Small Flesh Colored...

Notifications
Clear all

Small Flesh Colored Bumps on Forehead and Hairline

MemberMember
(@moorej2)

Posted : 11/03/2015 7:25 pm

I've been dealing with these small flesh colored bumps on my forehead and hairline for quite a few months. One dermatologist told me it was a reaction to the estrogen in my birth control so I stopped taking my birth control. It cleared about 40%. I went to another dermatologist and they said it's a sub type of Rosacea. He put me on Doxycycline and Soolantra. After 3 weeks of that treatment, the forehead bumps almost doubled in number. I also added the Cetaphil Antibacterial Bar to my regimen because it's supposed to strip bacteria from the skin. Anyone else have this before? It seems everyone is stumped and I'm left embarrassed.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@amberwboone2)

Posted : 11/05/2015 11:28 pm

Me ( raising my hand.)   I have blown so much money on trying to fix this.  I have diagnosed myself with every sort of acne possible.  This week I believe that it is 

Pityrosporum Folliculitis .  

I wasn't sure on this diagnoses as most people seem to have redness to their bumps.  Mine are mainly flesh colored.  However they do get irritated time to time and a little itchy.  Mainly after I wash my face or it's cold.   
There is a whole thread on here about this and I recommend it!  I basically scrounged up what I had that had the ingredients listed in the thread.  And then bought Lotrimin.  I currently had head and shoulders shampoo from a crazy dandruff phase I went through.  First, I washed my face with the head and shoulders.  Dried my face well.  Then I put on the lotrimin.  I went to bed and let it do it's thing.   And I had a pretty big difference just overnight.  
I am trying to document my progress on here.  The picture that looks like I have jaundice ( odd thing my husbands camera did) Is the before.  The pale real me is the after.  My tzone is pretty cleared up.  Which was the lessor of the spots.  I'm hoping this is it! And it keeps clearing up. Very excited about this.  Here is the link to where it explains this in a little more detail... http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/208147-pityrosporum-folliculitis-faq/

Good look on your quest for a cure.  Keep me posted if you find anything that works for you. In case I wake up tomorrow covered in a face full of flesh colored comedones:p 

GetAttachment (1).jpg

Collage_2015-11-05_06_36_05.thumb.jpg.8a

MemberMember
(@moorej2)

Posted : 11/06/2015 5:11 pm

Your forehead looks amazing compared to mine  I'm jealous! Mine also spreads down my hairline near my temples. They are in random clusters. I know it isn't acne because it comes and goes and varies in size. Closed comedones is the closest I've gotten during my research. I've read online about using Head and Shoulders on head and forehead while in shower, but I've also read that putting "anti-fungal" on face can cause some other long term side effects that aren't pretty. I'm nervous to put anything on my face that isn't meant for facial skin. My skin is so sensitive. I wonder if there are any topical ointments made for the face that have the main anti-fungal ingredient in it. I've been using Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial Bar twice daily and that has Triclosan in it. Doesn't seem to make a big change though on my forehead. 
Thank you for your reply!!

MemberMember
(@amberwboone2)

Posted : 11/07/2015 9:34 pm

I don't blame you! I bet there is something made specifically for your face. I figure my face is already screwed now lol.
Ill search around on the web some more lol. If you have any luck pass it on:)

MemberMember
(@moorej2)

Posted : 11/09/2015 11:02 am

With using the Cetaphil Antibacterial bar twice daily on my forehead and applying an AHA toner, my forehead has cleared a little BUT I'm also not on my period. I've noticed my forehead gets bumps everywhere when I'm about to start my period/when I'm on my period. Hormones bring them out! Here's a before and after pic (on period and not on period).  I'm going back to dermatologist on the 18th of this month. If this is hormone driven, I'm not sure how anyone can help it :( 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@moorej2)

Posted : 11/21/2015 10:10 pm

UPDATE!

I've started to use the Neutrogena 2 in 1 Fight and Fade Toner 3x a day along with the Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial Bar and Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. Here is a picture of my forehead taken today (2.5 weeks since using toner in regimen. I went to my dermatologist on Thursday and instead of treating me for Roseacea (doxycycline and Soolantra), he's now treating me for acne (Tazorac and Aczone). I haven't ordered these two creams yet because the reviews scared me! Plus, my acne is very mild. I wonder if I should have another week or two to see if the toner eventually clears my forehead up. Anyone have any advice? Advice on Aczone or Tazorac? 

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@chowmaree)

Posted : 06/24/2016 3:12 am

Hey! I have these bumpa on my forehead too, aswell as on my cheeks and particularly bad around my mouth. Have you found any information as to what it is caused by/what products work. 
I noticed you stated that you used the neutrogena and cetaphil products but I am a bit  nervous about using generic brands (I use an expensive paramedical skin care brand called DMK, but its not making my bumps go away at all) Any advice would be appreciated- i am over it like you wouldnt believe!!!!!

MemberMember
(@hashimotoshappiness)

Posted : 06/30/2016 3:04 am

Forehead acne is typically due to a hidden diet issue, food allergy, or sensitivity to something you regularly ingest. I'd think that a salycylic acid wash and face scrub 2-3x a week would clear that up, it looks super mind and much better already.

MemberMember
(@kady)

Posted : 07/14/2016 12:59 pm

I've got the exact same on my chin. This appeared I think round about the time I started to take my microgynon pill again. They are not painful or itchy just very noticeable and make me very paranoid! Does anyone know what this is called or how to treat it? 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@oneida23)

Posted : 07/20/2016 7:53 pm

Last year I developed perioral dermatitis at 20. Clear skin my whole life, and I turn 20 and had 6 months of painful yucky acne looking dermatitis all over my face. Took 3 antibiotics and many creams later. I think what kicked it was tetracycline and aczone acne cream. Now I have the same bumps being talked about in this feed on my forehead! You can only see it up close. I washed my face with non medicated face wash, used some peroxide and then the aczone cream followed by mosturizer. FYI if you have dermatitis medicated creams like salycylic is the worst thing for it!!! It dries it out and makes it 10x worse. Who says your skin gets better after your teenage years

MemberMember
(@cupcakesx)

Posted : 08/18/2016 12:24 pm

Hey mine are there too. My chin but up cheeks too now. What are they? Have you found anything that works? Mine been there over 2 years

MemberMember
(@groeney)

Posted : 09/15/2016 8:48 pm

I have this too and have tried lots of stuff. I don't know what to do. My best results were when I tried tea tree shampoo and aloe vera. 

IMG_1119.JPG

IMG_1120.JPG

MemberMember
(@groeney)

Posted : 10/01/2016 7:52 pm

I found a link describing the small bumps and maybe how to treat them. https://www.verywell.com/types-of-acne-blemishes-15616
It's number 1.

BTSchi liked
MemberMember
(@moorej2)

Posted : 10/20/2016 8:51 pm

Wow I have not been on here in a while to see all of these posts! So sorry!
I'm thinking it's hormone/food related. I haven't quite nailed down what causes my forehead "rash/bumps."
Since my last post, my forehead cleared up for a month or so-it was beautiful! It has slowly been returning. I started to use Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Wash and I noticed a difference! It has been back the past couple of days. I also wouldn't be surprised if it was stress acne (I'm a teacher!)
I'm still lost with what helps this....keep the suggestions coming!

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 11/08/2016 2:45 pm

On 10/20/2016 at 9:51 PM, Moorej2 said:

Wow I have not been on here in a while to see all of these posts! So sorry!
I'm thinking it's hormone/food related. I haven't quite nailed down what causes my forehead "rash/bumps."
Since my last post, my forehead cleared up for a month or so-it was beautiful! It has slowly been returning. I started to use Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Wash and I noticed a difference! It has been back the past couple of days. I also wouldn't be surprised if it was stress acne (I'm a teacher!)
I'm still lost with what helps this....keep the suggestions coming!

Have you been using a different type of shampoo or hairspray? Sometimes that can cause little flesh colored bumps, you could be allergic to something in either that's worsening or causing the acne. Also, you could try to time the forehead flare-ups and see when they're happening in your cycle. If it's during ovulation/a few days before your period maybe it's from elevated testosterone.

MemberMember
(@moorej2)

Posted : 11/18/2016 6:23 pm

Shampoo and hairspray hasn't changed in a very long time. How can I control hormonal flare ups? That could be it. I'm literally out of ideas.

MemberMember
(@sachaaa)

Posted : 10/10/2017 10:10 am

I had the exact same spots on my forehead, tried everything to try get rid of them, creams, anti dandruff shampoo, anti fungal creams, prescription tablets etc
After researching online I found someone who said to try cider vinegar
Within 3 days it had improved by 90% !
Apparently all the creams were clogging the spots up thus making them worse!
No need to dilute or wash off, just apply cider vinegar 2 x a day on a cotton pad.
Hope this helps someone as it did me.

MemberMember
(@malu97)

Posted : 12/06/2017 10:06 pm

I just got these too!

Anyone living in Australia got any reccomendations for products from here?

Might try head and shoulders!

Heres a picture of mine!

MemberMember
(@naturalbornashole)

Posted : 02/12/2018 2:41 am

Hey guys,
many times our skin reflects the health of our insides. The importance of a healthy gut lining and balanced gastro intestinal bacteria plays an enormous role when it comes to many ailments including acne. If you have a poor diet (high in sugars (incl alcohol), processed foods, lots of red meats, etc) it can lead to / feed candida overgrowth, permeable gut, and in turn flair up acne. If this is the case, any facial treatment cream will only work in short term and not fix the root of the problem. Prescription antibiotics in this case are an absolute no no as well. A fairly effective but often overlooked treatment to try is...change to a strict, good quality, balanced, whole foods diet. Spend a few bucks on a good ebook (for example candida diet)that can guide you through healing your gi tract. Or even better, see a Nutritionist or Dietician. Chances are you may notice changes for the better in other aspects of your life, and a reductions of other ailments. Keep in mind this approach takes time, it won't heal you overnight. Remember that healthcare always starts in the kitchen, and not at the pharmacy.
Hope thathelps, good luck!!

MemberMember
(@jalva321)

Posted : 05/01/2018 12:43 am

This is what worked for me, and was as simple as taking a supplement.zinc picolinate 50mg. Never got another acne or fibrous growth in my face, and face started to clear from previous growths and acne.

MemberMember
(@heavenly-idiot)

Posted : 08/15/2018 11:34 am

Could this be the same issue? I broke out once a few months ago and they haven™t gone away since. I used to have none1CE92ABE-36EF-4D71-B95B-908132C61F83.thumb.jpeg.d67728aa0f3f093d841ad3d39a774222.jpeg of these smaller bumps 

MemberMember
(@bestlife22)

Posted : 10/27/2018 11:41 am

Hello! I have the same thing to help eliminate things for other people Ive been tested for hpv, Ive been tested for hsv1 both came back negative I use proactive. I didnt have acne as a teenager at all. Im not on birth control I do not eat sugar, red meat, gluten. That didnt help anything. Just want to share my experiences so someone else doesnt think maybe Ill try this. Dermatologist said its a rash. Mine comes and goes sometimes its there hours later it looks better. Im really struggling with it as I have never experienced this before. Trying tanning today seeing if that helps I know its horrible but I dont know what to do.

MemberMember
(@starrynebula)

Posted : 12/04/2018 2:20 pm

I had similar things mostly around my lines from nose to lips (yep, instead of wrinkles, I had these bumps), also some on forehead.

I found recommendations to use Tea Tree Oil products. I ordered Keeva Organics tea tree oil moisturizer (they simply had a good discount for first time purchase) and it was the only one that worked on these bumps from all acne treatments. I cannot say if other tea tree oil products won't work, I have not tried, but I love the Keeva product.

Note: Keeva product did not work on my usual acne, only on bumps. But well, only one kind of oral antibiotics did work on my usual acne, and derm had issues believing, as they are not usual acne antibiotics.

MemberMember
(@eee45)

Posted : 02/19/2019 6:08 pm

On 11/22/2015 at 4:10 PM, Moorej2 said:

UPDATE!

I've started to use the Neutrogena 2 in 1 Fight and Fade Toner 3x a day along with the Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial Bar and Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. Here is a picture of my forehead taken today (2.5 weeks since using toner in regimen. I went to my dermatologist on Thursday and instead of treating me for Roseacea (doxycycline and Soolantra), he's now treating me for acne (Tazorac and Aczone). I haven't ordered these two creams yet because the reviews scared me! Plus, my acne is very mild. I wonder if I should have another week or two to see if the toner eventually clears my forehead up. Anyone have any advice? Advice on Aczone or Tazorac? 

image.jpeg

Hi Moore did you ever find any solution , my skin looks exactly how yours does and also flares up around periods on temple area and forehead. Thanks 

MemberMember
(@penagabriella)

Posted : 04/02/2019 11:11 pm

Hi all! I have similar bumps but they are along my jawline and sometimes appear on my cheek. They aren't itchy, nor are they red, they are the color of my skin. They are also very soft and only visible when seen really up close. I do have acne scars and some acne, but this is not acne. Does anyone know what this could be? I am also aware that this area of the face is linked to your reproductive system, and ovaries. 
Thank you!

IMG_8382.JPG

fullsizeoutput_20f7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_20f6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_20f8.jpeg