Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maya

Questions

I know what you mean about feeling self-conscious about the scars.... I have felt that way too. I have even come a ways since before my scar treatments. smile.gif I am hopeful for the future. I'll definitely PM you if I am able to get up enough nerve to do it. Thanks so much again, Scorpion. biggrin.gif

Wow I'm impressed on the type of results you mention getting from performing the saline injections yourself Scorpion.... I'm just curious, what kind if scars do you have? and what type responded well to the injections?

Thanks.

Guest Scorpioness
Wow I'm impressed on the type of results you mention getting from performing the saline injections yourself Scorpion.... I'm just curious, what kind if scars do you have? and what type responded well to the injections?  

Thanks.

I was told saline is quicky reabsorbed by the body in a few days, which makes sense. Did you not find this to be in your case? Taylor

Tamara...

My scars were sooo similar to yours. I also have a lot of scarred pores I am treating with the TCA CROSS. You know, the scars I had that were so similar to yours improved a LOT... with saline injections. Have you ever tried those? Not many people post about those, but over the course of a year, I thought those scars had improved 30% and now I'm thinking that they have improved more than that. Some of those scars I had are now completely level with the skin, some have just gotten so shallow you can only see them in bad lighting, and the others have gotten a lot shallower and smaller. In many mirrors, I cannot see them at all anymore. Just thought I'd throw that out there, yet I am hoping needling works even better for you as time goes on. Thanks so much for posting those!!

At the end of this month I am going to see some old friends I haven't seen in well over a year. It will be interesting to see if anyone notices my improvements, I am sure that they will.

Bye for now. :-)

Guest Scorpioness
I was told saline is quicky reabsorbed by the body in a few days, which makes sense.  Did you not find this to be in your case?   Taylor

I had needling done on February 5th, am I overdoing it by putting Super Copper Serum and following up with Emu Oil, 5 times a day? Plus, I read somewhere that taking Fish Oil will worsen acne scars. Is there any truth to that? I currently take FLAXseed oil which is a good weightlifting supplement but I will discontinue it if it is making my scars worse. Especially if it's making it permanently worse.

Could you tell me more about your saline injections? DId you do them all yourself and did you have bruising and swelling? How did you learn how to do them? thanks for any info and how much improvement have you had from them? I know it's hard to calculate a percentage but just a guesstimate - taylor

I was told saline is quicky reabsorbed by the body in a few days, which makes sense.  Did you not find this to be in your case?   Taylor

Yes, saline is reabsored by the body...quickly. That could be an issue if I had been using saline as a 'filler' like bio-alchamid, artecol, collagen, etc. However, the purpose of the saline injections are not to act as a filler, but rather a sort of 'liquid subsision' where the fibroblasts are broken up from underneath the scar, slowly, over time, allowing new collagen to grow in to fill the depressed area. Saline injections are not a 'quick fix.' They work over time. Calculating it correctly, I did the injections for about a year and a half. I haven't done them since last August. Results have appeared to be permanant and my scars continue to improve.

Guest Scorpioness
Scorpion Vixen, have you ever had needling done? And if so how did it compare to saline injections, as far as results?
Guest Scorpioness
Could you tell me more about your saline injections?  DId you do them all yourself and did you have bruising and swelling?  How did you learn how to do them?  thanks for any info and how much improvement have you had from them?  I know it's hard to calculate a percentage but just a guesstimate  - taylor

Scorpionvixen, from what I have gathered from the thread is that the best results from needling come around 8 weeks so I am like you in that I'm gonna wait until then before I start judging the effectiveness of it. Definitely interested in hearing your results from it. Are you putting anything on your scars now to help out with the collegen rebuilding for the needling procedure?

Guest Scorpioness
Scorpionvixen, from what I have gathered from the thread is that the best results from needling come around 8 weeks so I am like you in that I'm gonna wait until then before I start judging the effectiveness of it. Definitely interested in hearing your results from it. Are you putting anything on your scars now to help out with the collegen rebuilding for the needling procedure?

Scorpion Vixen:When you say you used diluted vinegar how diluted is it? I mixed up a bottle of 2 parts water : 1 part vinegar. I read in another post that it can be used as after shave, but now I regret using it that way because I broke out pretty bad on my neck after using it. I started to use it because I heard it was good for those notorious long lasting red marks(these ones are about 2 years old). I guess my cheeks are to the point now where they just wont break out anymore regardless of what I put on it(knock on wood), but my chin area and neck area are still acne prone when I put the wrong things on it. So I know to avoid super copper serum on my chin and diluted vinegar on my neck as after shave. I was doing really well before I put those things on but at least now I know what to avoid. I really think that the diluted vinegar is helping out my cheek area though.

Guest Scorpioness

Native Texan...

I dillute my apple cider vinegar to about 4 or 5 parts water in a little toner bottle and I don't use it every day. If my skin is irritated, I skip it. I use it when I need an extra swipe of clean after cleansing.

Guest Scorpioness

PS Native Texan...

My bets are that you would love the NA-PCA with aloe after shaving. It's around 5 bucks. Check it out. :-)

hello pepz,

have been reading your thread and have found it very intersting!! You all seem to pleased to an extent with this new method of scar reduction and i am pleased for all of you. I have been suffering from acne scars for roughly two years and im only 18. It has caused me some serious emotional problems. waking up in the morning to see small indentations on my face. I havent had any treatments for the scars seeing as my acne is still active. I am planning to have a couple of nlite sessions to control my acne as i have seen good results from pepz on this site. Can anyone give me some advice about nlite and how to control cystic acne and whiteheads. Also i was wondering whether having needling done then going for a nlite session to promote even more collagen to establish itself under the scars. Need help the scars are rrreealllllyy pissing me off!!

thanks for all your help

RUFFNESS

Hey Lisa,

Could you please tell me what bump and lol means? I do not understand all the lingo yet and would really like to know what these mean. Thank you for your time. Linny

'Bump' means she is bumping up this thread to put it at the top on the board/front page

As in ... bumping up a thread (coz it's a good one!) biggrin.gif

Hey Lisa,

Could you please tell me what bump and lol means?  I do not understand all the lingo yet and would really like to know what these mean.  Thank you for your time.    Linny

Thank you Maya and Mrstupor for your kind replies you have been very helpful. Mrstupor, I clicked on the link you provided and I gleaned a wealth of acronyms. I will keep them handy for quick reference. Thanks again. Linny

Hi, I live in Japan.

I have shallow scars on my cheeck.

I have been reading this thread and think needling is highly effective and many people have received good improvemnets.

I am willing to fly to anywhere in north america to get my face needled.

I just need to find a good doc or makeup artist.

Can anyone tell me who I should have my face needled by?

Thank you

Hi, I live in Japan.  

I have shallow scars on my cheeck.

I have been reading this thread and think needling is highly effective and many people have received good improvemnets.

I am willing to fly to anywhere in north america to get my face needled.

I just need to find a good doc or makeup artist.

Can anyone tell me who I should have my face needled by?

Thank you