Notifications
Clear all

Accutane//Isotretinoin diary (F&17)

MemberMember
(@ioo17)

Posted : 11/03/2015 1:40 pm

This is it! My first day of Accutane after a grand number of months trying to avoid the damn thing..
From the age of about 12/13 I always had a little acne here or there, but it was at the end of last year that it really hit me like a feckn brick! I didn't want to leave the house, it sucked butt. I tried everything over the counter, tried some prescribed antibiotics, birth control and various topical creams.. every time one part of my face would improve another part would break out.. resulting in a lovely scattered hyperpigmentation across ma face and a plentiful load of remaining spotties, my favourite recipe....
Anyway, i'm fed up, acne really is rather shit, it's stopped me from doing a lot.. and I just want to feel confident in myself again. I want my face back!!

So here goes, if no-one reads this, at least it's a good place for me to steam it all out I guess!!

The dermo has also given me zineryt to reduce initial breakout, I will be using cetapil facewash and probably the moisturiser too. Though does anyone know if it would be ok to use a Vaseline Lotion??
Advice is welcome

MemberMember
(@gman2)

Posted : 11/03/2015 9:48 pm

Goodluck! I started 17 days ago so I will definitely be following along. I use cetaphil face wash too and I think it works well. I have not needed a moisturizer very often so I have been sticking with cerave just because it was already in my house. My main advice is to try to not count the days, it seems like it takes an eternity but as this point you just gotta be patient and live your life in the meantime. Also make sure to get aquaphor for your lips. I thought chapstick would be enough but it couldn't keep up with my drying lips like aquaphor could.

MemberMember
(@ioo17)

Posted : 11/04/2015 1:13 pm

Thankya, goodluck to you too! The cetaphil moisturiser is lovely.. though obviously I am yet to experience the dryness! How's the dryness for you?? Lips however are alreadyparticularlychapped, will definitely be purchasing aquaphor on your recommendation as they were dry before anyway, not to mentionthe affect of the winter months.. And about counting days, coor, only been on this thing for two and i'm agitated hahah, but I guess after waiting this long, what difference does it make!? But ty, will be sure to keep that in mind, I've gotta work on that patience.
P.s have you noticed any changes in your skin yet?

MemberMember
(@gman2)

Posted : 11/04/2015 4:56 pm

If by dry you mean to the point that my skin is flakey then I have not really experienced much dryness except for on my cheeks right when I get out of the shower. If you mean dry as in no oil then I am very dry, the oil has gone down significantly. As for changes Ive already noticed a difference starting at about day 13 or 14, it is now day 19. My forehead and temples have improved a lot but nothing much to note on my cheeks, if anything it seems like they are getting slightly worse, but I can't complain compared to the initial breakouts it seems like so many others get. I think I am very fortunate to be seeing improvement so early, but then again I guess none of us are really lucky for having to take accutane in the first place.

MemberMember
(@ioo17)

Posted : 11/07/2015 11:17 am

So all things you can cope with then? Been breaking out in some places that usually remain pretty clear:-( nothing too extreme, just a tad annoying yano. Just need to stop thinking about it so much and let it do the work, that firstpiece of crucial advice ya gave me! Lips are more visibly dry now.. can't wait for this acne to fook off!! What mg you on?

MemberMember
(@gman2)

Posted : 11/11/2015 4:12 pm

So far my side effects have been pretty minimal and I am on 30mg (I weigh 140 pounds)

This is the link to my log if you wanna to check it out:
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/353575-accutane-zenatane-personal-log-16m/

MemberMember
(@ioo17)

Posted : 11/12/2015 6:34 pm

I'm on 40mg myself! I've been following it; glad you're seeing improvements!!