time to heal (using triple antibiotic ointment), but the skin looks perfect on the left side of my face. I have a couple of other semi-deep scars on my forehead and when I have several days off from work, I'm going to work on those, also. I don't know if this will work for everyone, but it worked great for me! :whistle:

Been reading through this thread and was wondering what's a good needle to get? I think I saw someone say diabetic syringe. 1.5mm? What gauge is best and can I get them locally? Going to test on a scar that I have on my arm (lol). Thanks.

Been reading through this thread and was wondering what's a good needle to get? I think I saw someone say diabetic syringe. 1.5mm? What gauge is best and can I get them locally? Going to test on a scar that I have on my arm (lol). Thanks.

If your going to do it at home get the Clearskincare roller, skin & scalp roller 0.75mm length & 0.25gauge. Mine lasts a year each time (I've used 2). They also do an Acne Scar Pack that has the roller & a copper peptide serum. I got and am still getting gr8 results with mine. Go to their eBay store, they've got heaps of other gr8 xtra info - http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Clearskinca...634Q2ec0Q2em322

Good luck

Hi - thanks for coming back - and please don't go away!

Please keep me informed of how it continues.

By the way, perhaps at some stage, you could, with your husband, write out exactly how he perfomed this on you, because I want to go an approach som tatto artists here in the UK with the suggestion of needling my whole face.

I have noticed that a lot of tatoo artists are not keen on doing the face - but if I could explain to them the procedure, from a tatooists point of view, they may do it for me.

Thank you - very much

Hello this is test reply as I am new and want to make sure I am doing this right...

Actually, for me, hoping for good results from Dermaroller is what has clouded my judgements.

I've done Dermaroller (3x's) last year, from 12-2007 to 2-2008 from a doctor that promised at least 20-30% improvement.

I kept thinking or wishing to see great results and never bothered to closely look at all the pictures I've taken. The truth is hard to bare... the results are terrible. To be honest, I couldn't tell the difference between 1st, 2nd and 3rd Dermarolling and after almost ONE year, I STILL can't tell the difference - and if I had to guess, it actually made it worse.

If you look at picture 12-18-2007 (RIGHT), it is 3 days after my 1st Dermarolling and ignore the redness, it is actually smoother. Now see picture 11-21-2008 (LEFT), taken 11 months after my 1st Dermarolling. Yuck.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got a few compliments from my uncle last week after not seeing him almost a year, but of course, he knew I did Dermarolling and was trying to make me feel better. I know my other cousin would've definetely told me my complexion improved if it actually had; strangely, she kept silent....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should've listened to all the other experienced doctors here..... Dermabrasion! Dermabrasion! or maybe Fraxel... I know there is no cure but I think Dermarolling had little effect on me. If my skin tone had improved, it was due to the 20+ facial spa sessions that I've attended last 3 months. Oh well...

PS:

The Dermatologist used genuine 1.5mm Dermaroller and aggressively rolled a good 10 minutes with pain registering close to a 8.5/10 - it was alot more painful than getting my tatoo on my back. I followed all his advise, faithfully applying all the stuff I was suppose to. Neocutis skin cream, Vitamin C and Nutmeg (H.acid) were all used. At the end of the day, I'm thinking it was all a waste of time and money. Majorly.

Definite improvement! Yes you still have most of those scars but they are lesser and not so deep now

I think you need a couple of dermbrasions/chemical peels cuz the area you need to work on is quite large

so if i got pen needles, how do i use these pen needles as they are hidden in their respective containers, do i need a pen needle ? where do i get this?

thanks!

bruin74

needling is dangerous and addictive....

i improved one scar and ravaged three others. not a good payoff.

[/quote

Hi all,

I am very new to Message Boards...this is my first post ever. Wanted you to know I am a Intradermal Make-Up artist specializing in Skin Neeedling. The results are truly umatched if the procedure is done correctly. The body percieves an injury and therefore sends Collagen to the area while healing. In short, I have had remarkable results, and all of my clients can't believe such a simple procedure can give them such relief! Please DO NOT try this yourself! You must have it performed by a reputable and skilled professional to have a great outcome. The Derma Roller or any device other than a traditional tattoo machine will not deliver what this technique can, trust me! Pain is minimal as I use a topical that provides comfort and it is re-applied after each pass. Saline is used to keep the skin moist, and aftercare is minimal. What more could you want? If you are in the Tampa Bay area or wish to come for treatment and would like to contact me please do so at [email protected] tampabay.rr.com. I am here to help.

Hi everyone

okay...

So, i'm new here. i've been reading this thread on and off for probably half a year now.

Um, i just wanted to say that i've tried both single needling and the dermarollers. and here are my results. (on stretch marks)

with the dermarollers i tried several times.... 4 session at home with 1.5mm needles. i can't say whether there was improvement or not... maybe a slight, SLIGHT improvement, but not really enough to mention. it felt like the needles weren't really able to "penetrate" deep enough. there was definite swelling and redness afterward, but no scabbing following that.

with an individual needle *and i know this is going to sound crazy to most of you* but i just followed the suggestions of other people from waaay wayy back in this thread. i used the thinnest needle that i could find in my house (from sewing kit) and poked inside the scars from an angle and tried wiggling and rotating it. slight pain involved, but not too bad at all. i did probably 6 sessions with this method on a different mark from the one i tired with the dermarollers. it swelled and scabbed over the next day... when the scab came off, it was pink and raw looking and i was afraid there was more damage after then there was to begin with. eventually, it would turn back to normal color. but i just kept at it and finally, i achieved some results, the scar is actually breaking up and there is "normal" skin within parts of the scar making it look like a 5 smaller, separate (less noticeable)scars compared to the one larger scar that was there.

with all that said and done, it was a lot of work just to get that result, i have a lot more scars and am going to need a 100 more... no, a million more hands with single needles to get the results i am looking for... and my neck HURTS like heck from staring down at my leg (where the scar is)!

do you think buying a needle gun would be a better idea? ive got lots of "hidden" small scars i really don't care much about to practice on and see results.

well, sorry this is a really long post, but thought my experience my be helpful to somebody else here.

and on a side note, what is this i hear about using and emery board with succes? i am looking for cheaper alternatives to fixing scars. i DO NOT have the money for fancy machines and doctors, and will not have for at least the next 20-30 years in the future.

unless i win the lottery. :) one can dream, no?

Hello everyone,

this is my first post here. I want to bring some scientific facts and studies to this medical needling

thread.http://www.egms.de/static/de/journals/vmed/2009-3/vmed000007.shtml

I hope the link works. It's a study from Germany, where I come from. As you can see, the results for burn scars are quite remarkable. The 16 patients who did undergo this procedure

evaluated the results as a improvement of 80%. That's a awesome thing.

To the people who had no results, especially the person with the lost confidence in skin needling.

I've read your whole story. You mentioned, that you did 3 sessions from 12/07 till 02/08. I think it is not necessary to do 3 sessions in such a short time. I think that it's sufficient to do every 2 month a new treatment session. Not more.

I hope the study I posted gives everyone a little bit hope. By the way they used a dermaroller with 2.5mm - 3mm needles. I have emailed them to ask where the differences are. And maybe I will do a therapy in the same way. We'll see.

Neo

Edited by NeoMike

You certainly dont need to get a 'professional' to roll needles accross your face. Its simple, and theres not alot of skill involved.

I had a 'professional' needling sone, and the results were nightmarish.

The 'dr' used VASOLINE all over my punctured face, resulting in a HUGE breakout, the likes of which I hadnt ever seen before. My needling seesion, cost me a fortune, and caused more scaring :)

Do it at home. No one cares about your face as much as you do. Simple. Of course we cant use a laser at home, but this is plain and simple, not rocket science at all.

The best result stories I have read, are from those who treat thier own skin.

I reccomend using strong CP serum, and emu oil.... believe it or not- emu oil CALMS inflation, and is now being studies for its ability to perhaps improve cirlculation.

I had needling done by Frank at Transitions in New York last Thursday. Frank does needling with special hand tools he has custom made for treating facial skin. The needles are very narrow and spaced wider apart than traditional tattoo needles. Frank is nice and down to earth and explains to you what he's doing, and makes you feel comfortable. He uses numbing cream so the procedure is not that painful. I think it took him less than an hour to do both of my cheeks and a few (non-acne) scars on my body. He was very reasonably price, especially compared to Pearl Fractional laser, which I was considering. I chickened out of Pearl because I got scared about having a semi-ablative laser treatment on my face.

I've had lots of treatments done, and my skin has gotten progressively better, but I'm still working on it. I got needling this time for scarred pores, box scars, and ice pick scars on my cheeks and one on the inside corner of my eyebrow.

I put makeup on and went out of the house two days after the procedure. You could tell something was going on under the makeup, but only if you were standing right next to me. And one would probably think it was just a breakout.

It's now Tuesday, and my skin has healed quite a bit, but it's still pink with a rough texture in some spots. I can put on makeup and completely cover the pinkness, but it will be few more days before the texture looks normal again.

I will post on my results as they progress. None to report yet, as expected. These things take a while. I had needling done before with a tattoo gun, and it was much more invasive and I looked SCARY for over a week. But it did improve my orange peel texture. So I have hope that I'll see improvement.

PS:

I think your a perfect candidate for dermabrasion, has proven to be successfull for your type of scarring. Thank you for posting pics.