Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maya

Questions

HI;

I live in phila, pa. Anyone has done needling in phila? If yes, Please advise me the place and cost.

Thanks

I would like to comment on the subject of skin needling. I perform this procedure in Michigan. I do it with varying needle sizes depending upon the size of the scarring. I can do one treatment a month for three months and then we have to wait for six months to do another three if needed. It is done not only for acne scarring but it gives very good results for burns scars, wrinkles, and hypertrophic scarring and for repigmentation of hypopigmented scar tissue. I will be running a special on this treatment soon, due to the fact I have to speak on it at a confernce and I need a lot of patients for before and after pictures and 6 months healed results. You can contact me and I can give more info on it. I would be more than happy to answer any questions on it anyone has. You can contact me at [email protected] or check out my website at www.karinskorner.com for a few before and after pictures. The procedure works well, but we need more documentation of it .Good luck all. Karin

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't checked my emails and I know some of you have emailed me for a update, well here I am! It's been 16 days since my first needling session, and so far I do see great improvement (at least 20% or more) on my left cheek where I have mostly shallow scars. As for my right cheek where I have more deeper scars and a big ugly one I only see very mininmal result so far. Hey, but it's only been 16 days and I do expect contiune improvement over next few weeks, and I definitely would go back to Frank for a second and third treatment. I know a lot of you have concern on hyperpigmentation, me too. I'm Asian with fair/light skin tone. I thought I was very bad hyperpigmented after the needling especially the 4th and 5th day(the discoloration and blotches made me look terrible), but Frank was right my blotchy skin was due to the little dried crustys on them where mostly my hyperpigmentation were, after exfoliation, my skin color have gone much better with only some pinkish left where I could just cover it with my make-up. And after a few more days, my hyperpigmentation has gone completely. (Well, actually I still have this dark brown spot on my chin resulted from the TCA complex I did about a month ago, excess solution was dripped down to my chin and sat there too long and I did't pay attention and got burned badly, shoot!) Anyway, here is my update and I hope answer most of your questions. I was actually planning to have a smoothbeam+microderm done before next needling, but after reading all the posts from the Board and it seems like the results are not permanent. I guess I'll pass it for now and save my $ for the rainy day. But I definitely want to go thr. a few sessions of microderm to even out my skin texture, but I would wait after all my needling sessions are over. Good luck to all of you especially Beth, I'm sure you'll have a great result from Frank also. Don't worry too much on the hyperpigmentation, I think you should look fine after one week.

Cheers,

Thanks for the update, Woodson. I am glad you are getting some improvement. I am becoming more optimistic that it will help me.

I am going to make an appointment with Frank over summer break. I can't afford a lot of downtime as I have to be out and about with my kids nearly every day, but I will most certainly plan for a long weekend at least once over my summer break when I don't have to see too many people.

Thanks, Frank, for continuing to visit this board and keep everyone informed. You bring a ray of hope to all of us.

Beth :-)

Karen,

Thanks for letting us know that you are also out there doing this and getting such great results. If I come across anyone from your area who is in need of this kind of treatment, I will send them your way. I'm in NY, however, so Frank is a MUCH closer drive for me. I wish you much continued success. Please continue to update us on your client's results.

Beth :-)

Important announcement!!!!!!!

Skin Needling in the UK!!!!!!!! by Frank at Transitions!

I know many of you have heard all the success stories experienced by people who have had skin needling performed in the States. Specifically, there have been more people who have experienced great results from Frank from Transitions than any other needling practitioner out there.

People have had great results with ice picks, boxcars, rolling scars and scarred pores! Obviously, the deeper the scarring, the more sessions you are likely to need.

Well, our time has come!!!!!!!!!!

Frank has just phoned me in the UK!!!!!!!!

Frank is now making plans to come to the UK in June. He intends to be in the Birmingham/West Midlands area for 4-5 days, and will training others to perform skin needling to his high standards.

He will be looking for plenty of models to work on. Models will be charged around $50 (£30) depending on the amount needed. This is a ridiculously low fee!!!

Any of you who are interested in having this performed, please contact me ASAP to register your interest. Leave me your name, address and phone number via PM.

Further, Frank will be training me to perform skin needling on others. I will be assisting him throughout his stay in the UK. (I am so very excited!!), so for those models who would need further needling sessions, I will be happy to provide the service to you.

Franks website: http://www.transitionspmc.com/

Franks needling page: http://www.transitionspmc.com/needling.htm

I will bump up this thread when I have the specific dates in June.

Happy scar revision!

Maya

Hello everyone.. just wanted to tell you that i had my first skin needling session by Frank from transitions three days ago..

First I want to say that Frank is a professional. He's very efficient at what he does and I can tell he's really confident doing this procedure. He has a really nice tan leathered operating chair where u lie back so he sees the imperfections of your skin from an under-side view. He also gave me a ride back to the train station after the session and only charged me 15 minutes worth of work (it seemed like I was there longer). I highly recommend him -- plus he makes you feel really comfortable. I would definetly see him again if i see an improvement from this first procedure.

My scar conditions -- on both cheeks i have some slight minor indentations and alot of scarred pores (which can only be seen if you look really close).. Overall my skin is in good health. Even Frank thinks i have good skin. I went to see two other aesthicians and they thought i needed a deep peel to get ride of my minor imperfections and they would not perform needling on me, however Frank thought he could help improve or minimize these imperfections by giving me a not so 'intense' skin needling session. Anyway I'm glad he took that relaxed approach because my face became a bloody mess afterwards and I don't know if that is because I didn't have any real scar tissue on my face to begin with. The left part of my face which had more indentations became a dark black/blue color (as if some-one threw a right-hook at me) and the right side of my face took on a strong red hue. I was nasty to look at. Now it is day three, and all the redness and bluish color has now turned into scabs. I'm thinking this is a good thing because based on accounts i've read in this thread was that people had better results when there was scabbing. I'm hoping this will be the case for me.

Note : I do not recommend people to do needling on themselves because it is a dangerous procedure. You are literally cutting up areas of your skin and if u don't know what u are doing you could leave more scars than what u started with. Let someone like Frank do it for you.

It's too early to tell what my improvements are but I will keep u posted.

Hi I'm new to this site so I'm not too familiar with all the different types of treatments. However, I've read about 22 pages in this thread in the last hour!

Anyways, I used to have severe acne for about 6 years (since 16-22), with many cystic types. My face has many scars (I would say over 100). The ones on my cheek look like craters on the moon (under sunlight).

Talked to a friend and he told me that certain procedures will take away a layer of your skin, which isn't too good. So, I stumbled on to this topic and found it to be quite promising.

My question is, should this be the first procedure to try? I'm in the Los Angeles area. Are there any recommended professionals who can do this for me? I'm not too keen on doing it myself.

Hi, Jean, I had needling done on rolling scars and am very happy with the results. I'm not sure what kind of scars you have but they sound like they are shallow to moderate rolling scars. If you don't want to have any layers stripped off either through dermabrasion or chemical peel, this is an alternative. It may take several treatments for you but the downtime can be minimal depending on your skin type. You can check out the FAQ's at the top of the page for more info on different treatments. I'm not from the LA area so I can't help you out there. I'm sure other members are from that area.

i still have active acne.. but it is under control with antibiotics an fish oils.. but my questions.. is there anyone here who had needling while still having acne? if so did it bring up pimples where u were needled?

Caroline: I had active acne when I had my two needling sessions. As long as you aren't doing needling ON the acne, you should be fine. However, if you or anyone else reading this has severe, cystic, acne, then you oughta refrain until you clear better so that you don't risk infection.

Having minor breakouts isn't a big deal with regard to having needling done, but cystic acne is.

hey oursfan.. do u feel u got an improvement with needling?

from your before and after pics, it looks like your scars softened a bit..

hey oursfan.. do u feel u got an improvement with needling?

from your before and after pics, it looks like your scars softened a bit..

Hi,

Just wanted to do a update on my third needling with Frank at Transitions. I got it done about a week ago, just like the 2nd time, my face pretty much went back to normal by the 5th/6th day. I think I got about 10-20% improvement from my 2nd needling and I expect to see more improvement on this one as well which usually shows a few weeks later after the procedure. I have to say Frank is just wonderful. Not only he knows what he is doing (very professional), he also cares about his clients/patients. I would really recommend him to anyone who needs his help. I'm going to skip a few months for now and plan to see him again this fall.

Good luck to all of you!

Cheers,

Hi,

Just wanted to do a update on my third needling with Frank at Transitions. I got it done about a week ago, just like the 2nd