Notifications
Clear all

You are beautiful...

MemberMember
(@wannabebeautiful79)

Posted : 11/03/2015 2:32 pm

A week or so ago I saw a comment under a story on the Internet, I don't recall where, but I copied it to share with my facebook friends.
It just occurred to me that some of you good people could really get some insight from it as well.
Although it's aimed to women, it's absolutely true for men as well. I know this from experience, having known both men and women who just couldn't see past their 'flaws' to their own inherent beauty.
Anyway, here's the comment:

"I have a theory on why some women never seem to realize their own beauty.

Beauty is like candy, bright and colorful - it pleases the senses and provides short bursts of happiness, but ultimately is unfulfilling and, if indulged too often, is unhealthy.
True beauty, though, is like a full meal, satisfying and nurturing both body and soul. It's not as colorful or sweet as candy, but it has depth and gives lasting contentment. It doesn't just please the senses, but it pleases the soul, or essence, if you will.
And the reason so many people, I think, fail to realize their own true worth, the true beauty inherent to themselves, is simply because you cannot touch your own soul. Those who are candy can please themselves easily enough by simply looking in a mirror, but those who are more can't. They simply see that they are not candy. But that doesn't stop those whose hearts they touch from loving them and finding them truly beautiful."
--Ciaran Annrach
EmilyDent and 54321 liked
MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 11/03/2015 8:10 pm

I think it's narcissism. People want to be a false image of themselves rather than embracing their real selves and reality.

MemberMember
(@getschwifty)

Posted : 11/05/2015 12:20 pm

That quote was really beautiful, and IMHO, pretty on point. Thank you for sharing!

MemberMember
(@emmy088)

Posted : 11/05/2015 1:52 pm

Beautiful quote.

Feeling horrible today. Literally just had my grandmother tell me:
"Do you want me to go buy you something for your face? Anything? Do you want to go out right now?"
"No... thanks..."
"You're so pretty, but those pimples make you look so ugly".

Thanks grandma.

54321 liked
MemberMember
(@wannabebeautiful79)

Posted : 11/06/2015 9:02 am

Beautiful quote.

"Do you want me to go buy you something for your face? Anything? Do you want to go out right now?"
"No... thanks..."

Thanks grandma.

oh that's terrible! *hugs* I'm sorry she did that to you. That's the problem with people who don't have it. They think it's easily 'fixed' by just any old thing on the store shelf.

54321 liked
MemberMember
(@getschwifty)

Posted : 11/06/2015 4:11 pm

At least you

Beautiful quote.

"No... thanks..."

Thanks grandma.

At least your grandma still said you're pretty. My dad was just," What happened to your face!? You look so ugly!" LOL

MemberMember
(@wannabebeautiful79)

Posted : 11/06/2015 4:40 pm

My dad jokes with me like that. Every year on my birthday, he says "It only took (my age) years for you to get this ugly!" Lol
and he says stuff like "You were the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. Wonder what happened."
Soooo funny, Dad. Even after the 100th time. Lolol

54321 liked
MemberMember
(@wannabebeautiful79)

Posted : 11/07/2015 8:48 am

Well, maybe people aren't used to hearing an opinion. Generally clear skin is considered ideal.
And don't be hard on yourself, it's not your job to make others feel better. We're all doing what we can here.

54321 liked
MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 11/07/2015 3:06 pm

Well, maybe people aren't used to hearing an opinion. Generally clear skin is considered ideal.
And don't be hard on yourself, it's not your job to make others feel better. We're all doing what we can here.

Maybe it's just, my situation is not best to help others with acne.

My true feelings:
"I find acne on women beautiful. Your acne makes you lookmore beautiful to me."
Maybe what somewould rather hear:
"I don't even notice acne. Your just as beautiful with or without it."

Plus, I can't make them feel better trying to share my suffering with their's.
I can't stand the way I look, but the reason is NOT "common".
I can't stand the way I look, because I look like a man.
I have a woman's brain and mind, and I'm unfortenelty currently still in a man's body.
So, can't standing your looks because your in the wrong body, is so different from, can't standing one's looks because onehave acne.

Plus, another reason I'm so unhelpful, hopefully when I get to transition in a woman's body, I would actually want acne, and try to get it.
When I see born-a-girl women I'm jealous, especially a born-a-girl woman with acne.
So the women with acne, I'm jealous of, so I can't relate to their suffering, and the men with acne, I can't relate either, because I'm not a "man-man" I'm more a "woman still trapped in a man's body".

I do get alot of others don't want acne, and it can cause suffering.

I know you're trying to behelpful but its actually really insensitive to say things like "i want acne." If you've never had acne yourself then you don't know what its like. Its not just about physical appearance, acne can also be really painful and just makesyour face feel overall really uncomfortable. Why would you wish to be in pain? You say you feel trapped in the wrong body? Well then you should be able to empathise with acne sufferers because thats how we feel too. Its nice to pay someone a compliment on their appearance, but saying you wish yourself to have a medical condition (like acne) is insensitive and can really be upsetting to those suffering with that condition.

EmilyDent, 54321, getschwifty and 2 people liked
MemberMember
(@ajax88)

Posted : 11/09/2015 7:25 am

That's such a beautiful quote. Thanks for sharing.

54321 liked
MemberMember
(@getschwifty)

Posted : 11/09/2015 11:27 am

My dad jokes with me like that. Every year on my birthday, he says "It only took (my age) years for you to get this ugly!" Lol
and he says stuff like "You were the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. Wonder what happened."
Soooo funny, Dad. Even after the 100th time. Lolol

Oh, my dad doesn't kid with physical appearance like that. He says he likes to call it like he sees it. lol
I grew up with very frank people around me so rest assured, if I ask any one of my family members about how my skin is looking, they'll be incredibly honest (to the point of being cutting) about it.

I asked my younger sister yesterday about what she thought was happening to my skin and she just said,"Well, it's looking grosser?" Not very helpful with my self esteem tbh.

54321 liked
MemberMember
(@wannabebeautiful79)

Posted : 11/09/2015 11:40 pm

@humanhelperist, thisis offensive, and not the purpose of this site.
The original post was meant to help others, not provide a platform for you to tell your sexual fantasies.

With all due respect, please stop.